Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

Perez is the one I'm most disappointed in. I'm not happy with the other two either, but I'm not surprised, it's seems like the kind of daft thing they might do. Perez always seemed like a level headed sensible kind of guy, seems totally out of character.

If you’re reading this Maddison & Perez, we blame you for finishing sixth. You absolute pair of selfish over paid tossers, if it were up to me neither of you would play for this club again. An example needs to be made, dump them both in the reserves for the remainder of their contracts and ruin their careers. 

• Haha 1

Too many people taking this whole thing seriously. Footballers especially young and single ones have had to abide by some of the toughest rules going, even more so than the general public. 

How can people continue to take the rules seriously when one of them is that you can’t kiss your husband or wife on your wedding day? 

I still get they’ve broken rules though, however stupid they are. Fine them and move on. No further punishment required. People saying they should never play for the club again are over reacting massively... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

The trouble is, this sort of thing hasn't tended to galvanise us in the past but the opposite. 

I don't see how it could. It's not other people out to get us, it's our own doing that leaves us with fewer options in a stretched and heavily worked squad.

There's nothing positive to come out of this episode at all.

And another thing James, this football clubs current league performance and standing is a shining light for a lot of people in Leicestershire at the moment when frankly mental health is abysmal in general, so well done for sabotaging that candle of positivity for everybody, for the sake of a little party with yours pals, you’re not 17 anymore, grow up and I hope we can rip United off in the summer and bin you off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

Too many people taking this whole thing seriously. Footballers especially young and single ones have had to abide by some of the toughest rules going, even more so than the general public. 

How can people continue to take the rules seriously when one of them is that you can’t kiss your husband or wife on your wedding day? 

I still get they’ve broken rules though, however stupid they are. Fine them and move on. No further punishment required. People saying they should never play for the club again are over reacting massively... 

I'm sorry this was the biggest game of the season. It's must win IMO. I would have thought Maddison especially would have relished the opportunity to come back in and win it for us but it sounds like he doesn't give a shit.

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

Love the fact that half the people moaning about it will meet up with mates tomorrow down the pub not distancing lol  

There’s probably as much chance of winning the lottery as catching Covid in an outdoor setting 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

Exactly dude, we seem to be taking a disease that has killed over a half a million folks on this side of the Atlantic (and millions worldwide) too “seriously”....

Would disagree with any overreaction, such as binning the players off completely, but a fine and suspension seems quite appropriate, given the situation. Asking for a bit of responsibility as part of a 100K/wk pay package is not exactly modern day slavery.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Exactly dude, we seem to be taking a disease that has killed over a half a million folks on this side of the Atlantic (and millions worldwide) too “seriously”....

Would disagree with any overreaction, such as binning the players off completely, but a fine and suspension seems quite appropriate, given the situation. Asking for a bit of responsibility as part of a 100K/wk pay package is not exactly modern day slavery.

That wasn’t my point but the reality is that the numbers in this country are very low and all at risk groups now have at least 70% protection against serious illness and death if not more. 

9 minutes ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

I'm sorry this was the biggest game of the season. It's must win IMO. I would have thought Maddison especially would have relished the opportunity to come back in and win it for us but it sounds like he doesn't give a shit.

They’ve probably spent the best part of 12 months barely interacting with anyone in person outside of work. Even if they are well paid footballers it will do anyones head in eventually.

Fine them and move on. Even with Maddison we weren’t winning this today. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

That wasn’t my point but the reality is that the numbers in this country are very low and all at risk groups now have at least 70% protection against serious illness and death if not more. 

And?