Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

Let the club deal with it.

For a couple of weeks, it has been apparent that people are being more relaxed about following the rules.  We are coming out of lockdown come whether the science indicates we should or not.  With the variants, I fear we will soon  be Iin  trouble again. 

Footballers are at risk through playing all the time.  Soyuncu travelling to Turkey, Spain, Turkey again was ridiculous.

The players were out of order.  Rodgers made a statement.  Maddison seems to be the one getting the most flak while Barnes seems to be conveniently ignored.  In my opinion, Morgan is the most culpable as captain and senior player.  But there is no point holding it against him for too long.

The club have dealt with it.  Rodgers has been firm and decisive.   I want to see Maddison and Barnes back in the team and squad because they add so much on the pitch.  

• Like 4

They get a two page roasting in the Merc today  ..  the club did what was right considering what the rest of the population are going through but now we need to move on ..  their biggest punishment will come from their own teammates. 

5BF67802-C3D5-4F38-A4FE-C8AB91EF026D.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Named and shamed. 

Good. Now let's all move on.    I wonder how the great late Frank Worthington would have coped with local downs and social media?    

• Haha 2

Just now, Countryfox said:

Yep ..  I noticed that ..  so we’re they involved ..  ????

I've read elsewhere that none of the players have been fined - the only punishment was missing Sunday's game. Maybe the club felt compelled to explain why Maddison, Perez and Choudhury were dropped from the squad on Sunday, but didn't feel the need to say anything about Morgan and Barnes because they haven't been punished due to being injured anyway...

• Like 1

11 hours ago, john ridley said:

Let's hope we dont miss out on top4 by 3pts or less.

Then there will be plenty of games where we dropped needless points (Fulham at home the prime example), that we could look back on, all of which were covered for by the Perspective Brigade :thumbup:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Yep ..  I noticed that ..  so we’re they involved ..  ????

If they weren't involved I'd be surprised the outlets that did report it (Rob Tanner on The Athletic being one) wouldn't redact it.

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

I've read elsewhere that none of the players have been fined - the only punishment was missing Sunday's game. Maybe the club felt compelled to explain why Maddison, Perez and Choudhury were dropped from the squad on Sunday, but didn't feel the need to say anything about Morgan and Barnes because they haven't been punished due to being injured anyway...

As Rodgers said, a fine is a drop in the ocean for these players. Publicly saying they've been dropped and excluded due to breaking Covid regulations is far more harmful to them

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If they weren't involved I'd be surprised the outlets that did report it (Rob Tanner on The Athletic being one) wouldn't redact it.

I’d imagine they would be legally obliged to redact it if they’d named players who weren’t actually involved. 

Maybe not legally obliged but you’d be leaving yourself wide open to being taken to court by the wronged parties surely? 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yep. Legally the press would have to make an apology if they pursued it. 

They havent.

Today in the Athletic Rob Tanner (formerly of the Mercury) published an article condemning Maddison, Perez, Choudhury, Barnes and Morgan for attending the party. I doubt if he's publish Barnes' and Morgan's names if he wasn't certain of their involvement.

Meanwhile, Jordan Blackwell published an article in the Mercury condemning Maddison, Perez and Choudhury but made no mention whatsoever of Barnes or Morgan. 

It's a bit odd, but I suspect the discrepancy has something to do with the fact that the first three are confirmed (because of their absence on Sunday), but the latter two are just rumoured (albeit not denied by the club).

Edited by ClaphamFox

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Today in the Athletic Rob Tanner (formerly of the Mercury) published an article condemning Maddison, Perez, Choudhury, Barnes and Morgan for attending the party. I doubt if he's publish Barnes' and Morgan's names if he wasn't certain of their involvement.

Meanwhile, Jordan Blackwell published an article in the Mercury condemning Maddison, Perez and Choudhury but made no mention whatsoever of Barnes or Morgan. 

It's a bit odd, but I suspect the discrepancy has something to do with the fact that the first three are confirmed (because of their absence on Sunday), but the latter two are just rumoured (albeit not denied by the club).

More difficult for the locals than the nationals. The locals don't want to be seen to be sitting on their own doorstep. I'm pretty sure all 5 are involved.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

As Rodgers said, a fine is a drop in the ocean for these players. Publicly saying they've been dropped and excluded due to breaking Covid regulations is far more harmful to them

Yes, it is a drop in the ocean for them personally but, perhaps such a small drop to them, could have nevertheless been taken from them and in total when put together, make one big drop to be donated to a suitable charity. Surely even such dimwit players could see the benefits in that. They personally wouldn't like to be seen publicly whining about the matter in the circumstances and it could perhaps somewhat sweeten the sour taste left in some people's mouths. It's been a regrettable situation but perhaps some good could come out of it. 

• Like 2