Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

If I was Rodgers I would be using this as a rocket up the arse to all three (five) along the lines of "you've served your punishment, you're partly responsible for yesterdays loss, now make it up to everyone in these last seven games". A top 4 spot is still in our hands if we take the chance so let's use it in the final push.

They're not the first nor will be the last to fall afoul of this. It's unfortunate but I think they've paid for it by missing such a crucial game, seen the consequences and that will be on their minds til seasons end. I think we'll be seeing the best of Maddison in these last seven games.

Edited by Wizerud
  • Like 3

All 4/5 of them made an absolute **** up, but I can honestly say I’ve not stuck to the rules 100% (no house party’s) but many occasions I’ve saw friends and family in their homes, and I’m pretty sure many of you have too. But for people to honestly call for them all to be transferred out the club I’ll ask who do we replace Maddison, Barnes and Perez with because we will be sorely lacking in those areas if they leave 

5 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

Hands up any one who hasnt broke any covid rules in the last year cause i know i have on many occasions.

What’s your point? Because some people on here have met up with friends indoors when they shouldn’t do I should no longer be angry at these 5 idiots? I’m sorry but they’re multi millionaires, playing for my club at the top of their games (except Morgan) and they decided to throw a house party for themselves and at least 13 other guests less than a week before our biggest game of the season. If that doesn’t piss you off then perhaps you’re not a real Leicester fan. 

Edited by Jakemoore
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

Hands up any one who hasnt broke any covid rules in the last year cause i know i have on many occasions.

What's you breaking the rules got to do with the 4 Leicester players having a house party and most probably negatively impacting on one of the most important games of the season? 

Why don't you start a thread in general chat and ask people in there instead? 

Edited by Collymore
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

Do you not have any regrets with Brendan not even putting you on the bench for a single game this season ? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, whitwickfox said:

I’ve not visited my parents for several months now, more because of them being worried about COVID.

Rodgers knows players will also breaking rules so he laid down the law because he don’t want players catching it and then potentially bringing it into the camp and players missing any crucial games now till the end of the season. It really is the business part of the season but these guys have failed to recognise this.

I admit tho as I type this I feel like I’m getting bored of it now haha

Good piece in the times today by henry winter.   Looking at Madison's progress... now he will be kicking his heels this summer watching mount and lingard. I hope he reads it and determines to get his head sorted

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I for one can't wait for all of Maddison's Instagram stories of him by crowded pools in the summer whilst we are all still stuck at home. I really loved them last summer. Went down a treat.

A few summers ago I kept seeing david Nugent working hard in the gym. While others were on the beach he was working hard to stretch out his career.  

20 minutes ago, Hales said:

I can honestly say I haven't broken any covid rules and I don't say that to put myself on a moral highground but I had to for my job! I work with extremely poorly children and I had an obligation to protect myself and them so I sorry but there are no excuses for them! They had an obligation too and decided to ignore that. It's misconduct.

probably not relevant to the thread, but a tip of the hat to you for your dedication and discipline. I hope that somehow some of the players who attended the party end up reading your comment, and reflect on what dedication and commitment really means. So in fact it really is rather relevant to the thread. @Hales I salute you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Why has this turned into a witch hunt against Maddison?  I was as annoyed as everyone else on Sunday but at the lot of them not just one person.

The papers berating him, people on here calling him a ****, pundits saying he deserves not to be in the England team and vitually no mention of the others involved.

Was he stupid - Obviously and I am sure he regrets it. If we miss out on top 4 by a couple of points or even 1 point he and the others will have to accept all the finger pointing they will get. 

He is our most creative player and I for one will get behind him when he plays again, just like the rest of them.

Hating for mistakes is pointless. If he learns from it and it makes him and others better and more dedicated players then that will only be a positive in the long run for Leicester.

Go James, score the winner on Sunday and **** the haters.  :trumpet:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, whitwickfox said:

Not me and the lockdown restrictions have been more severe in France than the UK, here you have to have a signed attestation and proof of ID if stopped by the flick, or else it is a 135€ fine!

This is not just about players having a party it is about them increasing the odds of catching covid and giving it to the rest of the squad!  People would soon be moaning if we had to put out half a team of youngsters for the FA cup semi.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Why has this turned into a witch hunt against Maddison?  I was as annoyed as everyone else on Sunday but at the lot of them not just one person.

The papers berating him, people on here calling him a ****, pundits saying he deserves not to be in the England team and vitually no mention of the others involved.

Was he stupid - Obviously and I am sure he regrets it. If we miss out on top 4 by a couple of points or even 1 point he and the others will have to accept all the finger pointing they will get. 

He is our most creative player and I for one will get behind him when he plays again, just like the rest of them.

Hating for mistakes is pointless. If he learns from it and it makes him and others better and more dedicated players then that will only be a positive in the long run for Leicester.

If he scores the winner on Sunday all will be forgiven, that it the simple nature of football fans!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Le Renard said:

Not me and the lockdown restrictions have been more severe in France than the UK, here you have to have a signed attestation and proof of ID if stopped by the flick, or else it is a 135€ fine!

This is not just about players having a party it is about them increasing the odds of catching covid and giving it to the rest of the squad!  People would soon be moaning if we had to put out half a team of youngsters for the FA cup semi.

But at what point do you stop beating them up about it?  Time to move on.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Le Renard said:

If he scores the winner on Sunday all will be forgiven, that it the simple nature of football fans!

If Hamza scores an important goal for us ,it will be "perhaps we should reconsider" . If he scores two it will be " Southgate should be looking at him" . As such is the fickleness of football fans.

11 minutes ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Agreed! 

3 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Even if he doesn't, there's enough games for the rest of the season to continue making an impact on the field like he's done so well earlier in the season. 

Said earlier in the thread that it the club and Rodgers have been able to draw a line with it and deal with it internally, then it's time for us to move on and focus on Sunday onwards now :chant:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, whitwickfox said:

There’s breaking rules. But there is breaking rules when you’re in the limelight, specifically after being told to keep your heads down. Whether people agree or not, being in the public eye,  making bad decisions & flouting rules will always make headlines much more so than your average Joe going round your mates house. 

As many have said, it’s now time to move on and focus on the rest of our season. 

• Like 4