Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

It's already in tatters if this happens mate.  

We'll be a feeder club playing in a pointless development league for the SL six if they stay in.

People need to stop thinking about the money.  That train is minutes from leaving the station.

Ha ha as if the ESL going ahead isn’t the death nail already, now that’s naive. 

Uncompetitive league with no incentive for any of the teams and decreased demand across the globe. Yeah Fecking brilliant long term stability that is. 

3 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

I feel thoroughly depressed about all this :(

It won’t happen. And if anything it will cause a bit of a reform in how clubs are run. I can’t see anything but punishment for those involved. I think the FA will dock them points, and hit them hard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It won’t happen. And if anything it will cause a bit of a reform in how clubs are run. I can’t see anything but punishment for those involved. I think the FA will dock them points, and hit them hard. 

I really hope you're right 🙏

If the premier league werent a business and money oriented I'd expect them to boot the 6 teams out and maybe the massive over inflated financial bubble can pop. Meaning we could start seeing sensible money in the game again.

Unfortunately they will bend to the will of the 6 clubs because all they care about is money. They pretend it's about principles but they're only worried about the value of their product. Same with UEFA.

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I can’t see it but I hope so! 

8 minutes ago, AmyLGK said:

I feel thoroughly depressed about all this :(

Me too. I had a troubled night last night. I kept tossing and turning and couldn’t sleep properly at all. It was on my mind ever since the statement broke. And I’ve been obsessed by it all today. I’m sad, angry, and scared. This can’t happen to our beautiful game. It’s not fair. It just can’t happen.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

If they do leave the value of the TV deal decreases, no question about that.

However, on the flip side, clubs will be able to spend less on transfer fees and wages. That's the problem currently, you pretty much have to overspend to compete with richer clubs. If that facility goes you won't need to pay top dollar prices, plus you could probably flog your best players for more to these twats.

No-one might need to pay £30 to watch games as the price will come down. It is all relative, we pay more in ticket prices to pay more to players and managers. It could be better regulated with transfer caps and wage caps.

Look, it isn't straightforward. It will take a lot of effort. Clubs maybe need to start thinking now about the future and cutting costs. But it shouldn't be the end.

But you have to get from now to then ....think back to the collapse of ITV digital. That was the major factor in our administration.....clubs have huge contactual obligations that are ongoing for up to four years ahead. 

I guess the money 6 leaving but staying in the EPL would mean that we’d still get 7 places in UEFA’s Europe?

So 13/20 teams in the Premier league would be in Europe, so although TV revenue might fall, additional games for more teams and extra revenue for Europe would offset that slightly. Also as others have mentioned we just double the price tag for any player wanted by a Super league club.

Yeah the TV money is going to fall out the league regardless what happens as the spectacle is going to boring. Who us going to watch to see if the 10th best team in the league or 11th best team is going to make cl? I cant see how keeping them in the league benefits it long term.    

Also, you really think that the rich 6 aren't going to push for more control of the leagues too if they have their super league And we bend over now? why would those teams want to have 20 teams in the league when it will tire their players out for ESL? And whats stopping them pushing for more money out of our tv pot if they know we will never get rid of them? 

The more I think about it, the more I'm open to the Super League taking place as long as those sides are removed from the domestic leagues/competitions and teams within UEFA boycott the additional 5 places offered. 

What are the likely compromises to keep them in? More money and voting rights, making it harder for teams to challenge them. Effectively setting up a psuedo Super League in all but name. 

If the Super League does proceed and those sides are removed from domestic competitions, it will cause short term pain for the sides left out. These teams will miss out on the big TV rights money and sponsorship.

However, over time, people will lose interest in the Super League, and the teams will stagnate as they don't have competition to maximise their performance. In the meantime, the domestic competitions and UEFA can start again, building a more equitable foundation for their leagues. 

Look at the new set up for the Champions League. More power for the bigger clubs, and another route for them to get into the Champions League if they perform poorly in their league. What we've seen is the more you cater to these big clubs, the more they want and they won't be satisfied.

Perhaps it's time to let them go. 

The alternative is UEFA, FA and Government manage to introduce salary caps, 50 plus 1 percent fan ownership, more equitable distribution of earnings etc. but that will take some time and it will get to the courts as the big teams will oppose it. 

• Like 2

Goood evening soccer fans.

Tonight we have the Manchester Red Devils up against the Munich Lionhearts live from the Starbucks Dome here in Manchester.

James Maddison makes his debut for the Devils having earned his stripes after a fine season for the Leicester Foxes. The Foxes beating the Leeds Breadcakes in the Open Cup at the end of last season.  After signing a £45m 5 year contract, the fans in the famous Krispy Kreme kop end will be expecting big things from the one-time minor league MVP. Many are predicting he'll even make the end of season All-Star tour of Japan and South Korea.

The game, sponsored by Wendy's should be a great indicator of which of these sides has the right credentials to make it all the way to the Walmart bowl to play for the ultimate prize, the Walt Disney cup.

• Like 1

American owners are so fuching stupid it's unreal.

'Legacy Fans' are why 'Future Fans' exist in the first place. That identity and family connection.

You either grow up in an area of your club or have family that bring you into the fold. It's that community aspect that drives the fanbase continuously throughout generations.

Plastic fans don't give a monkeys apart from bragging rights. 

I mean who in their right mind would support Tottenham forever if they're constantly smashed by Real on a regular basis?

Who would want their kids and their grandkids to keep that love of a club alive? The Premier League and Champions League are so globally massive because of the atmosphere the crowd and fanbase generate, which is from generations of families and season ticket holders returning year after year after year.

When that stops for these greedy scumbags because of the traditional 'Legacy Fans' aren't what they want to cater to... Good luck to finding 'Future Fans' that want to be there every week to partake in the atmosphere and get bitten by the bug of that club.

To be honest... I just want us to be everyone's 2nd team again like we were 5 years ago.

The World already knows we have the best owners in the land and that we are the example to all other clubs.

The phrase "Doing a Leicester" must piss off these 6 traitors no end but that's what every other club on the planet hopes for.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But you have to get from now to then ....think back to the collapse of ITV digital. That was the major factor in our administration.....clubs have huge contactual obligations that are ongoing for up to four years ahead. 

We'll then have to accept these clubs staying in and demanding even more than they've got already with hundreds more millions in the bank.

The league will be tedious and predictable. We'd be able to achieve nothing along with 14 others.

9 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

Me too. I had a troubled night last night. I kept tossing and turning and couldn’t sleep properly at all. It was on my mind ever since the statement broke. And I’ve been obsessed by it all today. I’m sad, angry, and scared. This can’t happen to our beautiful game. It’s not fair. It just can’t happen.

Im cheering myself up listening to this https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p09f20mz ❤❤

• Like 1