Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

World class

Pre ACL Ricardo was worldclass. When Ndidi and Tielemans are on form they are world class.

Barnes and Fofana have potential to be world class.

I think Maddison is, and will continue to be an excellent footballer, champions league standard but possibly not world class?

Castagne and Soyuncu are good/ very good. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I follow the logic of @Muzzy_Larsson

GK - Oblak, Allison, Ter Stegen

CB - Van Dijk, Koulibaly, Varane

RB - Pavard, TAA, Ricardo

LB - Alba, Davies, Mendy

CDM - Kimmich, Casemiro, Kante

CM - KDB, De Jong, Fernandes

LM - Sterling, Coman, Neymar

RM - Sancho, Salah, Mahrez

FW - Lewandowski, Mbappe, Haaland

I’ve deliberately left of Messi / Ronaldo as they could drop into multiple boxes, however you get the point. Ricardo at his best last season, was world class. 

Edited by Sly

12 minutes ago, Sly said:

LB - Alba, Davies, Mendy

I’ve deliberately left of Messi / Ronaldo as they could drop into multiple boxes, however you get the point. Ricardo at his best last season, was world class. 

Benjamin Mendy has done well to make that list 😂 I agree about Ricardo though

Edited by Kierzz
Hit enter too early

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

4 hours ago, Col city fan said:

This is where I’m coming from

THIS YEAR, pretty much no-one would pick either Salah or Aguero to go into a World 11 side.

So they aren’t ‘world class’ at present.

Have they been ‘world class’? Yes of course they have in the past.

The other way to look at it is are ‘world class’ players the best there have ever been? Eg Messi, Ronaldo, Pele etc 

I look at it contemporaneously personally. 
Messi would still get into a ‘best team in the World’ but would Ronaldo now? Probably I guess.

Well played :)

And I agree in the main as well. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Casimero is not better than Ndidi, he shits all over him. Real Madrid are pony as well in the last few seasons. I'll grant you Bayern have been a beast of a team.

Modric and Kroos massively on the decline and are part of Real's problems. 

Ndidi and Tielemans are in the top 3 best in the world in their position.

34 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Goretzka and Casimero??

I love YT and WN, but they have still yet to convince at EL level and we will find out about CL level hopefully next season.

I don't think you can say they are in the nest 3 in the world until they have done it a the high level. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I wouldn’t say ‘maybe Mahrez’ personally

Mahrez is an absolutely exceptional footballer

Depends how far you want to go back  surely Arthur Rowley and Chandler  ahead of Lineker  and the number of people who say Vardy is Leicesters  best ever player remarkable  but true  suggests age colours all selections

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sly said:

LB - Alba, Davies, Mendy

You think Kante is better than Ndidi? 

There's more than 1 type of central midfielder so it's difficult to just split them into 'CDM' & 'CM'.

This season, in the 'Kante role' - one of the top 3 players in world football has been Ndidi. 

In the 'Kroos' role or the hybrid between 6 & 8 - Tielemans has been (In my opinion) the best in world football. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OhYesNdidi said:

Pre ACL Ricardo was worldclass. When Ndidi and Tielemans are on form they are world class.

Barnes and Fofana have potential to be world class.

I think Maddison is, and will continue to be an excellent footballer, champions league standard but possibly not world class?

Castagne and Soyuncu are good/ very good. 

World class, best in the world, whatever you want to call it.

He had a run of about 20 games in 2019 that was absolutely insane. Not necessarily from a G/A perspective, but he was our best player defensively & offensively 9 times out of 10. Joke. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

You think Kante is better than Ndidi? 

The Kante that played against Athletico last week, best in the world at that position. Injuries have hurt him during the past 12 - 18 months, however he’s still phenomenal. 

• Like 2

I haven’t read all 5 pages so far, but there aren’t many better group of centre backs in the league than Evans, Fofana, Soyuncu, JJ and Big Dan. And our full backs are decent as well!

Soyuncu and Fofana could go and play for anyone - they are that good and will get better.

If we can keep this side together and develop it further... exciting times.

• Like 1

I think it is easier for me to look at who is capable of world class performances, because world class means different things to different people.

15/16 Kasper, Kante, Mahrez, Vardy

20/21 Kasper, Wilf, Youri, Vards. Ricky would be in if he was fully fit.

Edited by Vardinio'sCat
sp

Personally I think Ndidi and (fit) Ricardo get in the world class bracket, Fofana is in the U21s, Tielemans not there yet, but it’s a position that blossoms later and he could do it.

People putting Neymar in the World XI can get in the bin. He’s box office, but toxic. I’d rather have Demarai...

20 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

World class, best in the world, whatever you want to call it.

He had a run of about 20 games in 2019 that was absolutely insane. Not necessarily from a G/A perspective, but he was our best player defensively & offensively 9 times out of 10. Joke. 

Agree - I meant top 1/2 players in his position in the world

A player can be world class without actually achieving anything on the world/champions league stage. Anyone who saw Frankley Worthington (rip) play in his heyday would have said he was world class yet he hardly got any caps as he was seen as a maverick by the England set up. Le tissier was another who arguably fell into that bracket.

It is so subjective and depends on what yardstick is used but medals etc are only a small part of it.

For me Lineker was definately world class, Kante, and Ndidi too. At his height JV, like Wortho was the best in the business but didn't fit the England template. 

Form is temporary class will always shine through whether appreciated by others or not.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/03/2021 at 14:47, Ric Flair said:

Casimero is not better than Ndidi, he shits all over him. Real Madrid are pony as well in the last few seasons. I'll grant you Bayern have been a beast of a team.

Modric and Kroos massively on the decline and are part of Real's problems. 

Ndidi and Tielemans are in the top 3 best in the world in their position.

So after watching Modric and Kroos against Liverpool, you still think Ndidi and Tielemans are on their level?

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So after watching Modric and Kroos against Liverpool, you still think Ndidi and Tielemans are on their level?

Huge combined Age difference, so our pair have time to step up.

On 22/03/2021 at 15:37, ARM1968 said:

Wouldn’t swap Ndidi for Kante that’s for sure. 

How about Kante when he played for us vs Ndidi now? Whatever has happened at Chelsea he's nowhere near who he was when he played for us imo. They've pushed him forward and into a more attacking player, which seems like madness to me even if he has scored a few goals. He was the best in the world at what he did, changing that is akin to pushing Messi back and asking him to take a more defensive role. 

29 minutes ago, Hoopla10 said:

How about Kante when he played for us vs Ndidi now? Whatever has happened at Chelsea he's nowhere near who he was when he played for us imo. They've pushed him forward and into a more attacking player, which seems like madness to me even if he has scored a few goals. He was the best in the world at what he did, changing that is akin to pushing Messi back and asking him to take a more defensive role. 

Agree, He is not a glamour player, he will never score screamers.

He's just an elite ball winning DM - Among the best in the world.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes I do 100%

Real Madrid aren't even that good these days, average just over 2 points a game compared to our 1.9 a game in an inferior league. They beat Liverpool 3-1 at home, we beat Liverpool 3-1 at home. NEXT

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes I do 100%

Real Madrid aren't even that good these days, average just over 2 points a game compared to our 1.9 a game in an inferior league. They beat Liverpool 3-1 at home, we beat Liverpool 3-1 at home. NEXT

Our 3-1 and there 3-1 one are totally different chalk and cheese, Liverpool dominated us for 70 minutes and then collapsed. 

I think that are next obstacle to becoming a better side, being able to look after the ball better against the likes of Liverpool and Man City. 

I still think RM would beat us 7-8 times out of 10.