Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 3-1 Man Utd - Post-Match Thread

Just now, Lookatthebluesky said:

... and another

Tonight flattered Leicester a bit, I'm not convinced they did enough to score a goal let alone three, but I suppose they edged it”

What game were they watching? If Vards had his shooting boots on, it could have been 5 or 6. We were in a different league to United today

Sounds like Rodri. Apparently we didn't come to play yet put 5 past them lol

• Like 1

Holy cow we’re we impressive or what?

was way too emotional and a bag of nerves during the game to comment but can finally release all those emotions now.

Everyone put in a shift today and played out of their skins. Sure manu shot themselves in the foot with some suicidal defending but we put them under pressure to force that. The pressing, intercepting, movement, passing and finishing was top class today. Nachos is unstoppable at the moment. The only sad part is Vardy couldn’t score even when he was one on one. It’s just not happening for him but he’s still giving his all for team in other ways.

We can beat Southampton and then on the big day whether it’s Chelski or city we can beat them too.  COYF! :scarf::clap:

• Like 1

I still hate the back 5. lol  But to the extent it can work, it can work because Fofana has tremendous burst out of the back and is willing to venture forward enough to draw defenders to him.  That and Evans' ability to pick a long through ball and Cags comfort level on the ball.  It looked far better today than it has before, with full credit to a great performance by our three CDs.

A great team performance, but I still like us better with a back four and Ricardo/Timmy in their proper positions.  Not much else to nitpick really - I think Praet offers more than Perez on the whole (he won the free kick that led to the goal) and Vardy's touch is still absent, but it was arguably the best team performance of the year.  Vardy's presence absolutely impacts the game even when he can't hit the broadside of a barn, so two strikers absolutely has to continue.

3 hours ago, Shamomoa said:

Just been looking at the impact Iheanacho has made recently and its insane. I actually love the guy, his goals, his interviews, his Impact in general is massive. Long may it continue, hopefully his impact will have a massive effect on how we finish the season. Ive been massively wrong about him i admit. Let's hope he keeps it up! 🦊🦊 let's do it!!! Why can't we win the fa cup and get top 4! Up the foxes! Always a blue!! 

You could argue that he's saved the season because things looked really bleak in terms of goal scoring after Barnes went down.  May his run continue...

• Like 2

When you think about the fact United have spent over a billion to get where they are now since fergie and we had Ndidi and Tielemans up against Mctominay and Fred, and our centre backs vs theirs. Its staggering. 

Their distasteful way of throwing money at it and hoping eventually they'll get it right is everything that's wrong with football. The way we do it is what everyone wants to see. We are so lucky to have this era. But we deserve it after the utter shit we've endured through the years.

4 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's not a back 5 though is it.

It's not like a Grayson-Coatsworth-Carey-Willis-Gibson backs to the wall back 5.

People need to be less fixated with the positional numbers (532,352,3412,442 etc) and focus on how the selected players fulfil their actual roles.

Hope there's no criticism meant there for Lord Coatsworth. Cafu of the Midlands!

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, fazzyfox said:

Oh if only Utd had the finances to build a deep squad to cope with such a run of fixtures, I completely understand their frustrations bless them

This just proves what a fantastic job everyone at this club is doing, from the squad, to the manager, to the scouts, to the backroom staff etc.

I've been reading the United forums, calls for them to sign more players, get a younger striker to rotate with Rashford, sign a better world class winger, sign another CB and sign a class CDM so Matic can leave, all this after they've spent hundreds of millions in the past few years, and we're still up there with them competing.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It's not a back 5 though is it.

It's not like a Grayson-Coatsworth-Carey-Willis-Gibson backs to the wall back 5.

People need to be less fixated with the positional numbers (532,352,3412,442 etc) and focus on how the selected players fulfil their actual roles.

It’s a five, no point in pretending otherwise.  It just looks a lot better with these three defenders in the middle of it and no Amartey (no disrespect intended).

28 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It really isn't a back 5 - and it certainly wasn't. back 5 today or last week - but if you think it's a back 5 and see it as a back 5 that's up to you.

Agreed. I've said before with how fluid and flexible we are that it's more like a rear 7 for us. It can go from 5-2 to 4-3 to 3-4 in the blink of an eye. Pretty sure in the game we had a back 1 or 2 of just Evans or Evans and 1 of Soyuncu or Fofana, depending on who's pushed up and the others shift across accordingly.

Calling it a back 5 negates how much running up and down the line that Albrighton and Castagne do to join the attack as well.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

It’s a five, no point in pretending otherwise.  It just looks a lot better with these three defenders in the middle of it and no Amartey (no disrespect intended).

It’s definitely not. RWB and LWB sit higher than the level of the back 3, and yes, Wes likes to go for a wander higher too. lol