Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

11 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Time to break the safety glass and read the riot act to the entire team Brendan. Enough pussy footing around anymore. They are all experience pros this level of performance drop is not acceptable. If we need Top to give them a good kicking so be it. In business he won’t accept sub standards so why should he in football. Sort it out quick! :chant:

Not sure whether that'd be shooting ourselves in the foot. Can't be lack of effort since we got 2 back. I imagine their confidence is at an all time low. No idea how to fix that. 

1 minute ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We've had 48 shots in the past two games, 18 on target.

48 in two games.

Little more composure, and denied by some top saves, and it looks very different.

Lack of composure highlights the deeper mentality issues. We were clinical earlier in the season when the pressure was off. It was the same last season.

• Like 2

Guest bss9401
2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

We needed wingers, we wanted a central midfielder. Would have made no difference.

Yes, and WHU bought Bowen when we needed a winger. We needed quality options going forward in both windows and did neither.

30 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I'm not sure Maddison will be starting all of the 4 games listening to the post match interviews just now, its easier to take in the information when you are less emotional, an the question regarding how difficult is it to manage players that aren't quite fit, with the need to be competitive, I hope to see some changes in personel Tuesday, just to freshen it up, "a lack of concentration was cited" Fofana, Soyunchu, Ndidi pretty much know they are gonna start every game, that can lead to a slack attitude. Vardy needs some space to run into, its hard to be sharp in front of goal when you are getting 15-20 touches in a game, I hope he compromises his principles a bit Nachos winner v Palace was just a long pass an a great strike, Vardy has scored plenty like that. 

Vardy has scored like what, twice in half a season? And if I remember, both were pretty much tap ins. He's had more chances then most strikers, pretty sure I read he has one of the worst XG to actual goal ratios. 

What I'm saying is, there's no point talking about what Vardy used to be able to do. He needs to be dropped. 

26 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

If Utd field a weakened side against us and we get the points it would really wind up Liverpool......which makes me think they'll do it :D

its the more logical game for them to rest players for tbh, and as you said they'd do it to wind Liverpool up too if they did it against us

1 hour ago, Fox in the North said:

Admittedly I don’t think Barnes snapping his knee was expected after the transfer window. Had that injury not been as serious, we’d still have another outlet and would be able to mix up the formations/tactics etc

But losing one player resulted in a total chgnge to our formation.

You can't have a squad that is so unbalanced one injury means you can play the way you want.

Edited by coolhandfox

1 minute ago, FrankieADZ said:

its the more logical game for them to rest players for tbh, and as you said they'd do it to wind Liverpool up too if they did it against us

Man U should just let us score and then we just tap it around in the middle for the rest of the game lol 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

48 in two games.

Little more composure, and denied by some top saves, and it looks very different.

About 30 of them were from Maddison, though... 😬

30 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

48 in two games.

That is true and it appears we were unlucky. But, watching the last few games, we weren't just unlucky. We were sloppy, slow and lacked all desire. I put it down to  tiredness a week or so ago, but I'm wondering again if it's more than that. 

2 minutes ago, NasPb said:

as far as i see it, if we play at our best for at least one of our next games, we will make it, if not, we wont. no excuses at all. you either earn it or you dont. 

The last time we played at our best was the first half against West Brom, Rodgers wasn’t pleased though 

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

The last time we played at our best was the first half against West Brom, Rodgers wasn’t pleased though 

maybe rodgers has been overthinking and overcomplicating things with this being said. last year we cared too much about the scoreline and getting it perfect or close to that as possible and we fizzled out and this year maybe weve been too lax and on the other side of things. we need balance. i thought rodgers criticism of that match would have been a good thing but i guess not. 

53 minutes ago, enmac said:

The real worry for me is the defence. So fragile yesterday. How far is Morgan from fitness? Someone said Evans was on crutches so will he even be fit before the end of the the season? 

He will never play professionally again

• Sad 1

Still think we'll get 4 points from the last 3 to finish on 67 points. Then its down to Liverpool and West Ham dropping points in at least one game. Chelsea will get 3rd without too much trouble from here (even if they drop points today)

Edited by turlo

Guest bennytwohats
17 minutes ago, jonesy9 said:

Spurs fans getting in a right old tizzy on Farting Cock.

People in glass houses and all that... it's not exactly been zen around here in the past 24 hours