Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tielemans63

New Champions League format from 2024

Guest Bert Fill

If this is actually about the greediest clubs f***ing off, leaving their domestic leagues and starting their own ‘super’ league, then let them go. Good riddance to bad rubbish; everyone else would be better off without them.

If it’s actually about getting everyone to accept their new crap ‘champions’ league proposal, then f**k them.

To be honest I’m pretty much tempted to say ‘f**k the lot of you’ to ‘elite’ football anyway and start watching lower league/ non league stuff, maybe even grassroots. Somewhere where football still is football.

34 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It can happen. 

It just needs a social media backlash. Along the #metoo lines. The German fans will defo boycott any TV provider. They are very egalitarian by nature. French  hopefully keep anti establishment by nature. 

Just needs the rest of Europe to follow and make the thing toxic. A basic #dontsubscribe campaign to boycott any broadcaster that wins the rights.

Unfortunately I can't see the English fans being against this in any meaningful way. We're just too apathetic.

Just now, Bert Fill said:

If this is actually about the greediest clubs f***ing off, leaving their domestic leagues and starting their own ‘super’ league, then let them go. Good riddance to bad rubbish; everyone else would be better off without them.

If it’s actually about getting everyone to accept their new crap ‘champions’ league proposal, then f**k them.

To be honest I’m pretty much tempted to say ‘f**k the lot of you’ to ‘elite’ football anyway and start watching lower league/ non league stuff, maybe even grassroots. Somewhere where football still is football.

They are an absolute disgrace, scared of teams over taking them and taking places in the CL they think they should just be handed every season 

1 minute ago, 1994fox said:

Neville to lead the revolution! He's got me reaching for my pitchfork & flaming torch here!! Im ready to march on Manchester

Me too. He fired me right up! 

You could see he was getting really emotional too when he was talking about disowning the club he's loved for 40 years!

• Like 2

It’s the genuine fans of these clubs I feel sorry for.

I doubt these clubs even really want to breakaway, they’re probably using it as a bargaining chip to get the changes they want (eg a guaranteed champions league space regardless of performance). But I’m at a point now where I actually want them to go. The remaining 87 clubs (and beyond) will be poorer financially but healthier in other ways and we’d simply cut our new cloth accordingly. I really feel most genuine football fans would probably end up preferring it without the ‘favoured 6’ and the accompanying plastic. 

Edited by rn9013

Just now, rn9013 said:

It’s the genuine fans of these clubs I feel sorry for.

I doubt these clubs even really want to breakaways, they’re probably using it as a bargaining chip to get the changes they want (eg a guaranteed champions league space regardless of performance). But I’m at a point now where I actually want them to go. The remaining 87 clubs (and beyond) will be poorer financially but healthier in other ways and we’d simply cut our new cloth accordingly. I really feel most genuine football fans would probably end up preferring it without the ‘favoured 6’ and the accompanying plastic. 

Making any competition an exclusive club devalues that competition, if the CL starts gifting clubs places it becomes a joke 

2 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Making any competition an exclusive club devalues that competition, if the CL starts gifting clubs places it becomes a joke 

Completely agree. Sport is all about competing. Take the competition away like that and for me it’s not sport. 

Just now, Sharpe's Fox said:

Americans really do kill everything don't they? They have the reverse Midas touch, everything they touch turns to shit.

Looking forward to the new PL ‘hall of fame’ too. Another American invention :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Looking forward to the new PL ‘hall of fame’ too. Another American invention :thumbup:

Dazn are involved as well

their head is the former head of espn

see how this is unravelling

the americans who took oveer the arsenal united and liverpools had this crao planned all along.

• Like 1