Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

LEICESTER POSTS £67M PRE-TAX LOSS

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Which is 'funnier' - referring to BR as Brendan or Pep as Gladioli?

Wasn't supposed to be funny but a lack of spelling ability on my part. I'm sure that it would've been pointed out by some smart arse if I'd spelt his name incorrectly. By using a nickname it  allows the reader to understand who is being referred to. Glad you found it funny, or didn't. Makes no difference. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Wasn't supposed to be funny but a lack of spelling ability on my part. I'm sure that it would've been pointed out by some smart arse if I'd spelt his name incorrectly. By using a nickname it  allows the reader to understand who is being referred to. Glad you found it funny, or didn't. Makes no difference. 

Sure.

7 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

"Pep" would have done!:ph34r:

Edited by pazzerfox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Makes me think that because FFP isn’t being implemented this year, clubs are actively trying to put any future losses in the last financial years accounts where possible. 

Very possible - get as much bad news out there as you can when it’s not going to be over analysed or used against you. Same will be true for current financial year. 

• Like 1

On 30/03/2021 at 09:34, Chocolate Teapot said:

The way I see it and I could be wrong is king power are effectively acting as a guarantor with the club, ready to step in if needed which they have done. By and large over the last few years the club hasn't needed them to step in. Clearly during covid to keep investing they've needed to, which means the club have a lot of debt in the short term but as many have said the assets far outweigh the liabilities. As ever with accounting its never as straight forward as it could be but then those clever accountants wouldn't be able to command big salaries or tell everyone how clever they are.

I don't think anyone should find the accounts alarming or be too worried. If we were a league one or championship club then I'd be very worried. Fortunately, we're a premier league side that has consistently been in the top 5 for the last 2 years, has a relatively young playing squad who'll get better and has aspirations of being in Europe consistently 👍

I am not worried because I dont believe king power would let us collapse, but the accounts are not an indication of a healthy financial status, from what I can garner the owners are not particularly concerned about us breaking even, probably just happy enough to stay within permitted FFP losses, and lend to fund infrastructure/cashflow.

On 25/03/2021 at 08:13, Ric Flair said:

You are probably right but don't forget that the club have been very mindful that they didn't want to give the authorities any further reason to investigate/punish them since that FFP business in the 2013/14 season. 

My feeling is that they are there if we need it, but they'd really rather we did it organically. You need to burn through silly money for a decade to get long term traction, and I just don't think they will. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

My feeling is that they are there if we need it, but they'd really rather we did it organically. You need to burn through silly money for a decade to get long term traction, and I just don't think they will. 

Yes that's my view too, they'll never let us get in to trouble but their perogative isn't to throw loads of dough at it outside of what we generate to try and compete. I like that. I do think they'll ensure we can improve our squad this summer which many fans have differing views on whether we'll have enough funds to do so without them increasing our debt/losses.

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes that's my view too, they'll never let us get in to trouble but their perogative isn't to throw loads of dough at it outside of what we generate to try and compete. I like that. I do think they'll ensure we can improve our squad this summer which many fans have differing views on whether we'll have enough funds to do so without them increasing our debt/losses.

It's difficult, you look at what we've done before and it all indicates that without a player sale we won't be spending much. But they can facilitate a spend at the click of their fingers if they wanted to. 

If they were going to do it, I would say now is the time to do it. Rodgers needs backing or he'll walk at the next opportunity IMO and with Vardy fading and the clear need for one or two other players to help cement our position, you have to go for it. Doesn't have to be crazy money, could be £50m or less with great scouting. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

It's difficult, you look at what we've done before and it all indicates that without a player sale we won't be spending much. But they can facilitate a spend at the click of their fingers if they wanted to. 

If they were going to do it, I would say now is the time to do it. Rodgers needs backing or he'll walk at the next opportunity IMO and with Vardy fading and the clear need for one or two other players to help cement our position, you have to go for it. Doesn't have to be crazy money, could be £50m or less with great scouting. 

Agreed, the relaxing of FFP means they can do it easier as well, even though I'm sure they still could have gotten around that. 

15 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

This is before they spunked another net 90m in the summerp, gave grealish a massive new contract and will be lucky to finish Top 10.

They're minted though. Should've gone down last season but had miraculous moments like the Sheffield United "broken var" incident.

• 3 weeks later...

What is the story with Everton? Sorry, think I have asked before, but they £400+m of debt, about to start a new stadium, is this the FFP relaxation helping them out?