Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

I still think Rodgers is Man Utd bound. OGS has had an unbelievable fluke of a season in my opinion. I can only see that kick slipping away next season and Man Utd looking for the ‘one’.  I think Brendan will be that one. Just my opinion though. 

2 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

This thread is pathetic. 

Like a bunch of cucks letting your Mrs do whatever she wants because you think she’s far too good for you anyway. 

So chain him to the training ground you reckon?

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

So chain him to the training ground you reckon?

My Mrs would batter me if I suggested that. Damn, I only suggested she reacquaint herself with the hoover last week and my black eye is finally subsiding. 

In all seriousness though, I’m not worried about Spurs. They are a genuine nothing team with a ground too big for them, an empty trophy cabinet, a want away talisman, a debt mountain no one wants to climb, a squad full of cvnts and some hideous squeeze doll things that would give children nightmares. This is not the stuff of dreams and certainly not what Brendan would want. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

My Mrs would batter me if I suggested that. Damn, I only suggested she reacquaint herself with the hoover last week and my black eye is finally subsiding. 

In all seriousness though, I’m not worried about Spurs. They are a genuine nothing team with a ground too big for them, an empty trophy cabinet, a want away talisman, a debt mountain no one wants to climb, a squad full of cvnts and some hideous squeeze doll things that would give children nightmares. This is not the stuff of dreams and certainly not what Brendan would want. 

Nah, I ain’t worried even slightly, it was more in response to the pathetic comment. He would be fool to leave now/this Summer.

Spurs are already  knackered after the bizarre Jose appointment, as that pay off and the stadium (as well as the likely 80m fine from ESL fun) will hand string them for a few years.

21 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Rudkin was at the ground yesterday, I wonder if the question was asked of him whether he's interested in the spurs job. I wonder if he was asked or volunteered to put out a statement turning down the job so as to not unsettle the players. 

Is rudders ever not at the ground for a game ? 

Brendan shines in teams imo where the players are looking to get to that next level. He needs time to get the players to buy into his system and style of play.

Claude Puel did a lot of that dirty work imo and the group were ready as the style didn't change vastly. BR increased the intensity and tactical awareness of the play, which imo isn't as difficult to do. 

The big clubs have big egos and clubs like United would need their whole style of football to be overhauled before they start seeing results, which the board may not accept. 

People are talking about punishment for the Big Six for the ESL saga, the greed and the unfairness of it.

Some are saying ban them or the like. I would say that is not good either as we all just want to compete. We Leicester would feel “robbed” as well if we cannot compete with the the ESL teams in the CL if we make it.

What is much better I would think is to punish them by taking away all these unfair practices and power imbalance away from them. To start off with, these teams should not be able to buy there way out by poaching our very best, including Rodgers.

It is ridiculous if you think about it that if Tottenham cannot compete, then the likes of Sherringham comes out to say go and poach Rodgers from us!! Go and get Fofana from us. Go and get Nachos from us. All by the Big Six teams! Basically, it is a different way of keeping the Big Six powerful without the ESL!! To me, I am sick of this and enough is enough.

So first punishment, put some limit on how they can poach players and coaches from other teams.

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

People are talking about punishment for the Big Six for the ESL saga, the greed and the unfairness of it.

Some are saying ban them or the like. I would say that is not good either as we all just want to compete. We Leicester would feel “robbed” as well if we cannot compete with the the ESL teams in the CL if we make it.

What is much better I would think is to punish them by taking away all these unfair practices and power imbalance away from them. To start off with, these teams should not be able to buy there way out by poaching our very best, including Rodgers.

It is ridiculous if you think about it that if Tottenham cannot compete, then the likes of Sherringham comes out to say go and poach Rodgers from us!! Go and get Fofana from us. Go and get Nachos from us. All by the Big Six teams! Basically, it is a different way of keeping the Big Six powerful without the ESL!! To me, I am sick of this and enough is enough.

So first punishment, put some limit on how they can poach players and coaches from other teams.

...wouldn't that be a restriction of practice!!!

We cannot enforce restriction on certain clubs, it is unfair and counter productive. Enforce the points deduction before the end of this season. Their supporters will then have to look to their owners and decide how to avoid this situation happening again. They (their supporters) have been quiet happy with the clout they have had since way back and this will be the price they will have to pay. 

Now some of these clubs will still make Champions league, and we can still be meeting teams which we would have fought so hard to meet on the playing field. If we choose to implement the deductions next season,  we would more than likely see the same outcome, with the Manchester clubs earning their place in the Champions League. 

9 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Post in thread 'Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager? (Nagelsmann voters need to re-vote)' post-2840543

Apparently brendan has taken the easy option rather than going to massive club spurs. Taken from the fighting cock.

There’s nothing wrong with being a small club but it must be awful to be a deluded fan of a small club that thinks it’s a big club. 

BR likes projects and likes to finish them. If he still feels his project here is not finished then he'll stick around. Once he feels that he's taken us as far as we can he'll move onto the next one. If he can leave Celtic (the club who he supports) in year of the treble treble (he probably thought that's about the most he can do there) he moved onto us. 

I think 1 more year. CL football maybe quarters, another good cup run and finish in the top 4 again and hell see that as project complete here. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, hejammy said:

BR likes projects and likes to finish them. If he still feels his project here is not finished then he'll stick around. Once he feels that he's taken us as far as we can he'll move onto the next one. If he can leave Celtic (the club who he supports) in year of the treble treble (he probably thought that's about the most he can do there) he moved onto us. 

I think 1 more year. CL football maybe quarters, another good cup run and finish in the top 4 again and hell see that as project complete here. 

Couldn't disagree more. Is it out of the realms of fantasy that he would think project complete when he delivers us another league title? 

14 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Couldn't disagree more. Is it out of the realms of fantasy that he would think project complete when he delivers us another league title? 

If you have your Leicester hat and blue tinted specs on then no you are correct. The moment you come back to reality (I am not saying that is not possible) if you were BR you'd have to think to your self about the probabilities. It honestly all depends on who comes knocking. I can't see him leaving for spurs or arsenal, but if any one of Chelsea, Liverpool, Man U or Man City come then he'll be gone. That's the reality of it. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I think he’ll fancy the continent (most likely Spain) .....but he will have to consider the impact on his young family of that upheaval ....they will be making friends now and I would hope they’re a happy unit in what should be comfortable surroundings.  As restrictions lift, those friendships should be cemented further .........

Guest bennytwohats
7 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

You’re looking at this through a very specific lens. We have benefited hugely from our activity in the transfer market, in particular is it fair that we’ve brought in a wealth of talent from other teams? Would that same limit apply to our transfer incomings? We wouldn’t have Rodgers or most of our first team in that case.

What exactly are you proposing? Just the teams who have finished higher than us shouldn’t be allowed to do it? What if they ban the actual top 6 in the league instead of just the big ones? Still keen for your plan?