Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

WBA Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

Stop triangulating and get to the point !!!

I did ,   I am no PI in the Sky...

I Dont circumference Major issues...I Dont Stand on the diameter ,I go to any Major Points of the circle und come up with the right answer...:P

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That was your take from a comfortable 3-0 win?

Maybe BR sees something in Perez that some of the haters don't.

It was a professional performance.

Three goals and a clean sheet.

Relax, enjoy the win, we're third in the bloody PL !

To be fair, Brendan's interview suggested that he wasn't happy with large elements of the performance. Agree that Perez was good tonight , battled hard. His cross towards the end of the game was one of his best all season. It's a fine thing that him and Madison bring something different to the position, and are competing. Obviously madders has the edge, but its great to have the option to change it up front with Perez when Madison is blazing shots into the stands

6 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

He said he changed the shape a bit to get more control, giving we were 3 up, it ensures West Brom can’t get back in the game. 

Yeah thinking of it after you typed that I can understand it more now, thanks.  Makes sense.

Excellent result, 3-0 flattered WBA. I was slightly worried how we'd perform after Sundays match, any hangover(not literally) or tiredness and expected WBA to be up for it after their last 2 good results. Shocked how poor they were. 

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "In the first half I wasn't happy at all. We weren't precise enough with our passing. In the second half we controlled the game.

Personally, I don’t mind the first half at all. Apart from scoring three goals, we had two or three other great chances to score. It could have been 5 or 6 to nil. More of that please 🙏

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

Leicester manager Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport: "In the first half I wasn't happy at all. We weren't precise enough with our passing. In the second half we controlled the game.

Personally, I don’t mind the first half at all. Apart from scoring three goals, we had two or three other great chances to score. It could have been 5 or 6 to nil. More of that please 🙏

....Rodgers seems to get a great deal of satisfaction in respect of controlling games!!!

Always feel uncomfortable as our tempo drops and we then become vulnerable and you feel one goal conceded would lead to us struggling to raise our level to get back to our previous level. 

The first half was good, started to overplay when we got on top, and failed to play the easy passes against a team completely at odds with itself. Rodgers kicking bottles on the touchline is not something you would expect to see but he was not happy with decisions being made in the first half and I do not blame him.

1 hour ago, Dan LCFC said:

We are a flipping good football team.

It slightly does my head in. This is the best Leicester city have been consistently in my life. My Dad tells me about the Gillies era and it does sound lovely, but this is now, and it is incredible.  We absolutely smashed a supposedly resurgent West Brom today.  Our skill and ability just took them down. We are going to win the FA Cup. 

Edited by trabuch

This result is a good start to the big games we got ahead. This gives the whole team confidence for the tougher fixtures in the coming months. But honestly, fantastic performance, Iheanacho and vardy both are in good form. Castagne was fantastic, really gives Brendan Rodgers a selection dilemma.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....Rodgers seems to get a great deal of satisfaction in respect of controlling games!!!

Always feel uncomfortable as our tempo drops and we then become vulnerable and you feel one goal conceded would lead to us struggling to raise our level to get back to our previous level. 

The first half was good, started to overplay when we got on top, and failed to play the easy passes against a team completely at odds with itself. Rodgers kicking bottles on the touchline is not something you would expect to see but he was not happy with decisions being made in the first half and I do not blame him.

I agree with you completely. Rodgers has his way of course, though I do feel uncomfortable with that too - I mean without adventure and risk taking, you don’t score goals! What I fear is that, as we showed in the second half, we feared losing the ball in that moment in the final third when deciding whether to try to make that killer pass forward or into the box or passback. When you have the manager on your back telling you at half time and in training to keep the ball, that may add to hesitation and before you know it the opportunity passes! Quite a few times the team was doing that in the second half and it led to an impatient Evans who made a long aimless pass. I would much prefer Tielemans or any of our other players really trying to make that pass instead of Evans (who is probably the least capable in that regard).

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

I’ve had a few too many, sorry. It is late in the season. Maybe last season is playing on our minds and we want to see it out and win a trophy that we have never won. I’ve seen a lot of rubbish over the years; Mclintock, Pleat teams etc. Let’s celebrate where we are.

Edited by skirk
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me he is the best deep lying midfielder in the division. He reminds me of peak Fernandinho for Man City, but even better! Actually he's really not that far off Pirlo when he was at Juve and Milanm being the deep lying schemer. He's essentially our quarter back and wow what a quarter back he is!

5 hours ago, martyn said:

Stylistically he is far more like Pirlo than Fernandinho. The game is played at the pace he dictates.

He isn't at Pirlo's level, mainly because he still tends to throw in some sloppy passes and moments in amongst the sublime, but his awareness, composure and game intelligence is top level. 

Agree with both of these. Positioning and passing is Pirlo-esque but I have noticed that Tielemans almost always plays the way he is facing. He seems to have been coached into it even more over the last few months. Pirlo was the master at receiving the ball and making space with his body - I spent a whole game (poss Euro 2008) just watching him do that. Tielemans does have it in his locker, but the Rodgers way is more about assuring controlled possession and then working Tielemans back into a position where he is on the front foot. Maddison is the player given more licence to change direction and mix it up. 

• Like 1

superb performance all around, though hard to judge quite how good due to how awful WBA were.

I do feel its a shame this game didn't happen when we had more of the young lads on the bench as it would have been the perfect chance to give 1 or 2 a run out