Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Man Utd - Post-Match Thread

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

By the way does anyone know at what timestamp in the game Nacho pulled off that Mahrez-esque control? I want to make a GIF for it!

That was the setup for Vardy's missed chance, wasn't it? If so, around the 58 minute mark according to the match live text on google.

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

By the way does anyone know at what timestamp in the game Nacho pulled off that Mahrez-esque control? I want to make a GIF for it!

Not long after the Tielemans goal and before the quadruple substitution (because he set up Vardy for his attempt that I was so gutted about - I thought that could have sealed it and next thing they bring on the cavalry). That should narrow it a bit, but I don’t know the exact time. 

6 hours ago, SO1 said:

Thank you. The word I think of is "instinctual" as they don't need the time to think about it. Still don't think our Tempo has hit top speed yet and believe we have more gears to go. Watching some of our one touch moves sometimes feels more like telepathy than football. So nice to see Rodgers at a club with so many players physically and mentally capable of playing this way.

This is one aspect I think is overlooked when judging some of our players. Perez for example.

He’s a good player but is clearly below the standard of some of our other players (not a slight on Perez at all). I have no doubt Rodgers (or the club) wanted to sign him because he can play in a way that suits the overall tactics of our play. Intelligence is one trait that is extremely difficult to coach, if at all. 

Playing in his favoured position he’s thriving. Playing his natural game rather than having to play in a position he’s been coached in.

47 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

From @UpTheLeagueFox on twitter, but brilliant to see the passes rack up for the goal.

Still laugh that I hear pundits describe us as a solely counter attacking team. We have the ability to absolutely pass teams to pieces, and do so. 

If this was Man City, Barca etc we'd be seeing the goal idolised as "The Pep style 😍🔥" or some crap. 

Unbelievable the lengths they go to to big up the statis quo/Big money clubs. Says more about them than it does about us.                                                                        Bet that Giardiola is taking us seriously seeing that move. The league isn't done just yet especially if we beat them.

Edited by SO1

2 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Unbelievable the lengths they go to to big up the statis quo/Big money clubs. Says more about them than it does about us.                                                                        Bet that Giardiola is taking us seriously seeing that move. The league isn't done just yet especially if we beat them.

Aye I'm sure he's beside himself with panic... :D

image.thumb.png.bffd838d3d079dbec166c3cd891445ca.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

From @UpTheLeagueFox on twitter, but brilliant to see the passes rack up for the goal.

Still laugh that I hear pundits describe us as a solely counter attacking team. We have the ability to absolutely pass teams to pieces, and do so. 

If this was Man City, Barca etc we'd be seeing the goal idolised as "The Pep style 😍🔥" or some crap. 

Yeah pretty sure Merson will say before the Man City game, Leicester aren't a possesion team they hit you on the counter.

54 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

Yeah pretty sure Merson will say before the Man City game, Leicester aren't a possesion team they hit you on the counter.

Michael Owen and Tim Sherwood still call us a counter attacking team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Every outfield player touched the ball except for Vardy. Would have been nice if he had the final touch.

14 hours ago, honeybradger said:

It ended up working out in this clip but i wish castagne was able to offer on the left what he offers on the right. In this clip alone you can see he really doesnt look comfortable attacking down that side and is easily forced to pass backwards, recycling the ball is fine but he rarely tries the alternative of making something happen, which is frustrating as we've all seen what he's capable of on his favoured side.

...totally different mindset on the right....!!!

2 hours ago, car1os said:

Well, these motivational methods didn’t work on Sunday did they? 😆 More cr@p on the Sky Sports website I see...

69F78665-4016-4059-85C4-3579C9C7F542.jpeg

I think he means personally. Mourinho called him fat and lazy publicly. Mourinho even said Shaw played well 1 game because Mourinho kept giving him instructions, as Shaw doesn't have the football brain to play in a Jose team.

The recap what elite former players come pundits are saying about the weekend game: Nothing to do with Leicester City apparently BUT

Brendan should move to Spurs, or if he is lucky Manchester United.

Tielemans needs to move to Manchester United

Ndidi needs to move to Manchester United or Manchester City.

Maybe we should just rebrand the club to Manchester United and have Maguire back, then maybe not.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Here is the full move for our second goal in GIF form. I love this goal! This is what a top coach brings to a team... look at the way we build the ball from the back through most of our team. We transition the ball from side to side to drag United's deep block around. Then we go back to make their midfielders and forwards push up to exploit the space in behind them. Finally if you are a believer in Vardyism, you see the messiah quite literally part the red sea with a great off the ball run to allow Youri the time and space to drive into the gap and slot home.

Man United were awful in this move, but this is fabulous football. Hard to believe we have a team that plays this way and we can do this to Man United and make them look like a pub team.

giphy.gif

When I said I was happy to trade a 1 man maverick for a 30 pass move in your tactics thread, this is the perfect example of what I meant. Though it's sad to think of on a day of Worthington's passing, we are now much more than the sum of its parts as a team. Love it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...totally different mindset on the right....!!!

I agree, and kept wishing during the game that Thomas had been preferred.  I think we lacked what he could have brought with his attacking contribution and accurate crossing, but I can see why Castagne was preferred - his greater experience in such a testing match.