Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

12 minutes ago, Hack said:

Jp Morgan must already have a tv deal in place. Works have not got this far without 

I can see a subscription service in place for each club aswell. Like Gary Nevillr said, charge a pound per game and 100million global supporters pay just a pound each, that's a £100m per game extra revenue from that alone....per game 

Just now, danhaw said:

I can see a subscription service in place for each club aswell. Like Gary Nevillr said, charge a pound per game and 100million global supporters pay just a pound each, that's a £100m per game extra revenue from that alone....per game 

Definitely wouldn’t be a pound either

9 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Could the players currently contracted to these clubs walk away from their contracts? If these clubs get thrown out of domestic leagues and their players are banned from international football, surely this constitutes a change in working conditions? You can’t just change the players terms of employment and expect them to just follow the clubs into the unknown/abyss?

My guess is yes. 

36 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

This.

I was out in my car tonight for a drive to calm down and the thought was in my head. I even drove to the spot that I've always had in my head.

This isn't the only reason but the world is such a shit place, getting back to matches was the one thing I was clinging on to that might drag me through.

Now just seems so utterly pointless.

Edited by Rain King
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

50 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Is anyone else sick to death of this already?

Nah - this has been coming for years to be honest and it kind of intrigues me, as depressing as it is, this might just be the wake up call needed.

I'm convinced something good has to come from this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I think he would. 

And anyway, with being older and perhaps looking for one last big paycheck, who would blame him if he did seek such an opportunity? But he didn't, he spoke out against it and stayed honest. I don't get why you need to be such a pessimist about his comments when it's pretty much what everyone has been craving for all day - someone, a player, that is part of the 12 clubs to speak out because the majority of the rest of them have been quieter than Anne Frank in an attic. 

I agree with you that we're all waiting for players from the greedy six to speak out and that the silence has been conspicuous, but I think you're missing my point.  I'm simply asking whether Milner is the vanguard of a player revolt or is he simply able to speak freely because he in not likely to feature in the Super League?   

My comment has been taken as some kind of dig at Milner which was not intended.  As I said, good for him.  I just think that if we hear criticism coming from big name stars from the shameless six, those with a potential future in this breakaway league, then that will be significant.  That's what I'm waiting for.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, danhaw said:

That's not enough for them. They'll want more. 

3 hours ago, KFS said:

I really don't buy most of these points. I feel as if it belittles the wants and needs of football fans and its players.

The TV money comes from the international audience. Not football fans as we understand them. The international audience absolutely only wants to watch the big six.

9 minutes ago, Rain King said:

I was out in my car tonight for a drive to calm down and the thought was in my head. This isn't the only reason but the world is such a shit place, getting back to matches was the one thing I was clinging on to that might drag me through.

Now just seems so utterly pointless.

It'll come good in the end mate. The elitist power grab won't win. 

3 hours ago, BlueSi13 said:

None of those points made suggest it is "difficult" to battle at all.  It essentially acts as a mouthpiece for the dirty dozen to say "muh but but but you're nothing without us, you wouldn't dare play without us".  

Get to **** with that absolute bollocks.

What a select few people aren't grasping is that if those six English teams stay in the PL, the PL slowly dies anyway (the TV/sponsorship money along with it).  It will just become a reserve/feeder league for them.  With their extra billions per year they can scoop up the best talent and then just develop them in the PL until they are ready for the SL.  They couldn't care less where they finish in the table and us winning the PL in that scenario would be about as meaningful as us winning the EFL Trophy.  Meaningless.

If they stay and compete in the Super League, it's bad for the Premier League. If they go, it's bad for the Premier League. They money dries up either way. The big six have the leverage here. And can get what they want. Because of the Premier League's structure and the source of the TV money. As mentioned before, it's likely a power play. But an effective power play.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

2029 Super LeagueTM Play Off Bowl Final, at the Qatar Vagina Stadium.

Manchester United vs Liverpool

11 minutes into the third quarter, Liverpool are attacking.

0-0 still. 

The fourth official blows the Viking horn and the game comes to a stop.

Manchester United have won the “Fan Boost” vote on the Super Dooper LeagueTM app and are awarded a PK. 

Kai Rooney steps up to the penalty spot.

An advert for a new baldness cure takes up three quarters of the screen.

The referee swaps the match a ball for a golden one.

The assistant referee ceremonially ties goalkeeper Allison’s dominant hand behind his back. 

The referee blows the whistle and a countdown begins on all the stadium screens.

5... 4... 3... 2... 1!

Rooney SHOOTS... and misses.

Allison celebrates with his teammates in Liverpool’s EndZone. 

Liverpool win the Super LeagueTM. 

Nobody in England notices. 

Is this in the proposed plans because my opinion may by drastically changing.....