Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

actually believe neither  of Liverpool or WHU will top 66 points, Spurs can now only get 65.

Makes losing last game even more frustrating, but one more win could well do it. it will be tight, may even go down to GD but whilst the slimmingly challenged female may be warming up she ain't singing yet.

1 hour ago, chapero82 said:

For two seasons running we didn’t sign a Lyn attacking player in January and both times it looks like it’s cost us massively 

Do you/people who keep posting this genuinely think if we signed an attacking midfielder we’d be any better off? Our issues aren’t due to options/talent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Do you/people who keep posting this genuinely think if we signed an attacking midfielder we’d be any better off? Our issues aren’t due to options/talent.

Really? So against Southampton we were crying out for some creativity but we didn’t have any because Maddison was unfit 

18 minutes ago, urban fox said:

actually believe neither  of Liverpool or WHU will top 66 points, Spurs can now only get 65.

Makes losing last game even more frustrating, but one more win could well do it. it will be tight, may even go down to GD but whilst the slimmingly challenged female may be warming up she ain't singing yet.

3 draws could be more realistic, let’s hope 66 points will be enough 

9 hours ago, Eskay said:

To the people saying the next 2 fixtures are very winnable.....have you been in a coma the last 2 weeks?

Chelsea just smashed Real Madrid to get to the champs league final. They are not worried about Leicester showing up. Trust me. 

Not won at old Trafford since the Tony Cottee days. 

The 2 very winnable games were 10 man Southampton and Newcastle. We didn't pay a glove on either. We don't deserve champions League. 

Man U and Spurs are winnable. Chelsea is most certainly not one I expect us to cause too much trouble against. 

3 hours ago, Charl91 said:

Vardy has scored like what, twice in half a season? And if I remember, both were pretty much tap ins. He's had more chances then most strikers, pretty sure I read he has one of the worst XG to actual goal ratios. 

What I'm saying is, there's no point talking about what Vardy used to be able to do. He needs to be dropped. 

Personally I would drop him just so we had a sub that could be an impact player, but that would involve changing system, an I don't see Rogers doing that, a lot of the space Wilson had to run into, Vardy will have when we are playing against teams that play a higher line while in possession. 

West Ham lose tonight and it could really make things interesting. If we could some how get ourselves up for United it could be done more or less. But we need West Ham to slip up tonight. Then we have a major chance. I think Liverpool and Spurs are out of it, they’re fighting out for 6th.

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

West Ham lose tonight and it could really make things interesting. If we could some how get ourselves up for United it could be done more or less. But we need West Ham to slip up tonight. Then we have a major chance. I think Liverpool and Spurs are out of it, they’re fighting out for 6th.

I would bet my mortgage West Ham won’t lose tonight 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t know, Everton are a funny side... more than capable. I fancy Everton tonight. 

I don’t know, they can be as funny as they like it ain’t going to bring the fixture forward a day.

I really dont think its mentality with the players. They're being hamstrung by the coaches tactics.

The amount of goals we score in the first half using his original tactics is ridiculous lol

It's only when hes forced to attack and the other team drop off do we see chances and goals regularly happening

• Like 1

It's not going to happen is it?  :(

My thoughts:

1) Vardy.  Our most potent attacking threat has gone missing.  He has not been the same since injury, similar to Ricardo and JM.  I also believe that he plays better as a solo striker.

2) Barnes.  Our next most potent attacking threat lost and the enforced formation change that has caused.  

3) FAC final.  A distraction?  Players playing within themselves to stay fit?  We don't seem to have played well since the semi-final (West Brom aside...but well...they are West Brom) and the closer the final gets the more our form is suffering.

4) Mental resilience.  It has to be questioned after last season and now potential deja vu.  Do we wilt under pressure?

To weigh up against these factors I should acknowledge the rise of Iheanacho.  Without him we would be nowhere.