Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Man Utd - Post-Match Thread

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Lol as with any forum some total bell ends and some sensible fans

20210321_203340.jpg

20210321_203356.jpg

20210321_203513.jpg

20210321_203555.jpg

20210321_203626.jpg

definatley a few bellends on there, but I always find RedCafe to be a bit more balanced and insightful than some of the others (Fighting Cocks, RAWK for example)

13 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

The lack of pace from them in the wide positions certainly helped. Compare the two teams yesterday and I'd only take Pogba into ours instead of Perez. That is mad considering our injuries, and I'm not sure I'd take any of their 'first choice' either. 

I used to rate Pogba but now I wouldn’t go near him. He’s so bloody slow!

He’ll pick a nice pass and will then watch what he’s done for the next couple of minutes, whilst slowly ambling about.

Watch him when he next plays.. it’s really apparent 

Getting rather excited by this team, the new formation, and Vardy’s new role. Looks so well balanced and classy. Just brushed them aside effortlessly really. If we can keep the squad together, even if we can’t buy anyone else, I think we could compete for CL for a while to come.

Imagine this team, and still having Pereira, JJ, Barnes & Maddison ON THE BENCH! :wub:

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I used to rate Pogba but now I wouldn’t go near him. He’s so bloody slow!

He’ll pick a nice pass and will then watch what he’s done for the next couple of minutes, whilst slowly ambling about.

Watch him when he next plays.. it’s really apparent 

Agree with this! He's probably one of the most over rated players in the league. Gives you 1 good game in about 10. He's all hype because of the attitude and self belief. 

13 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

All the doom-mongers are running out of things to worry about now...

So proud, incredibly proud of them all.

These pricks simply go to ground until the next bad performance or loss. I know precisely who they are and I guess if nothing else, it's amusing. 

And don't get me started on that three at the ba....:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Fernandes would walk into any 11 in the league, much less ours. You can slag him off all you want for his personality and antics, but he's a fantastic player.

He is World class. Apparently pleaded with Brendan after the game to bring him to the KP and he would be prepared to take a substantial wage cut .

Maybe we should take a punt in the summer.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

can he get Gary Neville sacked while hes at it pls. thanks.

Gary Neville was dissapointed and saddened by the loss, he was convinced it would be a walk in the park due to their away form and historical results.

Edited by Dorkingfox
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

He is World class. Apparently pleaded with Brendan after the game to bring him to the KP and he would be prepared to take a substantial wage cut .

Maybe we should take a punt in the summer.

Would that it were true, LOL.

• Like 1

What's hilarious about this Man U. discussion is that if you go by what's said here, all their players are terrible and Ole is the worst manager in the prem.  Meanwhile they're going to the CL two years running and probably finishing second this year.  Either you believe tin-hat conspiracy theories about the fix being in or acknowledge that at least one of those things isn't true.  Either they have a good squad or Ole is a decent manager, or it's some combination of the two.  I mean, doesn't it feel better to beat them knowing they're good, rather than pretending they suck?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Castagne and Albrighton were wingbacks not full backs.

Fofana and Soyuncu rampaged forward at various times to good effect.

Evans stayed home in a back one.

When playing a 4 5 1 against Manchester United in an FA Cup semi final you'd expect the 1 to be your lone striker. Just shows how dominant we were that on this occasion it was inverted and our 1 was to be Evans at the back. I know it wasn't all match but the fact it was any of it is hilarious 🤣 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

What's hilarious about this Man U. discussion is that if you go by what's said here, all their players are terrible and Ole is the worst manager in the prem.  Meanwhile they're going to the CL two years running and probably finishing second this year.  Either you believe tin-hat conspiracy theories about the fix being in or acknowledge that at least one of those things isn't true.  Either they have a good squad or Ole is a decent manager, or it's some combination of the two.  I mean, doesn't it feel better to beat them knowing they're good, rather than pretending they suck?

The issue is the fans know they are under performing. A number of players aren't good enough but they seem to keep getting results despite Ole and not because of him. The football is pretty uninspiring, but they have a couple of players that are absolute game winners.

Cavani has been a good bit of business and Fernandes is a world class player who drags other players up with him. Without those 2 and Rashford that leaves Pogba and Martial who are very good when they turn up but are passengers the majority of the time. I think United fans know they are papering over cracks at the moment. Every time it looks like Ole's got to go they go on a great run, but if you have ambitions of being a major force in European football the manager and a lot of the players at United fall short. Despite that they are still second.

11 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Its true, its always better to reflect on giving a quality team a spanking (This is what that was) than a cack team, but you are overlooking the football fans innate need to wallow in excessive levels of schadenfraude following a victory

My birthday tomorrow where I will be 46. What a great early present to see my team get to the FA cup semi finals for the first time since I was 7. What a performance from the boys. 

My brother in law is a Leicester based Manc fan and he said we were by far the better team. 

Just hope this semi ends a lot differently to the last one. I remember listening to it on the radio. Was absolutely gutting when I cheered Ian Wilson scoring then realising it was in the wrong net lol. Wasn't to bright back then. 

2 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Redcafe a good read, they lost away for first time in ages and that was enough for Ole out posts. O_o

Such a significant one with us stopping what was such an impressive run. It will be interesting to see how they get on in their away games for the rest of the season - look at what has happened to Liverpool since losing at home for the first time in months. 

• Like 1

Was completely nervous about the game until the teams were released.

Knew we'd walk all over their midfield and didn't have anything to worry about up front with no real wingers and Martial. Also knew Lindelof and Maguire would fall over themselves to give us chances and they didn't disappoint. 

40 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Its true, its always better to reflect on giving a quality team a spanking (This is what that was) than a cack team, but you are overlooking the football fans innate need to wallow in excessive levels of schadenfraude following a victory

True, but it seems more pronounced with Man U. somehow.  Which is understandable I suppose given how many titles they've won.

I actually think Ole is a decent manager in a no-win situation.  Not great or anything, but he's actually done pretty well under the circumstances.  Their squad is very good but not Man City good.  There are certainly "big six" managers who've gotten a lot less out of their players since Ole has been in charge.

Watching it back now and the difference in coaching is clear to see. Man United just play free form football, never quite sure what positions to pick up. Would love to see the heat maps of their midfield players. Whereas we looked so well organised and disciplined. 

• Like 1