Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

England's FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Euro Qualifiers.

1 minute ago, SuperMike said:

Foden off - he's been nowt but a passenger. Hope he offers to return his cap. Embarrassing. No contribution at all.

Agreed, I really don't get the hype, one footed, powderpuff and plays on the fringes of games. He does have an excellent first touch and control will give him that.

• Like 1

Just now, trabuch said:

No. Just bored of watching an uninspired England lead by an uninspirational manager.

I get being detached, I haven't watched tonight - and I can't recall the last non-tournament match I did. But you've tuned in, you're clearly a fan, your side has scored late on, and you're not in the slightest bit happy? Give over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder how bad it has to get for Southgate to be binned. It'll solely be on results and not performances so qualifying for Qatar will see him stay for at least another few years. Just horrible.

The only way Southgate will get the chop is if he fail to get out of the group in the euro's. Otherwise we're stuck with him for the long run. 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I wonder how bad it has to get for Southgate to be binned. It'll solely be on results and not performances so qualifying for Qatar will see him stay for at least another few years. Just horrible.

Qualification isn’t an achievement, so anything but a semi final this summer he should go. Certainly need some big results from him. 

I know Southgate is a pragmatic manager, to put it politely, but the lack of a genuine destroyer in front of a shaky back 4 means I half understand why he feels the need to play that extra deep lying midfielder, even though we lack genuinely good players in that area.

1 minute ago, yorkie1999 said:

World class. A dodgy peno and a set piece from a corner. We’re gonna set the world on fire this time.

It’s qualifying, the result is all that mattered - Spain needed a last minute winner against Georgia, Germany have lost to North Macedonia, France drew at home to Ukraine.

I think people do over react with England. It’s no where near as bad as people like to make out it is.

Not saying it’s perfect and if I were in Southgates shoes there is a few changes I would like to make, however, we are 3 from 3 in World Cup qualifying, having made the semis of the last World Cup.

• Like 1