Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Line-X said:

Odd that. I have a cousin, whose partner's niece's Dad's dentist also has a source very high up at Man City who insists he's definitely not. 

Fair enough mate, I really can't see what sort. Of kudos I'd get from making up a random piece of information like that. But go crazy if you want to act the goat me duck

18 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Randomly I've got an uncle who has a source that's very high up at Man City, he tells me Brendan is definitely talking to spurs. Whatever that means, probably nothing. 

What do Man City have to with anything lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think he'll do another 12-24 months here, then he'll move onto either United, Man City or Chelsea, depending on which one becomes available and how attractive it is at the time.

Don't think any of those are realistic.

He's made for Arsenal IMO.

49 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Randomly I've got an uncle who has a source that's very high up at Man City, he tells me Brendan is definitely talking to spurs. Whatever that means, probably nothing. 

Isn't that illegal if Leicester haven't given him or Spurs permission? 

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think he'll do another 12-24 months here, then he'll move onto either United, Man City or Chelsea, depending on which one becomes available and how attractive it is at the time.

United won't go for an ex Liverpool manager. Chelsea and Man City are very possible though. 

Just to play devils advocate and give abit of a counter to people saying he'll go Chelsea:

Chelsea will not hire Brendan Rodgers because of 2014 comment

Apparently, however, Rodgers will not be in the running for the manager’s role at Chelsea because of a comment from the Antrim man seven years ago.

The Athletic reports that Rodgers will never be in charge at Stamford Bridge because Chelsea’s hierarchy has not forgotten the veiled dig Rodgers took at the club in 2014.

After persuading Victor Moses to spend the 2013/14 season at Liverpool on loan from Chelsea, Rodgers insinuated that it was a step-up in terms of club size.

“It’s not easy when you come to a big club,” Rodgers told the Liverpool Echo after Moses struggled to find form upon his arrival. “You come from a really good club like Chelsea to a massive club like Liverpool, where there is expectancy every day.”

That comment has not been forgotten by the Chelsea higher-ups and would apparently dissuade them from looking at Rodgers as a potential appointment at the club.

Rodgers also drew the ire of Chelsea with his treatment of players he’d taken on loan from the Blues over the years and the fact that he preferred to portray himself as a protege of Jose Mourinho rather than a coach who had risen through the ranks of the club has not sat well with Abramovich.

As I said when making these points the other week, talk is cheap and money talks but just putting it out there.

Credit where credits due Rodgers has learnt from mistakes and continues to learn but he still has a fair way to go for a top club, continuing to tap it around, constantly doing the same thing, sideways, backwards, when we can't break a team down highlights that as we did last night, generally we've moved on in leaps and bounds from that this season but on occassions (As all managers do from time to time) it still creeps in and we looked clueless last night when it came to attacking intent until we went 1-0 down, then we decided to change things and looked alot better for it - shame we had to go 1 down for that change to happen.

Edited by Matt

41 minutes ago, Webbo said:

United won't go for an ex Liverpool manager. Chelsea and Man City are very possible though. 

Depends how we finish this season. Best scenario we finish top 4 and win FA cup those clubs will look at him. Worst scenario and we finish outside top 4 and don’t win FA cup he’ll be seen as a bottler. 

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Depends how we finish this season. Best scenario we finish top 4 and win FA cup those clubs will look at him. Worst scenario and we finish outside top 4 and don’t win FA cup he’ll be seen as a bottler

Pretty sure this type of rhetoric does not get aired in the board rooms tbh. lol

Just now, winteriscoming said:

Yes but to spend majority of 2 seasons in the top 4 and then not finish there will be seen as bottling it. 

That’s a Daily Fail headline, what is the background to such a (may not happen) failure. Blanket statements never tell the whole story.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

They don’t but I’m just saying what these clubs would be thinking imo. 

Clubs fans no doubt, not the clubs themselves, they cannot afford to trade in hyperbole was my point 

• Like 1

Who'd go to Spurs?   

It should hardly be a surprise that Brendan Rodgers is not leaping into his car and driving straight down the M1 in his eagerness to take the Spurs job.

The hard truth for Tottenham fans is that if Rodgers does decide to leave Leicester any time soon, he could do an awful lot better than Spurs. Spurs are skint for a start. They have a magnificent new stadium but paying for it is already bringing huge financial pressures.

Managers who work within the financial constraints caused by paying for a new stadium get scarce thanks for it: just ask Arsene Wenger.

Spurs, under Daniel Levy, have also become a byword for a club that lacks ambition on the field.

That’s why they got rid of Mauricio Pochettino when Pochettino told them they needed to rebuild the team. That’s why they made the disastrous vanity-project move to appoint Jose Mourinho. That’s why a host of managers ran straight into the arms of other suitors as soon as Spurs came calling. It looks as if their best player, Harry Kane, wants to leave in the summer. The squad still needs a rebuild. The fans are disillusioned with Levy and the owner, Joe Lewis.

The club made themselves a symbol of everything that was wrong with the Super League when they were allowed in even though they haven’t won the domestic league title for 50 years. It became a laughing stock when it was mocked by one of its own sponsors.

‘Spursy’ is gaining renewed currency as shorthand for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

Mourinho has left behind a divided, unhappy group of players, as he so often does. And the odds are that Spurs are about to miss out on the Champions League. Apart from that, Brendan, it would be a great move.

Oliver Holt, MoS.

• Haha 1