Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, OhYesNdidi said:

We’ve lost Harvey and now we don’t play with wingers :mellow:

He'll be back this summer.

31 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Whatever money they pay for a top Manager will be money well spent if it meant the likes of Son and Kane don’t want to push for a move at a reduced fee and the club are challenging the Top 4 over the next few seasons 

Levy is the problem at Spurs. I'm not sure any manager can do any better than Poch did & he got canned.

3 hours ago, HankMarvin said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9526441/Tottenham-NOT-given-securing-Leicesters-Brendan-Rodgers-head-coach.html

Tottenham refuse to give up on Brendan Rodgers with hope behind the scenes at Spurs that the Leicester boss will change his mind and quit the Foxes to take over from Jose Mourinho

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HankMarvin said:

Whatever money they pay for a top Manager will be money well spent if it meant the likes of Son and Kane don’t want to push for a move at a reduced fee and the club are challenging the Top 4 over the next few seasons 

While I totally agree it just doesn't seem to me to be spurs style. It was out of character to go for Mourinho but since that didn't work I really can't see them going for an expensive manager again. It wouldn't even surprise me if Levy hasn't even considered that he would have to pay compensation to Leicester and just assumes it'll be free because we are so inferior to his mighty  spurs!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gurru991 said:

Levy is the problem at Spurs. I'm not sure any manager can do any better than Poch did & he got canned.

Spurs had a great 5 years with Poch. That cycle came to and end but if Levy just spent some good money to rejuvenate the squad they could have gone again. Instesd the squad is stake and tired. The Mourinho appointment also set them back.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Koke said:

Spurs had a great 5 years with Poch. That cycle came to and end but if Levy just spent some good money to rejuvenate the squad they could have gone again. Instesd the squad is stake and tired. The Mourinho appointment also set them back.

Mourinho is a proven winner.

The only issue though, is that the football is sometimes worse than we got served up under Craig Levein. 

7 hours ago, Manini said:

I imagine Daniel Levy is the type of bloke who takes being told “no” very personally. He’s a weird, weird, bloke. 

Someone ought to tell him the Super League isn't happening. :fishing:

6 hours ago, peach0000 said:

While I totally agree it just doesn't seem to me to be spurs style. It was out of character to go for Mourinho but since that didn't work I really can't see them going for an expensive manager again. It wouldn't even surprise me if Levy hasn't even considered that he would have to pay compensation to Leicester and just assumes it'll be free because we are so inferior to his mighty
 spurs!

I can see them going in for a "safe" appointment myself after their flirtation with Mourinho.

It'll be someone from a European club with reasonable pedigree without being a "top club" appointment.

Unless Klopp walks in the summer, which is my wildcard guess as to who they'd go for. No way they try to pry Rodgers. They're too cheap, and they need a complete overhaul of their playing staff rather than a fine-tune of their existing squad, which Rodgers excels at.

I have a funny feeling we'll be having this conversation again in 2 or 3 years - but only if Spurs make the right appointment in the meantime and we fail to consolidate in the top 4, or at least top 6. At present, on merit, we're a better bet for any manager unless someone can offer them silly money - a PSG, a Man United, a Barcelona or a Man City. None of which are hunting for a new manager at present. Call me deluded, but that's the level we're currently on. It's a question of money to pry Rodgers away, and Tottenham don't have it and won't have it for years now they're lumbered with their new stadium's debt. The ESL collapsing will probably hit them harder than any other involved club bar the Spanish contingent, and I couldn't be happier.

They're going to fall into mid-table mediocrity with the backbone they currently have. Wouldn't upset me in the slightest if they did after having the nerve to call themselves an elite club after a thinner trophy haul than us in the past quarter of a century (2 league cups to our 2 league cups, one league title and potentially an FA Cup at the time of writing), but that's the reality for both North London clubs now after a while where the C***s looked like they were pulling clear of the A*se. And it's only the FA Cup that lets Arsenal claim that status with a straight face, after an appalling performance in the league in the past 10 years for a club of their supposed stature. I still respect them more than Spuds though, because they do at least still have the capability to win silverware that matters. No, the AUDI Cup does not bloody count.  :ph34r:lol

The only way Spurs pull out of this decline is by either finding some gems in their academy - unlikely at present with plenty of academies, ours included, seeming to have better prospects - or hiring someone willing to tear it up and start again without dragging the overall quality of their squad downwards. A Premier League Nigel Pearson, if you will.

:pearson:

Edited by OntarioFox
made it slightly more SFW lmao

38 minutes ago, Royston. said:

To be fair if you're going to appoint a manager to win you trophies and play in the champions league/ super league then 70 million is a fair price.

Plus wages obviously but if Levy was so determined he'd cough up.:rolleyes:

it implies that Rodgers would turn that squad around. The stars supposedly want out and the appointments in recent years, since Pocchetino's final year, have been gash for a club with supposed title and European ambitions. We geuninely have a better squad on paper, let alone a first XI, without even having had to break the bank but through good recruitment and a solid Academy system. It's why I'm not even that scared if we go into that final fixture needing a win to make the top four. We're better than them, at this point in time, by all metrics. Call it overconfidence, call it tempting fate, call it whatever. We are a better-run, better staffed and better-equipped club than Tottenham Hotspur on the field, and have been for at least 2 years now. They will not be breathing down our necks by then. They will be out of the running. If they catch us, I will personally purchase a rotisserie chicken, do things to it and post it on the F***ting C**k forum.

Diss Beaglehole all you like, but in the past few years we've enjoyed the development of the likes of Chilwell, Choudhury, Barnes and Thomas. We're on the cusp of a whole bunch of other exciting prospects breaking through too - Tavares, Suengchitthawon, Dewsbury Hall, Sowah, Knight, Daley-Campbel, Leshabela and Flynn have all been in and around the squad this season or tearing it up on loan elsewhere - partially due to injuries but also very much due to merit and a system that promotes young talent. Play our cards right and I might have just listed a number of our first-teamers in years to come as we establish ourselves as a true top-half Premier League team, if not better. It's ridiculously exciting and makes me proud to be a Foxes fan - but I also look elsewhere and wonder just where a fan of some of our rivals are going to find similar optimism from their squad and prospects...

Let's be real - they aren't even gonna compete for Europe, let alone the UCL or title, with a backbone based on Winks, Ndombele, Reguilón and Doherty, failing a miraculous turnaround in form to rival our own from 2015-16. Even if they did sign Bale, who has been pretty solid for them, it would be papering over the cracks of an apparent exodus of the actual talent in their squad, which has been apparent since the day the likes of Trippier, Erikssen and Vertonghen began to filter out the club for relatively affordable fees. Hell, they let a solid Mousa Dembélé go just because the Chinese Super League flashed the cash. That is not the sign of a club run with development in mind.

Levy runs Tottenham like a high-class Southampton. He will sell anyone for the right price, and placate the fans with an occasional marquee signing - which is exactly what Bale was. Kane will leave this summer, and Son and probably Alli won't be far behind. Once they leave, they'll be one of the most toothless sides in the PL - basically, what we feared we would be with Vardy out or misfiring until Seniorman decided he was a bit good at football. :ph34r:❤️

Edited by OntarioFox

I'd be shocked if BR left us for Spurs. We're a better side then them and can probably match them in terms of finances. United would be the only team in the premier league that I'm realistically worried about losing him too. 

14 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Rodgers is now the bookies’ favourite again after Ten Hag signed his new contract.

Bloke literally said he wanted to stay here. Other than saying "**** off", how else can he communicate this to them. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

It's a good sign when others want your manager and players.

Time to worry is when no one wants them! 

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Bloke literally said he wanted to stay here. Other than saying "**** off", how else can he communicate this to them. 

Exactly.

3 minutes ago, Babylon said:

If his agent had told them to jog on as there was no way he would consider leaving them for us then this wouldnt still be rumbling on in the background ........brendan is making all the right noises for his reputation to remain intact (he wouldn't want to look like he jumps ship at first sight of the next offer after leaving celtic mid season)

spurs are making the right noises to try and convince him by not looking elsewhere ......if they continue to say 'you're our man' despite him being happy here and despite the cost being v high to take him, then who knows where this ends up ......

• Like 1
  • Haha 1