Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
st albans fox

Maddison, Perez and Choudhury Covid breach confirmed - Percy

I mean, even if they HAD gone to some house party, surely if Rodgers wanted them to play he could just get them tested no?  Seeing as you can get results in literally minutes I dont see the issue in terms of football playing, apart from them being prats outside of it?

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

The players are grown men 

I’m fuming at the lack of respect they’ve shown - hence the thread title 

Yeah, I get that, but I think people might not open or join in with the thread to the same extent if they see a cryptic thread title.

You would get more people joing the discussion about it if the thread title suggested it was a general chat about what these players (allegedly) did.

:dunno:

• Like 1

To be honest, I get it’s a real kick in the teeth for everybody but as somebody has said above it may not be as bad as it seems. If they’ve gone to a massive party, then it was obviously a mindless thing to do but if they’ve just met in some form and had a small gathering then it just shows a bit of naivety.

At the end of the day, Maddison has been superb all season so people saying that he should never play again are massively overreacting. Let’s just wait until we’ve got the concrete facts and allow the club to deal with it internally.

I love how people still hold footballers in such high esteem with such respect, good for you. 

They are football players, there can be no surprises if this story is true, it's been happening across the country at most football clubs and international level as well, it is what it is, it's what they do.

They'll regret their actions, accept their fines and embarrassment, score their goals, the football continues.

• Like 2

Just now, Matt_Lcfc said:

To be honest, I get it’s a real kick in the teeth for everybody but as somebody has said above it may not be as bad as it seems. If they’ve gone to a massive party, then it was obviously a mindless thing to do but if they’ve just met in some form and had a small gathering then it just shows a bit of naivety.

At the end of the day, Maddison has been superb all season so people saying that he should never play again are massively overreacting. Let’s just wait until we’ve got the concrete facts and allow the club to deal with it internally.

It’s not “a bit of naivety”, the fact that you’re not allowed to meet up in groups indoors has been on the news non-stop for much of the last year.

If the manager has then expressly told them to knuckle down and then they’ve disobeyed then they’re absolute cretins. The illegality of it is trivial, the unprofessionalism is absolutely off the charts. 

Before these guys are hung out to dry, let's at least have the story confirmed.

Seems people in here moaning are also forgetting that Barnes and our CAPTAIN Morgan were allegedly also part of it.
Be interesting to see the reaction from the management.

FFS, some of the comments on here yous have thought they'd shot someone!!!

How many of us have adhered to the rules ALL of the time during the last year??

Fair enough they've been complete  idiots as professional  athletes but let's see what really happened and not blow it out of all proportion 

@UpTheLeagueFox will get us all the Inside news and then we can proceed to mutilate them 

Edited by Raj
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ttfn said:

It’s not “a bit of naivety”, the fact that you’re not allowed to meet up in groups indoors has been on the news non-stop for much of the last year.

If the manager has then expressly told them to knuckle down and then they’ve disobeyed then they’re absolute cretins. The illegality of it is trivial, the unprofessionalism is absolutely off the charts. 

It is a bit of naivety though. I bet they all meet up quite regularly in the same way that so many other people do up and down the country - they’ve just been caught out this time.

• Like 1