Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

Nobody will break away, it'll just force through the shitty revamp of the Champions League.

But yet again, after the Project Big Picture nonsense, we've had the game threatened with being ripped up and certain teams wanting power because they can't get exactly what they want all the time.

Time for the serious journalists and media outlets just go for them.

Man United have spent years carefully collecting a billion pound Crystal Palace tribute band, once the Euro Super League starts they can finally complete their tribute project, and assume a Palace-like permanent home in the bottom third of the league, whilst investing their record revenues into on the fly CG animation and premature aging techniques in an attempt to morph their chosen special manager (complete with relegation of Cardiff on his impressive CV) into an exact physical likeness of their hero, Roy Hodgson. A truly bold strategy, let's see how it pays off.

31 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Ordinarily I don't much like Burnley, but I really, really want them to win this game just now, as you can imagine the headlines about so called Super league would write themselves.

I was just thinking this myself.

So we've got:

Everton 2-2 Tottenham.

Chelsea 1-0 Man City (Who might or might not be involved in all this).

Chelsea 1-0 Man City.

Arsenal 1-1 Fulham (with a 97th equaliser)

Man Utd 3-1 Burnley (which massively flatters Man Utd may I add)

Liverpool v Leeds (Tommorrow)

Elsewhere:

PSG 3-2 St Ettiene (with a 95th minute winner)

Atalanta 1-0 Juventus

Alot of the other teams involved due to play tonight.

Super.

Edited by Matt

24 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

That’s what I’d hope, but I don’t think that’ll happen sadly. 

It can happen. 

It just needs a social media backlash. Along the #metoo lines. The German fans will defo boycott any TV provider. They are very egalitarian by nature. French  hopefully keep anti establishment by nature. 

Just needs the rest of Europe to follow and make the thing toxic. A basic #dontsubscribe campaign to boycott any broadcaster that wins the rights.

We are a bunch of pussies in the UK, we're more interested in the pub, so doubt we will have the brains/tactical nouse/unity to organise any sort of meaningful protest. The best we can hope is that Germany, Italy & France do it for us. lol

In all seriousness though I will be fully onboard with any action. We as fans need to come down as hard as we possible can on these ****ers because you can bet that even if they don't get what they want this time they will keep chipping away and eroding the resistance until they do.

38 minutes ago, Sly said:

So let me get this right, it’s a European League, that they’d be competing in, rather than the UCL / Europa. 

UEFA / FIFA have already said that they’d ban all players from playing in domestic and international tournaments. 

Therefore they’d need to leave the Premier League, or UEFA may lean on the Premier League if they were to not oppose this. 

I suppose what it comes down to, is that financially it’ll have an impact on all clubs. 

The Premier League will lose revenue by losing them. 

I’m not sure a 20 team closed shop Super League is actually that interesting in the long run. With nothing to lose if you can’t get relegated and nothing to play for if you’re mid table. It will just becomes half arsed and all a bit boring after a while. I can’t see people subscribing to it long term. Man United Vs Juventus, would just become as watchable as Manchester United Vs Southampton after a while.

My thinking too, the "big" clubs that are used to winning, will be in a league that they won't win. Meaning they will be lower half will not be what they want, but if they are getting Mega money the owners won't care, if Leicester had done this I genuinely think I'd give up on them and go to Northampton (this is head speaking mind you). 

Don’t often agree with Neville, but he is spot. Deduct them all 12pts for being utter cvnts. Then 12pts from next season for still being cvnts. CVNTS!!!!

I mean is this not calling the game into disrepute?

Edited by ARM1968
  • Like 1