Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

WBA Post Match Thread

I understand the need to avoid hyperbole but that was a massive game tonight given that quite a few of our top 4 rivals dropped points at the weekend.

I'm generally pessimistic, but I think too many people are being harsh tonight. We put the game to bed in the first half. Let's not forget that West Brom were competitive until the first goal went in, then we passed them off the pitch for the next 15 minutes and strolled it.

So, we seemed to take our foot off the gas a little. So what.

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

I think 7 was the biggest gap and that was with 9 games to play.

West Brom are done, they've got difficult games and not enough quality.

They had to win tonight really for any chance, they clearly didn’t turn up but I like to think we didn’t allow them to and totally outclassed them in midfield. 

18 minutes ago, Kingleicester said:

How dare the presenter of BT  associate savage of loving the club!!! Absolute bullshit just like when we won the league jumps on the band Wagon, you never mentioned us for the previous 15 years you little girl 

To be fair...

After retiring Savage was always to be seen in the KP. Interfaces with fans & welcoming...

also In the title year.....

He didnt Need to Jump on Amy Band wagon...

Hes just a crap commentator.!!

Ps..Dont forget he was our first Vardy....!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Damn Ive seen Brendan in a better mood after we've lost... Love it lol

he has such a winning mentality, an hes so measured, it never crossed his mind once that we wouldn't be challenging for the champions league again this season after last season.

• Like 1

Rodgers did seem a bit irritated and outright said that Kelechi needed to not lose the ball as much. I didn't notice Kel losing the ball at that much, but perhaps just psychology on Rodgers part to keep them all humble? He knows how good these players can be, and clearly knows we have an even higher level. We were a bit sloppy once we went 3 up to be fair.

But all in all, good win! Looked great at times. Castagne easily MoM for me, he blitzed that right hand side 🔥🔥🔥

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hales said:

I agree, Brendan gives Perez special treatment. I don't get it? Praet needs minutes to gain confidence and momentum after his injury. I get he is managing Ricardo but he needs time too. It's a little odd.

he has such fast feet and he draws play. he would walk into any team below halfway

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Rodgers did seem a bit irritated and outright said that Kelechi needed to not lose the ball as much. I didn't notice Kel losing the ball at that much, but perhaps just psychology on Rodgers part to keep them all humble? He knows how good these players can be, and clearly knows we have an even higher level. We were a bit sloppy once we went 3 up to be fair.

But all in all, good win! Looked great at times. Castagne easily MoM for me, he blitzed that right hand side 🔥🔥🔥

He knows this group are capable of winning the fa cup and grabbing that CL spot... he needs to ensure they don’t get carried away and think all they have to do is turn up, they have to keep on improving and getting better. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CloudFox said:

Kel’s decision making was slack. 3 on 3’s and shooting. Very Under esque 

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

To be fair...

After retiring Savage was always to be seen in the KP. Interfaces with fans & welcoming...

also In the title year.....

He didnt Need to Jump on Amy Band wagon...

Hes just a crap commentator.!!

Ps..Dont forget he was our first Vardy....!!!

He kissed the Derby badge in front of Leicester fans

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Always like Big Sam :D

More from Sam Allardyce: "You can see why Leicester are where they are in the league, and why they are in the cup final. We couldn't cope with them.

"We tried to get forwards when we had the ball but we were a long long way off where we have been. Leicester are a lot better than Southampton and far better than Chelsea - they are as good as the top boys. They are only behind Man City on that performance.

Always rated Big Sam... :whistle:

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Kel’s decision making was slack. 3 on 3’s and shooting. Very Under esque 

Oh I agree on that completely. Does that count as giving the ball away though? I mean they'd have got it anyway if it went in the back of the net 😅