Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It wont even be thought about by the start if next season 

you think the media are going to drop their perceptions of him? If he farts out of place they will be giving him a full page spread.

2 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

you think the media are going to drop their perceptions of him? If he farts out of place they will be giving him a full page spread.

We'll see, I dont see Kyle walker getting battered in the press.

The media and social media as well are both VERY INTENSE OMG THIS MATTERS SOOO MUCH. Then the next story comes and it's all forgotten about. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

That. 

Can argue about the seriousness of the party, but literally on the day of being instructed to just be sensible for six weeks they do that. 

I said in the post match thread this, but feel worth saying the same here. We'll never know what the WHU game would have been if they're available. But if we miss out on champions league due to this, players in the squad will be missing bonuses and a rare opportunity to play in the champions league. Imagine how players like Wilf/Youri will feel if these prats are ruining their chances? Probably give them food for thought to clear off themselves seeing as their team mates don't seem too bothered. 

No, they obviously shouldn't be sacked or sent to jail, but their actions are indefensible and damaging to the club. 

What you want at this stage of the season is full focus on the football. To just prepare for the matches in the knowledge that everyone who should be available is available. All three were in the squad last week so extremely likely they would've been again, Maddison may've started, Perez may've started but at the very least both would be on the bench. That goes out of the window plus the manager will then have to field speculation and questions before the story leaks.

Goodness knows we've suffered enough disruption in the past three months with injuries leading to weary starting elevens and stretched benches in terms of quality. We'd just had a player go down with Covid so he's out and now this just as we were getting close to a full squad back.

One result seven matches from the end of the season isn't definitive but it was needless distraction. We need everyone available more than ever this season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We'll see, I dont see Kyle walker getting battered in the press.

The media and social media as well are both VERY INTENSE OMG THIS MATTERS SOOO MUCH. Then the next story comes and it's all forgotten about. 

Walker was at the time but they soon move on, like they will with our lot

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

I did stupid things when I was younger, most of us did. I remember going to Barca with my football team when we were 16, One night the team went out to grab some food, everyone went to Mcdonald's with the parents but 3 of us decided to go to Burger king... of course we decided that we were going to go for a night on the town rather than go back to the hotel after ( I think any of the other lads would have done the same) We got caught sneaking in at 5 in the morning, they'd been looking for us all night. 

I absolutely adored my manager, ive never had a bigger role model in my life and couldnt have any more respect for him. But I still did it. We let him down and put him at risk, as if anything had happened, he was responsible for us. What im trying to get at, is that just because these guys acted in the moment, it doesnt mean that its because the dont have respect for Brendan or Top or anyone else. They have acted as young lads do, selfishly and living in the moment. 

Obviously their situations are different, they are role models and should do better. They deserve the stick and punishment they have received, but I think its time to move on. The club have handled it well, hopefully the internal feelings arent too severely damaged as we have a huge game coming up and one of the most important run ins, in our clubs history. 

Agreed with everything you say but seeing as we lost on Sunday I'd like a public apology. 

Knowing that they couldn't play was bad

enough, especially with Barnes and Soyunchu also out, but then finding out the reasons and then narrowly losing to a team who are now 1 point behind us and after what happened last season, I expected laser like focus on the run in for what is potentially the second best season ever in the history of our club.

If we miss out on champions league or Europa League by 3 points or less this is the fixture that it'll be pinpointed to.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland
Fat fingers
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Except for the bit about Barnes who was also there 😂

Yes - but I'd led myself into thinking, through a recent article on him, that he was sensible and committed to his career. So, I apologise to him for having overestimated his character. But someone whose name hadn't been thrown into the hat earlier, Wes 'club captain' Morgan, was also allegedly there. Words fail me!

• Like 1

Just now, gerblod said:

Yes - but I'd led myself into thinking, through a recent article on him, that he was sensible and committed to his career. So, I apologise to him for having overestimated his character. But someone whose name hadn't been thrown into the hat earlier, Wes 'club captain' Morgan, was also allegedly there. Words fail me!

Yeah astonishing from Morgan if true

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Corky said:

What you want at this stage of the season is full focus on the football. To just prepare for the matches in the knowledge that everyone who should be available is available. All three were in the squad last week so extremely likely they would've been again, Maddison may've started, Perez may've started but at the very least both would be on the bench. That goes out of the window plus the manager will then have to field speculation and questions before the story leaks.

Goodness knows we've suffered enough disruption in the past three months with injuries leading to weary starting elevens and stretched benches in terms of quality. We'd just had a player go down with Covid so he's out and now this just as we were getting close to a full squad back.

One result seven matches from the end of the season isn't definitive but it was needless distraction. We need everyone available more than ever this season.

:appl:

Players have been jailed for serious crimes in the past, come back, scored a couple of goals and all is forgiven. The moral high ground only exists in the land of extreme hypocrisy. They have had their kicking let's move on. If off field behaviour results in poor performance players get dropped until they sort their heads out. If they can't do that then its time for them to look for another job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Collymore said:

Yeah. 

I just find it really hard to get connected to the guy. I really appreciate what he's doing for the club and he's transforming us  in so many positive ways but sometimes I feel he sees us a platform for him to showcase well ........ him I suppose!

I can't really sum it up in words, it's just a feeling I have.  I'm happy he's here as he's brining success though, I just don't feel much towards him.

...I would say that this is a very common feeling experienced by people about him!!!

There is just something about him that prevents people from connecting with him, an unfounded feeling of distrust.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Read the thread, the majority are pissed off that they ****ed us over before one of our biggest games of the season. 

Move on it’s happened. Fans being negative towards the team could be more harmful for an even bigger match this weekend. 

Imagine demanding a public apology from an Internet forum haha. 

1 minute ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

Move on it’s happened. Fans being negative towards the team could be more harmful for an even bigger match this weekend. 

Imagine demanding a public apology from an Internet forum haha. 

How? We aren't in stands or stadiums, you think the players really sit there looking through their @'s? 

In a period where football is a huge outlet where we can't just get on with our normal lives, a few key players ****ing over the team will hit home more than normal. It'll be forgotten, but rn they deserve every bit of criticism they get. 

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

How? We aren't in stands or stadiums, you think the players really sit there looking through their @'s? 

In a period where football is a huge outlet where we can't just get on with our normal lives, a few key players ****ing over the team will hit home more than normal. It'll be forgotten, but rn they deserve every bit of criticism they get. 

I know for a fact they do. 

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

You found me out.

I don't know where he may have played, I just Googled golf course images.

It was late when I posted and accuracy wasn't high in my mind but thought a bit of light relief for a bloody annoying occurrence, might put a smile on some folks faces.

Mate, it was pretty obvious to most that it was a Google image ;)

On 11/04/2021 at 13:57, jayfox26 said:

If the rumours are true then sell all 3 in the summer. Totally ridiculous before such a huge game in our season. Like the op said, disrespectful to fans, team mates and everyone at the club. 

If actually wouldn't be averse to this. 2 aren't first team quality and the 3rd could be a big money sale needed to further strengthen.

West ham match with Southgate there could have been a tryout for England.

The form he's in, I wouldn't be upset if it was a tryout for Leicester next season (+ another cam that we already needed)

I quite enjoy supporting the club with the moral high ground, and as for the argument about loads of others on here doing the same, I would be interested in an anonymous poll of how many on here have gone to an illegal house party during vivid, especially those in key jobs, knowing it could jeopardise colleagues ability to go to work, and therefore jeopardise the business they work for.

Glad he don't work for me.