Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Guest SO1
19 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Not a job to be touched with a ten foot pole in my opinion. Arteta there for almost two seasons and nothing seems to have changed. Major work to be done and the owners/administration don't seem to have a clue. Why would anyone go there when it looks like a boat without a motor. Beware working for American asset strippers.

4 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Not a job to be touched with a ten foot pole in my opinion. Arteta there for almost two seasons and nothing seems to have changed. Major work to be done and the owners/administration don't seem to have a clue. Why would anyone go there when it looks like a boat without a motor. Beware working for American asset strippers.

I think that manager run down says it all. Nobody inspirational on there bar Brodge and Allegri

Guest SO1
2 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I think that manager run down says it all. Nobody inspirational on there bar Brodge and Allegri

Simeone would inspire me as well but he'd have to be nuts to leave Athletico and a club that's built exactly to his specs.

I feel sorry for arteta, well sort of. He’s going to take all the blame but hes forced to sign players because of a dodgy agent connection. 

I hope their fall continues and people start to realise this big 6 nonsense is just that. 

Edited by Lambert09

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I feel sorry for arteta, well sort of. He’s going to take all the blame but hes forced to sign players because of a dodgy agent connection. 

I hope their fall continues and people start to realise this big 6 nonsense is just that. 

He was brought in because it allowed their wack job chairman to sign and dump players on him... 

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

No sympathy for Arteta. He’s an arrogant **** who believes his own hype and only got the job because he sat next to Pep for a while. 

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

Might as well read 'Ferguson' in place of him

Not happening. 

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Highest paid manager in the world, not a chance Arsenal would be able to get him

I was responding to a post saying were all uninspiring ...... DS is inspiring ...

If we finish in the top four, Rodgers giving up the Champions League for the likelihood of no European football, a much inferior squad and a club where the fans are completely against the owners (and quick to turn against managers) would be a very risky and odd move right now.

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

If we finish in the top four, Rodgers giving up the Champions League for the likelihood of no European football, a much inferior squad and a club where the fans are completely against the owners (and quick to turn against managers) would be a very risky and odd move right now.

Like with Levy at Spurs, those clubs aren’t going anywhere because of the idiots in charge. 

3 hours ago, SO1 said:

....funnily enough, it would be the right time to go there!!!

You could dictate everything that you want, they will give you everything and there is only one way to go. If the opportunity is there to take this job it will be now.

Should Rodgers jump then the only one on the list that makes any sense and would be the perfect fit for us would be Gasperini.

Brendan will continue to be linked to these ‘big’ clubs who are underachieving / on the skids. We are on a clear upward trajectory, and for that reason the likes of Spurs and Arsenal I don’t think are very attractive anymore.

Spurs are broke, and will require a big turnover of the squad soon. As for Arsenal - a much bigger restructuring job. 

Interestingly as well I don’t think the other big clubs in England would go for him - Chelsea, Man U, Liverpool etc…

I’d like to think we are a good fit for Brendan as much as he is a good fit for us.

Guest SO1
2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....funnily enough, it would be the right time to go there!!!

You could dictate everything that you want, they will give you everything and there is only one way to go. If the opportunity is there to take this job it will be now.

Should Rodgers jump then the only one on the list that makes any sense and would be the perfect fit for us would be Gasperini.

You're only as good as the people you surround yourself with. Hence Leicester City Football Club.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

I was responding to a post saying were all uninspiring ...... DS is inspiring ...

Oh yeah absolutely but the point being made is that there isn't any real, genuine inspiration. 

Just now, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Tonight is nothing to do with Rodgers, players failing to do the basics of their jobs, not showing the requisite desire, that's on the players.

This is two years in a row, it's on Rodgers just as much as the players, he's playing one of our greatest attacking threats in a 3 ffs, stick to your pub football. 

• Like 1

Rodgers tonight absolutely bottled it.

Easy decision to bring Praet in for a 433 and go to a back 4.

Hes completely thrown away all our hard work and I almost can’t quite believe he was dumb enough to do it because this isn’t hindsite, I was screaming all game louder every chance we got lucky with them missing.

I’ve said so many times this year he’s an ok manager but not a great one and tonight he’s gone over the edge.

I want him out at the end of the season if he doesn’t get us top 4. His decisions have cost us twice in a row and I want him gone!

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1