Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jakemoore

The Super League

50 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

I also wonder if the Germans not taking part is them seeing a huge opportunity to replace the Premier League as the worlds dominant Football league.  The English clubs have essentially opened the doors wide open now.

...the 50+1 is the reason why the German clubs are not involved, simples!!!

• Like 3

Just now, Webbo said:

Our club made a 67 million loss last year, that's a debt we have to service, plus all the debts we'll accrue this season. All this on a much reduced TV income. Atm we don't need to sell players and can hold out for top dollar, that won't last. 

Its not certain the owners would want to stay once the money and prestige has left the league. 

You're kidding yourself if you think the league will improve once these teams have left/been banned. 

in the short-term, it will be very difficult. But it will allow a reset and over time, UEFA and domestic competitions would be on a much sounder footing.  

If the ESL clubs are allowed to stay, the big clubs will rest their players and devalue the league as teams will know it won't make a significant difference where they finish in the league as the same sides will qualify for the ESL. TV money will fall for the same reason, and the ESL itself will compete for a share of the pie as well. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

Good for James Milner, but let's be honest, he doesn't have a lot to lose.  He's already 63 and at the twilight of the twilight of his career.

Would he speak out if he was 23?

I know money talks, but they players affected surely don't need much more than they already have.

I'd like to think the players could group together and refuse to be involved in it.

That's probably wishful thinking but it'd do the trick.

7 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Our club made a 67 million loss last year, that's a debt we have to service, plus all the debts we'll accrue this season. All this on a much reduced TV income. Atm we don't need to sell players and can hold out for top dollar, that won't last. 

Its not certain the owners would want to stay once the money and prestige has left the league. 

You're kidding yourself if you think the league will improve once these teams have left/been banned. 

The league has lost its prestige if the 6 stay in as well.  Why would our own owners want to stick around once they've been locked out of the where the real prestige and money is?  

I'm sorry but if the PL does not rip the plaster off and kick them out then its enabling its own destruction.  Slower yes but irreversible.  

Can only speak for myself but that will be my moment to walk away and do something else with my time and money.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, murphy said:

Good for James Milner, but let's be honest, he doesn't have a lot to lose.  He's already 63 and at the twilight of the twilight of his career.

Maybe not but he is a top pro and remains a credible voice at Liverpool so I for one admire his leadership - he will have set a tone for others too!

Neville has been absolutely superb in his articulation of the situation and mirrors the passion we all feel!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Webbo said:

....I come across comments such as this often on this forum, and I really do not think people understand what the owners are all about!!!

I may be naïve in my perception of our owners but it seems people are sceptical of their involvement with us. 

Edited by sacreblueits442

6 minutes ago, murphy said:

You really can't slate the guy, he's had the bollocks to stand in the telly and tell them that the hopes the plans and dreams of his CEO are shite and he hopes they fail ... Football or not there's not many that would do that.

Hopefully that's the first step, if Messi and Ronaldo come out and speak up the battle is half won

• Like 1

Interesting opinion....AC Milan no title in 9 years 

Inter Milan no title in 10 years 

Arsenal no title in 17 years 

Man United no title in 8 years 

Spurs no title in 60 years 

Liverpool 1 title in last 31 years 

Atletico 1 title in last 25 years 

Real Madrid and Barcelona both reportedly having financial difficulties. 

Juventus currently 4th and risk missing out on CL football. 

Chelsea and Man City will always board the gravy train.

Super league my arse.... more like rich clubs scared of not being successful anymore and sustaining their wealth so they invent a competition to keep themselves rich. 
These clubs think they can make £300m more a season via the super league and then waltz back to play in their home leagues on the weekends with a massive financial advantage over everybody else, what an absolute disgrace. 

#RIPFootball

#StopTheSuperLeague

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tim'llFixIt said:

You really can't slate the guy, he's had the bollocks to stand in the telly and tell them that the hopes the plans and dreams of his CEO are shite and he hopes they fail ... Football or not there's not many that would do that.

Hopefully that's the first step, if Messi and Ronaldo come out and speak up the battle is half won

disagree that took bottle

has a year left on his contract and put his neck on the line giving a honest view

10 minutes ago, murphy said:

Yes probably as he is a a Leeds fan and knows the club who pays his wages are signing a death warrant of his home town club. 

He will be rightly as annoyed as any fan seing their club sold down the river for a few gold coins. 

16 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

American owners are so fuching stupid it's unreal.

'Legacy Fans' are why 'Future Fans' exist in the first place. That identity and family connection.

You either grow up in an area of your club or have family that bring you into the fold. It's that community aspect that drives the fanbase continuously throughout generations.

Plastic fans don't give a monkeys apart from bragging rights. 

I mean who in their right mind would support Tottenham forever if they're constantly smashed by Real on a regular basis?

Who would want their kids and their grandkids to keep that love of a club alive? The Premier League and Champions League are so globally massive because of the atmosphere the crowd and fanbase generate, which is from generations of families and season ticket holders returning year after year after year.

When that stops for these greedy scumbags because of the traditional 'Legacy Fans' aren't what they want to cater to... Good luck to finding 'Future Fans' that want to be there every week to partake in the atmosphere and get bitten by the bug of that club.

To be honest... I just want us to be everyone's 2nd team again like we were 5 years ago.

The World already knows we have the best owners in the land and that we are the example to all other clubs.

The phrase "Doing a Leicester" must piss off these 6 traitors no end but that's what every other club on the planet hopes for.

If they all join this and get banned from the Premier League, imagine being a Spurs fan watching Leicester, Wolves, West Ham, Everton and Villa sharing Premier League titles while Spurs finish 15th out of 20 season after season in the 'Super League', constantly the butt of all the 'banter club' memes on Twitter and Instagram. I wouldn't even wish it on Forest fans. It would be soul destroying.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....I come across comments such as this often on this forum, and I really do not think people understand what the owners are all about!!!

I may be naïve in my perception of our owners but it seems people are sceptical of their involvement with us. 

You're asking people to pour money into the club with no hope of a return and very little glory. It's nothing against the owners, it's just common sense. 

The shirt sponsorship isn't going to be worth much if nobody is watching on TV.