Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Man Utd - Post-Match Thread

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Watching it back now and the difference in coaching is clear to see. Man United just play free form football, never quite sure what positions to pick up. Would love to see the heat maps of their midfield players. Whereas we looked so well organised and disciplined. 

Absolutely - I wonder how involved their 'peripheral' players are in tactical discussions. One gets the impression that all our players know their roies at any given time.

43 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Watching it back now and the difference in coaching is clear to see. Man United just play free form football, never quite sure what positions to pick up. Would love to see the heat maps of their midfield players. Whereas we looked so well organised and disciplined. 

Whenever I watch Man U there seems to be no discernible pattern to their play. They just rely on random bits of magic from a couple of individuals. Often that is enough as they do have some excellent individuals but ultimately you can't get sustained success playing that way in my view.

Edited by Sunbury Fox

I think our best 11 is probably better than Utd's to be honest. They just have a world class talent in Fernandes which is why we're in a similar league position. You take him out that team and they don't get top 4. Staggering wastes of funds over the years.

• Like 1

With everyone fit and on-form, they'd seriously give the likes of Barcelona and PSG a firm test.

There's no roof to the potential of the squad, barring a couple that need to go - such as Matty James and Wes Morgan.

18 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

With everyone fit and on-form, they'd seriously give the likes of Barcelona and PSG a firm test.

There's no roof to the potential of the squad, barring a couple that need to go - such as Matty James and Wes Morgan.

For some reason I genuinely believe that Matthew James will have a great career as a coach or maybe even a manager.

Without his injuries I believe he would have been a great player, not on the same level as Teilemans, but still would have been good for us. 

Trouble is that he's made out of glass. But there has to be a reason that every manager we've had since he's been at the club has always spoken very highly of him and had him around the match day squad when he's been available, up until recently now we almost have an embarrassment of riches in that area. 

If he was a little older it wouldn't surprise me if we kept him around purely to fill a coaching role in a year or 2, but at 29 he'll probably be offloaded and hopefully he'll have a good few years of playing time in him.

Morgan will probably be kept on for that reason too

Getting some stick from Mrs FFF.

All day yesterday I was predicting VAR would screw us over somehow with a dodgy pen decision for them

VAR wasn't even called upon once iirc, no offsides,  handballs, nothing.

I wonder if there are any statistics that show how many matches VAR isn't used at all?

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

11 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

I still hate the back 5. lol  But to the extent it can work, it can work because Fofana has tremendous burst out of the back and is willing to venture forward enough to draw defenders to him.  That and Evans' ability to pick a long through ball and Cags comfort level on the ball.  It looked far better today than it has before, with full credit to a great performance by our three CDs.

A great team performance, but I still like us better with a back four and Ricardo/Timmy in their proper positions.  Not much else to nitpick really - I think Praet offers more than Perez on the whole (he won the free kick that led to the goal) and Vardy's touch is still absent, but it was arguably the best team performance of the year.  Vardy's presence absolutely impacts the game even when he can't hit the broadside of a barn, so two strikers absolutely has to continue.

Ahh.   > NitpickDeeg67 <  is now > nitpickDeeg2021 <...

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

What's hilarious about this Man U. discussion is that if you go by what's said here, all their players are terrible and Ole is the worst manager in the prem.  Meanwhile they're going to the CL two years running and probably finishing second this year.  Either you believe tin-hat conspiracy theories about the fix being in or acknowledge that at least one of those things isn't true.  Either they have a good squad or Ole is a decent manager, or it's some combination of the two.  I mean, doesn't it feel better to beat them knowing they're good, rather than pretending they suck?

And Man U played 28 away-games without loosing before the played yesterday. Pretty decent side, I think, and WE BEAT THEM 

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Only downside from yesterday's great performance from from Leicester is that looking at Man U's RedCafe forum they want to sign Ndidi, Tielemans and Fofana

Saving grace is that I doubt Woodward wants his britches pulling down again lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Getting some stick from Mrs FFF.

All day yesterday I was predicting VAR would screw us over somehow with a dodgy pen decision for them

VAR wasn't even called upon once iirc, no offsides,  handballs, nothing.

I wonder if there are any statistics that show how many matches VAR isn't used at all?

Interesting point...

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

For some reason I genuinely believe that Matthew James will have a great career as a coach or maybe even a manager.

Without his injuries I believe he would have been a great player, not on the same level as Teilemans, but still would have been good for us. 

Trouble is that he's made out of glass. But there has to be a reason that every manager we've had since he's been at the club has always spoken very highly of him and had him around the match day squad when he's been available, up until recently now we almost have an embarrassment of riches in that area. 

If he was a little older it wouldn't surprise me if we kept him around purely to fill a coaching role in a year or 2, but at 29 he'll probably be offloaded and hopefully he'll have a good few years of playing time in him.

Morgan will probably be kept on for that reason too

I very much doubt we can afford to keep people 'on' based purely upon on sentimental grounds.  Both James and Morgan must be let go. Funds are much tighter these days and we need to get some important contracts sorted out.   

12 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Only downside from yesterday's great performance from from Leicester is that looking at Man U's RedCafe forum they want to sign Ndidi, Tielemans and Fofana

Haaland,Sancho and Grealish as well! they've obviously missed all the noises coming out the club that they won't be spending big again this summer and the new appointments  in their football structure look to be geared towards signing and bringing through youth players. 

• Like 1