Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lee Monty

Hidden Striking Gem in Our Youth set ups

Sorry if this should be in another thread Mods

I’ll admit I don’t see much of the u23s play but I often see names that come up regularly scoring goals ie Wakeling, Ali Regbha (think that’s correct spelling) and Hirst are any of these players actually any good I know Hirst is at Rotherham on loan but I’ve not seen much of them to be honest, and if they aren’t anywhere near then is there someone who is looking like they’ll be extra special. Always remember Sam McMahon being a regular scorer in our youth team but him never showing his worth to our 1st team in the 90s 

Hirst has struggled. It’s hard to see what all the hype was about currently. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He needs to go somewhere like League 2 and rebuild his confidence. I wonder if the spell for OHL did him more harm than good. 

24 minutes ago, Sly said:

Hirst has struggled. It’s hard to see what all the hype was about currently. Hindsight is a wonderful thing. He needs to go somewhere like League 2 and rebuild his confidence. I wonder if the spell for OHL did him more harm than good. 

Leaving Sheffield Wednesday has done him more harm than good, he was breaking into their setup at a very young age and the club would doubtlessly have invested a lot of time and effort into him, he showed more in his few appearances there than anything for us.

The simple answer is no. 

I would say Admiral Muskwe is the cream of the crop but even he's not pulling up trees at Wycombe. 

The issue is these players all either play in poor sides that are In a relegation battle or are stuck playing Beagleball in our setup. Neither roads really lead to decent experience or help build confidence. 

Ihenacho still streets above them in terms of talent. 

We'll be making a striker a priority in the summer hopefully. 

11 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

It's so hard to predict which academy products will make it big. I remember a 15 year old Hamza Choudhury in our academy being watched by Barcelona and Real Madrid...

I seem to recall that was just a story that was "put out" by his agent to stimulate contract discussions at LCFC...

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Mods get this topic edited to say "is there a" before it, going to cause some disappointments lol 

Full lexicon of emoji's, well done.

Whats happened to Layton Ndukwu? 22 now, used to score a few for youth/U23 team, still at the club and not out on loan but never see him in U23s, is he injured? 

I have a bad feeling him and Muskwe are heading in the same direction as Ricky Sappleton, Eric Odhiambo...etc.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Strokes said:

Didn’t one of them go on to have a decent career?

I remember reading an article in which Kee said that he's quit football to be a builder somewhere in Leicestershire.

• Like 1