Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

WBA Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, sishades said:

Man City, liverpool and Chelski all could not beat WBA at home. The only top team to beat them was our boys in blue.

Irrelevant. My point is, on a night like tonight when WBA helped us beat them by being so inept, we need to be ruthless like we were against Southampton. I’m not implying that we should win every game against poor sides, 9-0. 

• Like 1

I thought we played some really controlled, fluid football tonight. Yes, West Brom were poor but they were playing against a team that didn’t allow them the ball. We passed it around sweetly and swiftly and won it back repeatedly.

I thought Castagne, Ndidi and Evans were our three best players but all 11 starters did well.

Best moment of the game: our third goal.

Worst moment of the game: JV’s ‘look away now’ effort from the halfway line. Good job we were 3-0 up at the time!

Same again v Palace, please, lads.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Tielemans must be the best in the league when it comes to opening up defences with passes like that, surreal 

For me he is the best deep lying midfielder in the division. He reminds me of peak Fernandinho for Man City, but even better! Actually he's really not that far off Pirlo when he was at Juve and Milanm being the deep lying schemer. He's essentially our quarter back and wow what a quarter back he is!

7 minutes ago, lanefox said:

He kissed the Derby badge in front of Leicester fans

Yep...and I laughed...

He gave all for the Team he played for....including being an irritant on the pitch & for the terraces ...

A few generations later..enter Jamie Vardy...!!

I prefer to remember the Great Time he gave us at Leicester & how he got oppo-fans going...& Later we Fell for it ..Hook line & sinker..!! :crylaugh:

• Like 3

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That was your take from a comfortable 3-0 win?

Maybe BR sees something in Perez that some of the haters don't.

It was a professional performance.

Three goals and a clean sheet.

Relax, enjoy the win, we're third in the bloody PL !

Sense. 

20 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

To be fair...

After retiring Savage was always to be seen in the KP. Interfaces with fans & welcoming...

also In the title year.....

He didnt Need to Jump on Amy Band wagon...

Hes just a crap commentator.!!

Ps..Dont forget he was our first Vardy....!!!

Savage was nothing like Vardy. If we had a Vardy in those days (imho we didn’t) it would have been Steve Claridge. Savage was a bit-part player.

18 minutes ago, sishades said:

Man City, liverpool and Chelski all could not beat WBA at home. The only top team to beat them was our boys in blue.

I watched all of those games and they didn't leave huuuuuge gaps at the back in any of those games lol

As soon as they shut up shop we didn't score again

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For me he is the best deep lying midfielder in the division. He reminds me of peak Fernandinho for Man City, but even better! Actually he's really not that far off Pirlo when he was at Juve and Milanm being the deep lying schemer. He's essentially our quarter back and wow what a quarter back he is!

Stylistically he is far more like Pirlo than Fernandinho. The game is played at the pace he dictates.

He isn't at Pirlo's level, mainly because he still tends to throw in some sloppy passes and moments in amongst the sublime, but his awareness, composure and game intelligence is top level. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Stylistically he is far more like Pirlo than Fernandinho. The game is played at the pace he dictates.

He isn't at Pirlo's level, mainly because he still tends to throw in some sloppy passes and moments in amongst the sublime, but his awareness, composure and game intelligence is top level. 

Yeah Pirlo is the gold standard. When he was at Milan... jeez he was something else. One of my favourite ever players to watch, but Pirlo actually developed quite late... started as a 10 where it didn't work out, and it wasn't until his mid to late 20's that Ancelotti had the brain wave to play him deeper and partner him up with Gattuso to do the running for him. The rest as they say is history.

At his age, Tielemans is phenomenal. Incredible player!

3 minutes ago, martyn said:

He is only 23, so I have no doubt he can truly get to that level