Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

8 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Ranieri couldn’t really sustain things, he was the right man at the right time for sure and will always be a legend for what he achieved here, but Rodgers is a different class of manager in my view. 

I agree. Although the recruitment didn't help Ranieri. He was given Musa, Slimani, Hernandez, Zieler etc after the title win. However, I still doubt he would get us the height Rodgers has gotten us if he was given these players. All speculation of course. But Rodgers is tactically superior and a better man manager.

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

I agree. Although the recruitment didn't help Ranieri. He was given Musa, Slimani, Hernandez, Zieler etc after the title win. However, I still doubt he would get us the height Rodgers has gotten us if he was given these players. All speculation of course. But Rodgers is tactically superior and a better man manager.

....if you flip this round, are you saying that Rodgers would have won the league in 2016!!!

What strikes me about a BR team is how well organised the team is going forward. Well drilled at attacking. Players always in the right place, making intelligent runs, overlapping, and we always look to go forward as soon as there is some space. Fair play Brendan, that doesn't happen by accident.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

What strikes me about a BR team is how well organised the team is going forward. Well drilled at attacking. Players always in the right place, making intelligent runs, overlapping, and we always look to go forward as soon as there is some space. Fair play Brendan, that doesn't happen by accident.

Having lost so many players over the season and still have us 3rd is unreal, losing Barnes the driving force going forward and also Maddison too but still picking up the points is top stuff 

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....if you flip this round, are you saying that Rodgers would have won the league in 2016!!!

He probably would have. There are people on here who claim Pearson would have won us the league in 2016 lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

My brother in law is a Southampton fan. He said after the semi final that not only do we have better players than Saints but we are tactically so far ahead of them it's not even funny. He commented on how organised and tactically astute our team is.

Edited by Koke

11 minutes ago, Koke said:

My brother in law is a Southampton fan. He said after the semi final that not only do we have better players than Saints but we are tactically so far ahead of them it's not even funny. He commented on how organised and tactically astute our team is.

That’s why we are 3rd ;) we’d say the same thing about Manchester blue! We’re a top team.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Lots of media speculation that Spurs have now made BR their No1 target.

Will he be tempted to go there?

At the end of the day money talks and he might fancy the challenge (monumental as it will be) to get Spurs some trophies?

I think it's too early for him. He would be rightly ridiculed in the media and football world too for leaving us now. 

I know people can throw the way he left Celtic in our face, but I genuinely think he will be with us at least another season. 

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

At the end of the day money talks and he might fancy the challenge (monumental as it will be) to get Spurs some trophies?

I’d be surprised. With the speculation surrounding Kane and if Spurs were to lose Kane, their squad would need a major rebuild. Perhaps a few years away from top 4 qualification. 

If Rodgers were to leave us, his stock has risen considerably and could potentially pick his next move, not only here but abroad. 

Nevertheless, I’d be interested to know from those who don’t rate him highly who we should go after as a replacement. 

14 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Then why will he go there? They're in huge debt, they won't be in the CL next year and the ESL has collapsed, meaning they'll need to keep their spending under control.

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I’d be surprised. With the speculation surrounding Kane and if Spurs were to lose Kane, their squad would need a major rebuild. Perhaps a few years away from top 4 qualification. 

If Rodgers were to leave us, his stock has risen considerably and could potentially pick his next move, not only here but abroad. 

Nevertheless, I’d be interested to know from those who don’t rate him highly who we should go after as a replacement. 

Who doesn't rate him highly? :nono:

Edited by ClaphamFox

On 23/04/2021 at 00:18, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Through my job, I get to speak to lots of different people in football (managers, players, coaches, executives etc) and they all privately speak really positively about Rodgers and our team.

The people who question his and our players ability most are Leicester fans lol

Mad when you think about it.

This is what success does though, it makes you want more which is natural. But it’s made a lot of our fans become self entitled. 

13 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Can’t remember where (I will try to find it) but I am pretty sure I read that if Spurs came in for him we would be willing to match/improve on whatever Spurs offer him

We already pay him £10m a year, Mourinho was on £15m a year and I doubt Spurs would be willing to pay him more than that

With the Celtic departure he was leaving a club where there wasn't really much else to realistically achieve for one of the most positive projects in world football with clear future ambitions and a great all-around backroom setup.  Spurs have a lovely stadium but what else to trump us? A great striker who always goes missing in big games and who might soon leave anyway? I can't see it.

Edited by Carl the Llama

Rodgers has done a great job. 

I was as frustrated as anyone else last season and my belief in him waived. Top marks for turning it around. 

The injury crisis has been worse this season than the end of 2020 when our form fell away. 

If he were to leave, I’d like to see him given a chance with England. 

He’s better than Tottenham now for me. He’ll be aspiring for a top top job at someone like a PSG, Man City, Bayern, Juventus etc. In all honesty if he joins anyone else that is a perceived step up from us, then he’s struggling to get that final step.

Not that I want him to leave, as I now want him to stay and win the Premier League with us :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

This is what success does though, it makes you want more which is natural. But it’s made a lot of our fans become self entitled. 

Part and parcel of our growth. 

I find it crazy his name isn’t getting thrown into the Manager of the Year conversation, I hear people talking about Pep, Solskjaer, Moyes and I’ve even heard a few mentioned Bielsa.

If and it’s a big IF, we win the FA Cup and finish top four and Man City don’t win the Champions League he is the manager of the season for me. Slightly biased perhaps, but the injuries we’ve had, he’s never complained or used it as an excuse and we just keep coming back and moving towards. He’s beaten all of the ‘Super League Six’ this season and on a fraction of the budget.