Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Arsenal Home Pre match Sunday 28th at 12.00 on BT1 @ 11.30am

14 hours ago, foxfan92 said:

I like the set up with Castagne and Richardo on one wing and Thomas and Barnes on the other even if its playing Richardo out of position (and yes I  know he's played there in the past).

I think it gives us a lot of attacking play going through the wings.

Problem we have is filling the Maddison role with the players available.

This, with Nacho man Randy savage playing behind Vardy instead of Maddison. It’s our only realistic option.

Brendan said in an interview that pushing Youri forward into the Maddison role didn’t work, and I think we all agree that we shouldn’t be starting with Choudhury or Mendy ahead of Ndidi/Youri as the two deep lying midfielders.

Tomorrow’s game on its own isn’t must win, but we could do with 8points + from the 4 games between now and the international break.

Then at minimum Vardy gets a 2 week break, plus we could have Fofana, Praet, Maddison and Perez all back available after the break.

And an almost full strength side (hopefully no more injuries) to face the final 9 games and 5 wins from those last 9 will see us get to 72 IMO that should be enough for fourth.

Edited by Aus Fox

I can actually see this ending goalless. Wouldn't be at all surprised if it was a really bad game with two tired teams cancelling each other out. I can see both setting up quite conservatively. We can't play 4-2-3-1 at the minute due to lack of options, unless he fancies Iheanacho behind Vardy, but that feels risky. We need to keep Tielemans deeper as our passing structure falls apart a bit without him there. Have a feeling he'll play a back 5 sadly - we did it away there.

7 minutes ago, Nick said:

Who'd take a point right now?

Never take a point before kick off in any game. Especially against an inconsistent team in the bottom half of the league, who flew back from Greece a couple of days ago.

The XI we should put out, should be enough to take the game to them - Maddison is possibly our only certain starter out of the game.

There is the fatigue issue and with Perez, Praet, Justin, Fofana all out it’s out options from the bench that have taken more of a beating.

Similar to Vill is what I’m hoping for - hit them hard early and see out the game second half.

Youri is obviously capable of playing further forward, but he is by far and away the best option for recieving the ball on the half turn to work the ball forward and dictate the play. He picks the ball up beyond the opposing team first line of the press and plays out. To be honest he has also really improved his defensive cover and tracking. I guess his conditioning this season has increased with time. I would prefer sacrificing the number 10 position with Kellsy or Barnes or under rather than youri to keep him where he is?

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can anyone remind me the last time Albrighton had a good game for us? Asking for a mate.

He's not been on a great run of form that's for sure though when the goals were going in a month or so ago from elsewhere in the team we were lording his defensive qualities and his running but yeah the last five weeks or so - not so much!

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Can anyone remind me the last time Albrighton had a good game for us? Asking for a mate.

He's playing at the same level he has all season, just when the goals dry up people remember that a winger should actually contribute goals and assists rather than running and tackling.

I'm sure we'll go with this team today:

Kasper

Castagne

Evans

Soyuncu

Thomas

Ricardo

Wilf

Youri

Barnes

Nacho

Vardy

It'll be a sort of lop sided 442 which becomes a 433 when defending as Ric will tuck inside more to prevent us getting overrun in central midfield.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

8 hours ago, TK95 said:

We've smashed them 3 seasons running in this fixture. Not the most confident after midweek but if there was a game to put it right, it's this one 

2 hours ago, Nick said:

Who'd take a point right now?

2 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Never take a point before kick off in any game. Especially against an inconsistent team in the bottom half of the league, who flew back from Greece a couple of days ago.

The XI we should put out, should be enough to take the game to them - Maddison is possibly our only certain starter out of the game.

There is the fatigue issue and with Perez, Praet, Justin, Fofana all out it’s out options from the bench that have taken more of a beating.

Similar to Vill is what I’m hoping for - hit them hard early and see out the game second half.

all the conjecture is a waste of energy - we will never ‘do the double’ over Arsenal in the remainder of my lifetime .....just as with man United, it is written .........

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are Arsenal fatigued like us in any way? I've not watched some of their games recently so unsure if they're as knackered as us with all the fixture congestion... 

they have a completely fit squad ......hence they should be tired given the schedule  but they won’t be as knackered as we are .....

23 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are Arsenal fatigued like us in any way? I've not watched some of their games recently so unsure if they're as knackered as us with all the fixture congestion... 

Hard to say, they have only Holding out so in theory there squad is not getting challenged.

I noticed rather than travelling home straight away after the Benfica game the Arsenal players travelled back Friday afternoon, so that wouldn’t make much difference either.

2 minutes ago, dayday said:

Hard to say, they have only Holding out so in theory there squad is not getting challenged.

I noticed rather than travelling home straight away after the Benfica game the Arsenal players travelled back Friday afternoon, so that wouldn’t make much difference either.

Maybe not. Man City looked a bit jaded yesterday  having not apparently trained after their travels too.