Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If his agent had told them to jog on as there was no way he would consider leaving them for us then this wouldnt still be rumbling on in the background ........brendan is making all the right noises for his reputation to remain intact (he wouldn't want to look like he jumps ship at first sight of the next offer after leaving celtic mid season)

spurs are making the right noises to try and convince him by not looking elsewhere ......if they continue to say 'you're our man' despite him being happy here and despite the cost being v high to take him, then who knows where this ends up ......

They have been looking elsewhere, if they haven't fully dropped the Brendan chase it will be one of a few possible reasons:
- He's their number 1 candidate and each time someone new gets ruled out they can't help glancing back at Brendan.
- Having rumours around our manager might unsettle our squad "whilst they and us lock horns for the final CL spot" (according to one of their posters).

- It's all clickbait bollocks.

Whatever the truth is he's not going to Spurs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Bloke literally said he wanted to stay here. Other than saying "**** off", how else can he communicate this to them. 

I agree. I'm just slightly surprised that people seem to enjoy it when other candidates for the Spurs job are ruled out. It just makes it more likely that they'll get desperate and keep coming back to Rodgers with more and more money. I don't think he'll go there either - I'll just feel better when the last trace of my anxiety about this is removed from my mind.

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I agree. I'm just slightly surprised that people seem to enjoy it when other candidates for the Spurs job are ruled out. It just makes it more likely that they'll get desperate and keep coming back to Rodgers with more and more money. I don't think he'll go there either - I'll just feel better when the last trace of my anxiety about this is removed from my mind.

They don't have the money to bring in Rodgers, not without ESL and not if they want to make the signings that Brendan would require to get their team back into shape.  Every new rejection isn't a step closer to desperately buying Brendan out, it's a step closer to settling for a mediocre replacement.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Carl the Llama said:

They don't have the money to bring in Rodgers, not without ESL and not if they want to make the signings that Brendan would require to get their team back into shape.  Every new rejection isn't a step closer to desperately buying Brendan out, it's a step closer to settling for a mediocre replacement.

Also doesn’t really matter if Levy does reluctantly decide to buy his contract out because all other options have failed. Rodgers would still have to wet the contract and he’s said he’s not interested. 

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If this shit keeps rumbling it's because certain clubs stand to benefit from any uncertainty we have around us. 

You can imagine Brendan being treated in the press as a right piece of work if he left us, a couple of years after leaving Celtic for Leicester under such a cloud.

I personally cant see it. We have a better squad than them, better owners and so many players of this squad are at an age where so much improvement lies ahead for many. Its also helpful he has already had a crack at a massive club in Liverpool so you would imagine there is no urgency to go to someone like Spurs who generally are huge under-achievers but talk like they are multiple champions in recent times.'

The good news for Brendan is he will no doubt be getting a pay rise in the summer after all these links

9 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I've been out the loop this morning so when I picked up my phone a short while ago and there's a Google headline, 'Rodgers can talk Kane into staying', I thought, What! Shit, he's gone'.

Click bait of course, yet another ex player suggesting what could happen if........

"Please Brendan help stop the sinking ship ..."

Why are we all so worried???

I think BR could use this to his advantage should he want to get busy in the transfer market with us.. not saying he hasn’t been backed at all.. he understands our philosophy on signings and how we sell big and buy cheaper.. just makes me wonder if he may go to the board with one or two more expensive proven players this time around..

1 minute ago, Rigga said:

I think BR could use this to his advantage should he want to get busy in the transfer market with us.. not saying he hasn’t been backed at all.. he understands our philosophy on signings and how we sell big and buy cheaper.. just makes me wonder if he may go to the board with one or two more expensive proven players this time around..

Will all depend on if we finish top 4 or not. He didn't exactly make a secret of it last summer saying things along the lines of adjusting his transfer targets because we didn't have champions league football

10 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Will all depend on if we finish top 4 or not. He didn't exactly make a secret of it last summer saying things along the lines of adjusting his transfer targets because we didn't have champions league football

Totally agree..

Top 4 though...we may have a substantial window. Although, I dont see a player being sold this summer..

The Spursy crowd have a poll running on pick a manager :fishing:

Hag has slipped the hook with his new Ajax contract and BR is the bookies favourite so I'm going for Big Sam to give the Spursy crowd the football they deserve.

Next Tottenham Manage

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Considering his wages here....Spurs aint a Manutd/Mancity/ L'pool with an high Financial wack...

To be fair, Spurs might have a longer bigger limelight tradition...But from the self-entitled Big 6,

their Financial Cloud is Not much bigger than our own....

Obvious Any Manager/player will also follow the ££s when its that Time in their career,But a manager will

want to achieve at a balanced high level, but also importantly a Chance & Freedom to create....it gives you History & a remembered name..

Being a manager at a Club where there passes a conveyer-belt of forgotten managers, leaves little trace...

Spurs wouldnt give Rodgers 3-5 years to build, hovering first between 3-7th, They dont have the required patience...

The Challenge with us, he has seen and Made the right First strides,that proves to him, with these owners and Club potential,

there is a name to be made , the pay aint bad, a successfull project with high-achievements potential over a few years is there to realise...

In 5-8 years, he will still be in his Middle 50s, a Good age, with a Top CV, proven-history, to go to One of the biggest Top 4 clubs in the world...

Unless he himself takes his & our Club  into that stratosphere...

Now that would be a story...turning down the Somebodies, for the Nobodies & make them into somebody everybody World Wide will Never forget...

Why in Brasil & USA, They will be naming their babies...Leicester

Sending Chelsea,Totts ,Becks,  Bubbles, & Paris-hylton into forgotten corners of history...

• Haha 1