Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Arsenal Home Pre match Sunday 28th at 12.00 on BT1 @ 11.30am

6 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal make changes and rest players. 

They have 6 games in 22 days a game every 3.5 days. 

Week off after tomorrow though. 

Pretty much every game we have for the next 2-3 weeks sees us play a team with less fixture congestion.

A point worth considering is whether if we go for an attacking line up or slightly defensive line up-   the latter may limit Arsenal better but would also limit our attacking potential and make us look even more horrid thus damaging us mentality wise further.    If we go for attacking line up,  we may expose ourselves and lose but it could be somewhat useful to blow away cobwebs and get a goal or two to make us feel competitive again.

Then again we can get thrashed Liverpool/Man City in December 2019 style wrecking our confidence even more lol

Sufficent to say,   I am glad I am not the manager-  Brendan will really need to earn his salt in next couple of fixtures.  

Edited by The Blur
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Blur said:

A point worth considering is whether if we go for an attacking line up or slightly defensive line up-   the latter may limit Arsenal better but would also limit our attacking potential and make us look even more horrid thus damaging us mentality wise further.    If we go for attacking line up,  we may expose ourselves and lose but it could be somewhat useful to blow away cobwebs and get a goal or two to make us feel competitive again.

Then again we can get thrashed Liverpool/Man City in December 2019 style wrecking our confidence even more lol

Sufficent to say,   I am glad I am not the manager-  Brendan will really need to earn his salt in next couple of fixtures.  

..it will be a Villa style start...!!!

Get right into them from the start, score early and impose ourselves. The only player missing from our usual first team would be Maddison so Rodgers will go toe to toe. He will only consider a more pragmatic approach if we were at the bare bones.

• Like 1

We are able to put out  11 strong players and still have a reasonable bench.

Our squad is probably  as strong as it has ever been.  The injury crisis shows the importance of certain players.  We missed N'didi because he is class and has a positive effect on the games of others.  I think Maddison is in the same category as Tielemans would be.  Obviously, Praet's absence compounds things.  

Hopefully, Thursday's performance was a one off.  Clearly, summer is going t9 be important as despite the squad being strong, it is a little imbalanced.  DOH would have , made a difference.  

Is it time for Tavares?  Those who follow the younger age groups, what are your thoughts about how he would fit as a Maddison replacement?

6 minutes ago, majaco said:

Our squad is probably  as strong as it has ever been.  The injury crisis shows the importance of certain players.  We missed N'didi because he is class and has a positive effect on the games of others.  I think Maddison is in the same category as Tielemans would be.  Obviously, Praet's absence compounds things.  

Hopefully, Thursday's performance was a one off.  Clearly, summer is going t9 be important as despite the squad being strong, it is a little imbalanced.  DOH would have , made a difference.  

Is it time for Tavares?  Those who follow the younger age groups, what are your thoughts about how he would fit as a Maddison replacement?

...perhaps the biggest disruption to the team was Tielemans out of position!!!

That had a bigger knock on effect and perhaps someone in the #10 position (even though inexperienced) who understands the position, would have helped.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...perhaps the biggest disruption to the team was Tielemans out of position!!!

That had a bigger knock on effect and perhaps someone in the #10 position (even though inexperienced) who understands the position, would have helped.

Spot on. We play our best football when everyone is fielded in their best position. Such as against Chelsea - arguably our most complete team performance of the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'm not so sure. If tomorrow's game had been against say, Fulham or Sheffield Utd I think our starting lineup on Thursday would have been stronger.

Three players could have made it stronger - two are recovering from injury and Barnes, they’ve had some concerns regards fatigue. 

So here we are the day after the day after. We need some grit in this game and sheer determination to win it nothing less is going to get us 3 points. will be in interesting battle as the arses are hungry again. It will come down to who wants it more on the day and some individual class moments. they have Saka we have Barnes. We really need Vardy to show up c'mon JV pull yer socks up lad!!!

5 hours ago, majaco said:

Sorry but can you tell me who DOH is please

• Like 1

Our attacking options are as bare as Mrs Hubbards cupboard. Unless we properly get Vardy into this game we’re struggling. I hope we do it but can’t see it hence a £5 win on Arsenal to lessen the hurt at 2pm tomorrow. 

If Tavares does play I can only think he’ll be on if we’re at least a goal down which is never a great time to introduce a youngster. 

14 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

This will be a tough one (aren't they all at this point?)

They have everyone fit (bar Holding), while there's a traffic jam at our sick bay,

Holding has apparently been cleared to play, so they have a fully-fit squad available. 

9 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see Arsenal make changes and rest players. 

They have 6 games in 22 days a game every 3.5 days. 

9 hours ago, sdb said:

Week off after tomorrow though. 

Pretty much every game we have for the next 2-3 weeks sees us play a team with less fixture congestion.

But it's still likely someone like Saka would be rested (or not start).

He's apparently in the so-called Red Zone and Arteta said that it was a "push" not to rest him against Benfica in the EL.

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

But it's still likely someone like Saka would be rested (or not start).

He's apparently in the so-called Red Zone and Arteta said that it was a "push" not to rest him against Benfica in the EL.

Also think arteta Reckons this is one of the last chances to make the Europa league regarding picking up points and they have a week off to follow

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1