Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

What getting under achieving teams to achieve 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Don't be ****ing stupid........

He sets up negative all the time.

Playing players out of position.

Obsessed with slow build up play.

If you can't see that your mental

5 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

He doesn't need to go but my god his decision making needs to be questioned.

That's his weakest ability for sure

No he doesn't need to go, nor do I think he should, i'm of the same opinion as last season regarding that.

As you say he (And the players) need questioning and to made accountable though.

He (And the players) get a free ride from so many people with so many excuses made.

Even more so 2 years in a row.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Probably worth a debate but inevitably it will turn into people calling Rodgers a c*nt and other people railing against fans who are upset that we’ve bottled it 2 years running.

It’s just raw isn’t it and as a figurehead for the team he’s obviously going to take some flak. I think the reason folk get personal and start saying stuff like that is because it defies logic, it’s hard to be reasonable. How we can look so assured for 30 games in a season, pick up some really valuable points and look mentally solid....and then for the last 8 games look like we belong in the championship. Im scratching my head mate. I’m a bit deflated because I really thought it was going to be different this year but it’s the same story, pretty much word for word, yet again. Just disappointed. 

• Like 1

The strangest thing for me tonight was that he panicked and gave up with a midfield after 63 minutes when it was 2-0. 2-0 is retrievable, as we went on to sort of show so why panic so early and leave us even more open than we already were

Just now, Fox85 said:

Don't be ****ing stupid........

He sets up negative all the time.

Playing players out of position.

Obsessed with slow build up play.

If you can't see that your mental

Mate we are 3rd in the league, watched cracking footie all year and in our first cup final in decades , he is doing ok 

and on the flip side your in here embarrassing yourself 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You can only do so much with the standard of players you have. Perhaps losing Evans and Soy’s absolute nightmare was his concern. There is an idea that our players are super special. Perhaps they have special quality but this isn’t just down to the manager.

If you think it’s down to the players tonight then you are not seeing the game or your playing devils advocate.

Castange at CB? Clueless. Albrighton at LB? Clueless. Ricardo expected to be a fullback when he’s half injured and not the same player he was? Clueless. 
Playing 5 atb with these weaknesses rather than relieving the pressure by adding bodies into the midfield is beyond madness. He has thrown away top 4 , for a 2nd time!

The fact we’ve got 2 back like it’s nothing sums up how good we are when we..wait for it...ATTACK! It’s actually annoyed more the fact weve scored, just like vs West Ham, we look better when we don’t play ‘scared’.

We play scares because Rodgers sets up scared. The definition of bottlejob just like Bournemouth last season when he took of Nacho at HT.

I want him out of the club if we don’t make 4. Even if we make top 4 somehow(no chance now for me), whilst I’d respect that all that matters is actually achieving it, I will NEVER be convinced by him because he has so many flaws its scary. 

1 minute ago, Izzy said:

I wonder who all these geniuses who want him gone would have instead?

They don’t actually want him gone I assume they’re just trolls who have never been to a game 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

If you think it’s down to the players tonight then you are not seeing the game or your playing devils advocate.

Castange at CB? Clueless. Albrighton at LB? Clueless. Ricardo expected to be a fullback when he’s half injured and not the same player he was? Clueless. 
Playing 5 atb with these weaknesses rather than relieving the pressure by adding bodies into the midfield is beyond madness. He has thrown away top 4 , for a 2nd time!

The fact we’ve got 2 back like it’s nothing sums up how good we are when we..wait for it...ATTACK! It’s actually annoyed more the fact weve scored, just like vs West Ham, we look better when we don’t play ‘scared’.

We play scares because Rodgers sets up scared. The definition of bottlejob just like Bournemouth last season when he took of Nacho at HT.

I want him out of the club if we don’t make 4. Even if we make top 4 somehow(no chance now for me), whilst I’d respect that all that matters is actually achieving it, I will NEVER be convinced by him because he has so many flaws its scary. 

Yawn 

1 minute ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

Mate we are 3rd in the league, watched cracking footie all year and in our first cup final in decades , he is doing ok 

and on the flip side your in here embarrassing yourself 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Net spend of what £9m since he arrived? Celtic have had a bigger net spend in transfers in the same time.

He has his flaws and he should be criticised for sure but folk wanting him gone need a reality check.

• Like 4

Brendan's achilles heel strikes again against Newcastle. It appears he just pays lip service to defending properly. What brainstorm was he having putting Castagne into a back three when Evans pulled out? Why take off Wilf and put Youri in his place at defensive midfield then realise what a decision that turned out be so brings Mendy on. Either you play a defensive midfielder or you dont. If you decide that you do then leave the best player in that role on the pitch. He's done wonders at this club so we have to take the rough with the smooth but I have a nasty feeling we'll never get over the winning line in any competition with this lack of attention in this area. 

6 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Castagne Fofana N'didi Soyuncu Thomas 

Mendy Tielemans 

Perez 

Iheanacho Vardy 

Would that have been so hard to do?

We had Castagne and Ricardo both playing right back, getting in eachother's way. 

We had the one footed right midfielder that is Albrighton cutting in every time he had the ball from left back, so when we lost it there was a huge gap that Soyuncu had to fill. Because our right back was playing in centre back, he was positioned too far right, so when Soyuncu shifted over it left Fofana isolated. 

Meanwhile we're playing two players in Maddison and Pereira who are so far from match fitness it's painful to watch.

I don't think I've ever been so furious at a team selection. Absolutely fvcking bonkers. 

And I'm a big fan. I just can't understand this. I need answers.

Yep. Exactly what I said prior to the game .... It seemed a crazy solution to a simple problem.

Let's have it right, he's doing a very good job but this idea that he's an elite level manager is so far wide of the mark. His arrogance in refusing to make changes and accept his mistakes is what holds him back. How can you he losing 4-0 and not change the shape at all. That's utterly embarrassing management sadly.

EDIT: Should have pointed out that the way the players were playing means we'd have lost regardless but doesn't forgive his stubbornness.

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 1