Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I reckon Ten Hag or Sarri.

Gerrard probably fine at Rangers until the Liverpool job comes up.

Might be sooner than later given that the owners are in the toilet with most supporters right now. If Klopp doesn't have the team firing 1st thing next season I expect Gerrard to pull a Rodgers.

If I was Rodgers, I wouldn't be interested in Spurs or Arsenal, the only English teams I would consider as a genuine step up with potential to improve my career would be the Manchester clubs or Chelsea. The rest are meh and likely to end in failure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Simmo86 said:

He’s got a great project here. It’s amazing to think a Leicester manager is not tempted by a job like Spurs, with some very good players. We are likely to be more loyal to Brendan than these hire n’fire clubs.

So the famous quote goes, “Trust, encouragement, reward, loyalty... satisfaction.”

• Like 3

Part of the appeal to join us must have been the fact that almost every position in the team bar the right wing was fairly solid (outside of an unproven Youri) and had scope for development.

The squad had considerable youth in Chilwell, Maddison, Gray,Barnes, Soyuncu, Benkovic etc. by the time B-Rod arrived. There was genuine reasons to believe we could make an impact.

Spurs haven't really got that to their squad. Their main players Kane and Son though far from finished are in their late 20s and even their great hope in Sessenonn is out of loan.

I'd say Spurs will improve in about a year or 2. Poch was effectively their Nigel Pearson and it'll take them time to get back to a more sound footing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

No point living in fear of what might happen. If Rodgers wants to go and there's an offer we have a decision to make. Until then it is all speculation. We've no idea what he'll be offered here or elsewhere.

I'm sure he's fully focused on the next 7 matches.

Its sad to me this comes up when anyone anywhere asks the question(bs media). The fact that it actually needs defending that he's not going to leave.

Celtic was a one off. There was no way he was going to stack bb's in the corner just to keep a job that gave him little in return. He did what he went there to do as in build his Rep. Think where he might be now if he was stuck there when fortunes stated turning as they have now. Square One

The only way Rodgers leaves is if the club stagnates. And we all know what that looks like.

If we win the FA Cup, I think he could be tempted to go to Spurs.

In all honesty he'd probably think it's as far as he could take us, winning a major

trophy and in the top 4 all season.

How long could he over achieve with us considering our spending power?

Spurs would be a challenging proposition to finally win something with them and take them

from a nearly team to a winning team.

• Haha 3

I disagree I think if we win the FA Cup and get top 4, his stock will be as high as anyone’s and could be in line for a proper top job. I mean a Top 10 side in Europe big.

Why would he risk his reputation on a Spurs team who look completely finished and in a mountain of debt? Don’t get me wrong he might like a challenge but currently a challenge for Spurs is getting into the top 4, he’s currently there. Surely next he’ll want a title/CL winning team?

His next job after us is a international job.Can see him replacing Southgate.If he goes to Spurs or Arsenal and fails his cv is in the gutter.So will be a failure  for another job.By the way my mrs gaffer lives next door to him and he says he loves it at Leicester. 

35 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Thats a dream job for Nagelsmann. No shame in that. Spurs are a bad joke compared to Bayern.

Hate putting them together in the same sentence.:)

Agreed but ultimately managing a Premier league club would be an ambition of many. Bayern are on track for I believe a 9th title on the trot. At least Spurs would be a challenge as hey win fudge all!!

1 minute ago, Analysethis said:

Agreed but ultimately managing a Premier league club would be an ambition of many. Bayern are on track for I believe a 9th title on the trot. At least Spurs would be a challenge as hey win fudge all!!

He is an actual Bayern fan though

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AshbyBlue said:

His next job after us is a international job.Can see him replacing Southgate.If he goes to Spurs or Arsenal and fails his cv is in the gutter.So will be a failure  for another job.By the way my mrs gaffer lives next door to him and he says he loves it at Leicester. 

Far too young for that.

3 hours ago, Analysethis said:

If Bayern and Spurs are in for you it's an absolute no brainer, you don't even need to think about it. 

One is a club who is steeped in history, competes season in season out for the biggest prizes in football and the other is, well Spurs. The leage they play in is completely academic.

If it stays together it's destined for greatness, this side. They're just coming to the boil all together. The manager, the players, the club itself even. I don't see us losing players this summer in the post COVID market. Even being cynical about it, players and agents will know if they wait a year or two they'll get a much bigger salary. I think even the hardest agents would advise Tielemans, Barnes, Soyuncu to stay put for at least another year.

It has a feel of a side with the ingredients to win things to me.

• Like 1

I doubt there are many mangers that are better at nurturing young talent, you think of tielemans, Justin, fofana and nacho. The guy is one of the best around at what he does without question, not a cheque book manager 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

1 hour ago, Haydos said:

Made the right changes in the 2nd half, hats off to him. Not only the right subs but there were definitely tweaks to the shape and tempo that they failed to adjust to. Great to see. 

He managed to allow Maddison a lot more space after half-time. It paved the way for the pressure to build for Castagne's goal. And then we seemed to get the ball quicker out to the wings to build pressure for Iheanacho's goal. 

5 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Part of the appeal to join us must have been the fact that almost every position in the team bar the right wing was fairly solid (outside of an unproven Youri) and had scope for development.

The squad had considerable youth in Chilwell, Maddison, Gray,Barnes, Soyuncu, Benkovic etc. by the time B-Rod arrived. There was genuine reasons to believe we could make an impact.

Spurs haven't really got that to their squad. Their main players Kane and Son though far from finished are in their late 20s and even their great hope in Sessenonn is out of loan.

I'd say Spurs will improve in about a year or 2. Poch was effectively their Nigel Pearson and it'll take them time to get back to a more sound footing.

Topp or Levy....Deal breaker!

• Haha 1