Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England's FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Euro Qualifiers.

9 hours ago, Nalis said:

I know Maguire gets loads of stick on here but him and Stones are the two best English CBs. They both started last night and they're both ball playing centre backs.  Not sure England can expect much more in that area with the players available to be fair.

I haven't got a problem with the CBs really it's the 2 holding midfielders against crap sides I have a problem with they are such negative tactics. Against stronger sides you could understand it but all the teams in England's group are there for the taking if you ask me. We've got some excellent forwards and  decent young English talent in the squad and i think a decent manager would do a better job. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I used to be like that, then just decided to stop watching them unless it's a tournament game. I find myself getting much less annoyed and it's much better all round :D

I'll watch us under a manager that plays entertaining football but there's not point watching us play crap teams and limp to a victory playing walking football. Nobody can enjoy that.

I think I will adopt this tactic. I hate watching England at the moment. I'll stick to watching teams with our players in them in the internationals until England are in a tournament. 

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Tickets for Hungary at home on sale on Wednesday. I genuinely don't how any free weekends now I'm doing Leicester & England, it's mental lol

Will be a tough game, they looked good at the Euros even without Dom Szoboszlai.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, AjcW said:

I see the U21’s have solved the issue of entrusting a golden generation of attacking talent to Aidy Boothroyd by bringing in… *checks notes*… Lee Carsley, Ashley Cole and Jolson Lescott 

Would it have been a big enough job for Eddie Howe?

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Will be an interesting test later in Budapest.

Possibly around 60,000 home fans.

I agree. Plenty will think we should roll Hungary over, I'm sure, but they've started the group well and will be confident at home. I really don't often watch England qualifiers anymore, but I'm quite excited at the prospect of this one.

So, probably 0-0 then.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I agree. Plenty will think we should roll Hungary over, I'm sure, but they've started the group well and will be confident at home. I really don't often watch England qualifiers anymore, but I'm quite excited at the prospect of this one.

So, probably 0-0 then.

There was a Time where Hungary,Rumania were  seen WWide,  as the most difficult sides/countries to go Away to.

If looks like they are slowly hitting those levels again....

38 minutes ago, filbertway said:

I look forward to the players taking a knee in the fight against discrimination before they play in a game to qualify for a tournament being hosted by a country with an impeccable human rights record

Smoke & mirrors....Most countries around those regions, Wear  the same sign & labels...Then there are their neighbours, Slipping into the deeper African-continent,go on a world cruise...Venezuela & "Dont cry vor me"  Land of lost hope...

we aint brilliant ourselves, if we sit the wrong Side of the divide...Then Selling weapons gives you the Way to the ultimate-solution.

Hypocrosy is a Cozy bed mate...

2 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

There was a Time where Hungary,Rumania were  seen WWide,  as the most difficult sides/countries to go Away to.

If looks like they are slowly hitting those levels again....

I'm old enough to remember them both being a bit of a handful. Phil Neville must see a Romania top in his nightmares sometimes. Worst thing is, all England fans saw that coming a split second before Neville actually scythed down Moldovan. It was like it happened in slow motion lol Sore at the time, but funny to look back at now. 

England used to have problems with many of the European sides away from home in the 80's and 90's, unless I'm misremembering. It's a shame football isn't quite so competitive at international level these days. That said, France drawing at home to Boznia and Kazahkstan holding Ukraine last night still suggests the smaller nations (in footballing terms) are still happy to bloody a few noses. Ultimately, the seedings these days seem to allow for less occasions like Poland knocking out England in qualifying in the 70's and greatly favours the biggest nations. I do think Hungary may well cause England problems tonight. They'll be top of the group if they win.

I'm betting the 'magnificent Magyars' will be mentioned a few times by the commentary team tonight. Little before my time though.

2 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

It shouldn't be a 'test'....

But it will end up being one, because we have a manager who is in charge of a football team, for non-footballing reasons.

I think it's pretty dismissive to say it shouldn't be a test, but we all have our own opinions :thumbup:

I don't think we've any right to beat Hungary away from home though, we'll have to earn it and, I imagine, we'll have to play reasonably well to get it. Not sure an average performance will return 3 points.

I'm not a massive Southgate fan, but, whether you believe he's had fortunate draws or not, he's done semi final, final in the last two, he's going nowhere.

Many disagree, but I think Grealish should have started in the Euros, it's seems typical of Southgate to start him tonight, now he's with Man City. He may have been shite if he'd started, no guarantees of anything, but we were screaming out for some creativity then.

6 minutes ago, Duquesne Whistle said:

I think it's pretty dismissive to say it shouldn't be a test, but we all have our own opinions :thumbup:

I don't think we've any right to beat Hungary away from home though, we'll have to earn it and, I imagine, we'll have to play reasonably well to get it. Not sure an average performance will return 3 points.

I'm not a massive Southgate fan, but, whether you believe he's had fortunate draws or not, he's done semi final, final in the last two, he's going nowhere.

Many disagree, but I think Grealish should have started in the Euros, it's seems typical of Southgate to start him tonight, now he's with Man City. He may have been shite if he'd started, no guarantees of anything, but we were screaming out for some creativity then.

4th ranked team vs 37th ranked team....

A side looking to win a major tournament, should consider anything but a comfortable win tonight, a terrible result.

Even Wales are ranked comfortably a better side, and they're a side full of championship/league one players.