Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chocolate Teapot

Did Rodgers make the right call?

Did Rodgers make the right call?  

475 members have voted

1. 1. Should he have dealt with the players so publicly?

• Yes - they're idiots and they deserve it.
    • No - fine them and don't bring unnecessary scrutiny upon the club.

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Well they can do wrong and there is a real punishment. Just because they don't make the squad or might/might not have played, they've still missed out today. Whether you rate the player or not is a moot point. 

Not to mention they might have been fined? 

So I'm not sure what the other solution was? If they didn't get fined, and did play today, then you'd still be saying the same thing, no? 

There is no other solution though is there, so they've been dropped (of which they might not have played and/or are not match fit so would be on the bench anyway) and fined, an insignificant fine given what they earn and already have in the bank, it's hardly going to effect them, so they can't really do any wrong - it's not really gonna effect them, theres not much else you can do to punish them yet is it really a huge punishment is it?

I'd love a few fines on what they earn.

'No travelling to London? A match off? Feet up and/or an afternoon on the golf course? Oh please gaffer, punish me more often! Infact might even have another party!' :vardy::riyad:

There is nothing more BR or the club could have done, but that is exactly the point i'm making.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But he did..!!i

Amy other Part he Content or shouldnt hide...Else the Media would have twisted it..!

yes he did I agree. What I meant was, he could have delayed or deflected the incident by saying "it's an internal matter" in order to buy time. He didn't and by being proactive he pre-empted the inevitable press reaction. 

21 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They'd have been tested twice since the alleged party so don't believe it is protocol

Isolation is 10 days, so would seem sensible to isolate them for that. You could test them on Tuesday and Saturday and they could test positive on the Sunday. 

I don’t know, maybe be it is maybe it isn’t. Players come back from internationals and play pretty quickly. 

Edited by Babylon

Made the right call regarding the 3 bellends. Made the wrong call in team setup for the game. 

when we threw caution and fear to the wind we blew West Ham away. When we played as initially planned we got hammered quite literally. 

This is a repeating pattern now and it has to stop. I’d rather go down with swashbuckling style than timidly trying to squeeze across the line.  

• Like 2

Just now, Babylon said:

Isolation is 10 days, so would seem sensible to isolate them for that. You could test them on Tuesday and Saturday and they could test positive on the Sunday. 

Well they’ve not been isolating because our number 10 was at Kilworth Springs whilst we were playing today. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

There is no other solution though is there, so they've been dropped (of which they might not have played and/or are not match fit so would be on the bench anyway) and fined, an insignificant fine given what they earn and already have in the bank, it's hardly going to effect them, so they can't really do any wrong - it's not really gonna effect them, theres not much else you can do to punish them yet is it really a huge punishment is it?

I'd love a few fines on what they earn.

'No travelling to London, a match off and an afternoon on the golf course, oh please gaffer, punish me more often! Infact might even have another party!' :vardy::riyad:

There is nothing more BR or the club could have done, but that is exactly the point i'm making.

I agree with this. But how do you adequately punish a massively overpaid professional footballer who has no need to worry about not paying bills or being taken to court if you don't pay a fine of a weeks wages on time?

They're not scared of being fined. They're not scared of being dropped for one game. They're not scared of being metaphorically booed by fans on social media. They're probably more scared of a loss in transfer value but by the time the window comes round, they won't worry about that either.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Babylon said:

I’m talking isolating from other players. 

I was under the impression from Brendan’s interview after the game that they was available for today’s game he just choose rightly in my opinion not to use them today 

Edited by jammie82uk

11 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well they’ve not been isolating because our number 10 was at Kilworth Springs whilst we were playing today. 

Just curious because I missed some of this, was he playing golf during the game or before it? 

if he genuinely couldn’t be bothered to support his team, he needs to go. wth

26 minutes ago, Matt said:

I don't see that he had to make a call.

It's been massively blown out of proportion with the game, what happened in the game and the disgraceful performance.

Perez might have played but does he really add much? Really? You're telling me he'd have made the difference? Maddison would have been on the bench - Probably come on at some point, Hamza might not have even made the bench, very unlikely he'd have come on.

If people wanna make this an excuse for today, make them feel better about it then so be it, but personally they're two different discussions.

As i've already said Rodgers has said they'll be available next week - So all will be swept under the carpet, unfortunately he has little or no other option, which is the crux of the point - They can do no wrong and there is no real punishment.

Although I agree in part in terms of what perez and maddison could have offered in this game (still think they would have made a difference yet small) For me it's the disregard for your team-mates and manager. Also I'm sure because of their idiotic behavior this could have effected team morale. Clear to me at such a vital stage in the season they don't care about LCFC as much as they should. 

• Like 1

Different players at different clubs have broken various protocols at different times. The Chelsea players did before the internationals, Spurs players at Christmas, Kyle Walker consistently, Foden/Greenwood whilst on England duty and maybe more that I can't remember. 

Stupidity, sense of entitlement, lack of respect for Rodgers and their teammates and just general lack of common sense and awareness. 

Would the press have ran. Story anyway? Who knows. He could've pretending they had a knock but he isn't stupid. He knows these things get out and then he gives himself a problem by not punishing them..

Missing today's game the right thing to do, for me. Hopefully the players involved accept and use it extra motivation to succeed. Rather than spitting the dummies out because they feel hard done by, and cause trouble. 

38 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There was no call to make surely? They’ve basically been isolated away from the group due to breaking the bubble, which would be protocol I would have thought.

37 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

They'd have been tested twice since the alleged party so don't believe it is protocol

7 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

I was under the impression from Brendan’s interview after the game that they was available for today’s game he just choose rightly in my opinion not to use them today 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

They were made to train on their own I know that much. 

Sums it up I think

they had to train away from the squad due to protocol - rodgers said as much post match I think 

Why is there always some off the field issue that risks derailing things? 

I don’t know if it happens to other clubs, or that I just know about ours because I don’t follow other clubs in anywhere near as much detail.

The Collymore fire extinguisher, the Dickov - Sinclair - Gillespie rape thing, probably all the things I’ve forgotten in the dark years (circa 2004 - 2009), Tom Hopper and James Pearson having a pop at some ladyboys, the Vichai helicopter tragedy... have I forgotten any?

Yes. Unfortunate (if that is the right word) that a key player in Maddison was involved but protocols and guidance were set out a long time ago and it was breached. You have to make a tough stand and a zero tolerance.

Players only have themselves to blame.

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Hang on, do we know who was there? Sorry if I’ve missed it

Maddison, Perez and Hamza were there for sure. There is talk about Morgan and Barnes but I'm not sure if that's true or not....

• Like 1