Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Les-TA-Jon

2020/21 - The Run In and Top 4 chances - an Ongoing Analysis

we looked nervous from the off last night. the last minute loss of Evans was huge and it seemed to dent confidence. We just seemed scared to force the issue and paid the price.

One eye on the cup final maybe, players not wanting to risk an injury? 

Definitely seems that Ricardo, Maddison and Vardy are still not fully up to pace following their injuries, but i would have thought they would have been busting a gut to prove their worth for a cup final starting spot.

Not sure where we go from here as options are limited without Barnes to provide width and pace.

If we don't get top 4, i just hope that we at least show some fight in the last three games. If we have a proper go and don't make it fair enough, but please god not let us go down with a whimper

• Like 3

Guest bss9401

Man u bought Fernandes last Jan and WHU got Lingard this Jan to add creativity in a crucial area, at a crucial time. 

We were crying out for the same but did not show desire or ambition so it's ironic that both of those clubs made or are making a late surge because of those investments. 

This lack of insight seems to be a huge flaw in our planning.

7 minutes ago, bss9401 said:

Man u bought Fernandes last Jan and WHU got Lingard this Jan to add creativity in a crucial area, at a crucial time. 

We were crying out for the same but did not show desire or ambition so it's ironic that both of those clubs made or are making a late surge because of those investments. 

This lack of insight seems to be a huge flaw in our planning.

We needed wingers, we wanted a central midfielder. Would have made no difference.

I’m not sure we have blown it yet but it don’t look good.Mainly,because Rodgers is picking players out of form etc.We have a good squad and he has not really used it when the occasion demanded.Last night with the last minute injury to Evans should of being putting Ndidi back in the middle of the three and bringing on Mendy to play midfield.Or just simply put Amartley in there.Total lack of trust by Rodgers to other players in the team.How Maddison  is starting over Perez at the moment is also mind boggling.Tilly looks shattered also.Praet must be scratching his head that he can’t get on ,even as a sub.Rodgers needs to make a few tough decisions.I just don’t know can he.

9 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Can anyone see us getting another point this season? 

Yes, even more emphatically if Evans is fit.

We have four games and we’ll be underdogs for all of them - that tends to suit us.

We have four games against teams that won’t play a low block against us - that will suit us.

So yes!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Yes, even more emphatically if Evans is fit.

We have four games and we’ll be underdogs for all of them - that tends to suit us.

We have four games against teams that won’t play a low block against us - that will suit us.

So yes!

We can’t defend though… as proved last night, especially if Evans is injured 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

........when we play the high block against teams that park the bus, we wont get the chance to play it much against these teams and they'll be more space up front.

Mind you we'll probably still not get enough from them to make the top 4

1 minute ago, Bryn said:

Two years in a row we've suffered for not adding reinforcements in Jan. We we could have taken Willock and Lingard ourselves even.

Admittedly I don’t think Barnes snapping his knee was expected after the transfer window. Had that injury not been as serious, we’d still have another outlet and would be able to mix up the formations/tactics etc

56 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

We will be the ones playing the low block in all 4 games an not attempting to get on the front foot, this will allow us the sort of opportunities that Palace, Southampton and Newcastle had on the counter, Chelsea are strong defensively now, but I don't believe united or Spurs are when properly tested, an these are the sort of games that Vardy loves. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Bryn said:

Two years in a row we've suffered for not adding reinforcements in Jan. We we could have taken Willock and Lingard ourselves even.

Man United weren't going to loan us a player mid-season.

• Like 1

Just now, Beachyboy said:

We will be the ones playing the low block in all 4 games an not attempting to get on the front foot, this will allow us the sort of opportunities that Palace, Southampton and Newcastle had on the counter, Chelsea are strong defensively now, but I don't believe united or Spurs are when properly tested, an these are the sort of games that Vardy loves. 

Can’t see it, if we start Maddison who slows it all down we end up going backwards and sideways. Vardy is in worst form of his life (in-front of goal at least)

Hope you’re right though 

17 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Just in the process of having my morning sit down, and I’ve just had an odd sense of positivity and optimism. I actually think we’re going to shit house a win against United.

It’s the hope that kills you 

20 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Just in the process of having my morning sit down, and I’ve just had an odd sense of positivity and optimism. I actually think we’re going to shit house a win against United.

Don’t do it to yourself.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Can’t see it, if we start Maddison who slows it all down we end up going backwards and sideways. Vardy is in worst form of his life (in-front of goal at least)

Hope you’re right though 

I'm not sure Maddison will be starting all of the 4 games listening to the post match interviews just now, its easier to take in the information when you are less emotional, an the question regarding how difficult is it to manage players that aren't quite fit, with the need to be competitive, I hope to see some changes in personel Tuesday, just to freshen it up, "a lack of concentration was cited" Fofana, Soyunchu, Ndidi pretty much know they are gonna start every game, that can lead to a slack attitude. Vardy needs some space to run into, its hard to be sharp in front of goal when you are getting 15-20 touches in a game, I hope he compromises his principles a bit Nachos winner v Palace was just a long pass an a great strike, Vardy has scored plenty like that.