Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 hours ago, one F in Fox said:

If we win the FA Cup, I think he could be tempted to go to Spurs.

In all honesty he'd probably think it's as far as he could take us, winning a major

trophy and in the top 4 all season.

How long could he over achieve with us considering our spending power?

Spurs would be a challenging proposition to finally win something with them and take them

from a nearly team to a winning team.

?????...He's just starting!

We have an amazing club, and I would imagine, a great work environment!? 

Brendon has an almost blank palette. If he gets it right? He will walk into any job he wants!

He isn't walking away from this.... it's a free hit, and he seems to genuinely love the club!

I'm sure he's bought into the Vichai dream, and is on board!

This is the best Leicester side, I can remember in my 50 years of supporting them..... Including the title winners!

If we get Champions League? Then we are moving into a different level for LCFC!

When you're smiling! :scarf:

• Like 1

I hope I am wrong but is ominous that he could easily rule himself out of the job but continues to leave 

the door open.The compensation , rumoured to be over £20 million to get him and his backroom team

could be positive, Their squad is poor and again this could deter him. More likely is the Gooners get taken over

and look to appoint a manager with a much better track record than Arteta., then I think he would go.

Because of the Celtic exit , he does not fill me with confidence than this job is no more to him than a stepping stone

16 hours ago, one F in Fox said:

If we win the FA Cup, I think he could be tempted to go to Spurs.

In all honesty he'd probably think it's as far as he could take us, winning a major

trophy and in the top 4 all season.

How long could he over achieve with us considering our spending power?

Spurs would be a challenging proposition to finally win something with them and take them

from a nearly team to a winning team.

I’d expect him to be quite excited about the extra revenue gained from Champions league qualification and the prospect of us keeping all the stars.

2 hours ago, Winsum said:

I hope I am wrong but is ominous that he could easily rule himself out of the job but continues to leave 

the door open.The compensation , rumoured to be over £20 million to get him and his backroom team

could be positive, Their squad is poor and again this could deter him. More likely is the Gooners get taken over

and look to appoint a manager with a much better track record than Arteta., then I think he would go.

Because of the Celtic exit , he does not fill me with confidence than this job is no more to him than a stepping stone

He did rule himself out didn't he?

12 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I’d expect him to be quite excited about the extra revenue gained from Champions league qualification and the prospect of us keeping all the stars.

Yes, I would be surprised if he left a champions league team to one not even in Europe. But if we have a bad start next year due to crazy fixture concentration, and the injuries pile up again, I can see him being tempted. 

• Like 1

Bayern Munich today announced that Julian Naglesman will be their head coach next season, and have paid RB Leipzig 25m to break him from his current contract. 

If Man United, Man City, Chelsea, etc want to break Brendan from his contract and spend that much money to do so, then it will happen. I'd be sad, but you couldn't begrudge him the move as he's proved what a great manager he is and taken the team and squad to a new level. I do harbour some hopes that he might decide that Leicester is a place he wants to stay at for a very long time and perhaps if we show we can genuinely challenge for the top honours he might do so. But he's good enough to be challenging at the top of the game and if given the opportunity will take it at some point.

• Like 2

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/transfers/2020-2021/jesse-lingard-to-push-for-man-utd-exit-dortmund-set-erling-haaland-price-transfer-notebook_sto8293204/story.shtml

RODGERS DOESN'T WANT SPURS SWITCH

Brendan Rodgers is not interested in the vacant managerial position at Tottenham Hotspur - yet his success this season is unlikely to earn him an improved deal at current club Leicester.

After a season in which the Foxes are in line to qualify for Champions League football and have an FA Cup final to look forward to, it would be logical to assume he might be about to land a pay rise.

Yet his current contract is so impressive that it will be tricky for Leicester to offer much more cash.

It is thought Rodgers earns around £10m-a-year in line with the contract he signed with Leicester in 2019.

That makes him one of the league’s highest earning managers already.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.eurosport.co.uk/football/transfers/2020-2021/jesse-lingard-to-push-for-man-utd-exit-dortmund-set-erling-haaland-price-transfer-notebook_sto8293204/story.shtml

RODGERS DOESN'T WANT SPURS SWITCH

Brendan Rodgers is not interested in the vacant managerial position at Tottenham Hotspur - yet his success this season is unlikely to earn him an improved deal at current club Leicester.

After a season in which the Foxes are in line to qualify for Champions League football and have an FA Cup final to look forward to, it would be logical to assume he might be about to land a pay rise.

Yet his current contract is so impressive that it will be tricky for Leicester to offer much more cash.

It is thought Rodgers earns around £10m-a-year in line with the contract he signed with Leicester in 2019.

That makes him one of the league’s highest earning managers already.

Probably gets a big bonus for CL qualification though!

I know the BIG clubs are all a short sighted, greedy bunch of cnuts but surely they'd wait til Rodgers has secured CL and at least got us through the qualifiers next season before trusting him to manage them.

Our success is down to top class recruitment and allowing Rodgers to develop them.

Can't see big clubs taking that approach rather than chuck multi millions at it and expect success.

37 minutes ago, Royston. said:

I know the BIG clubs are all a short sighted, greedy bunch of cnuts but surely they'd wait til Rodgers has secured CL and at least got us through the qualifiers next season before trusting him to manage them.

Our success is down to top class recruitment and allowing Rodgers to develop them.

Can't see big clubs taking that approach rather than chuck multi millions at it and expect success.

There are no CL qualifiers.

Arsenal, I would imagine the same as Spurs.. Chelsea and Man U  seem settled with their managers right now so that only really leaves man city or Liverpool. No way are man city parting with pep for the next few years so that really only leaves Liverpool.

If klopp decides to leave after this disastrous season ( unlikely) then I wonder if they’d coming knocking for him again? He might feel like he has a point to prove there

other than that, he’d have to go abroad for a step up from us.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

Arsenal, I would imagine the same as Spurs.. Chelsea and Man U  seem settled with their managers right now so that only really leaves man city or Liverpool. No way are man city parting with pep for the next few years so that really only leaves Liverpool.

If klopp decides to leave after this disastrous season ( unlikely) then I wonder if they’d coming knocking for him again? He might feel like he has a point to prove there

other than that, he’d have to go abroad for a step up from us.

I imagine Liverpool are probably keeping an eye on Gerrard for whenever Klopp leaves anyway

I can see Chelsea or Man City being where he would leave us for, but like you say they are both pretty comfortable with Tuchel and Pep

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Winsum said:

Wrong he has said twice times ..on Sky & again in BBC, he is Not interested in going anywhere, with an whole Exploration why..!!

..What I find Sick is  this Forum & certain group of fans keep bringing it up....

I Dont even understand pundits who have  heard/seen his statements Bit still wont let it go....How many morons does the Football World have

to prove it can produce....

Rodgers knows he's got a great job here. The Leicester City job is actually one of the best jobs in Europe, outside those elite clubs. The recruitment is phenomenal, the squad is very good, and the expectations are relatively high but not crazy high. Its a dream job. The club doesn't stand still and Rodgers knows that. He'll get a few more players in the summer and move a few out and give Europe a good go. Players Lap want to join us because they know they'll play under a good manager and if they succeed they will not be held hostage like Spurs do to their players. They will be sold per their wish for the right price.

I really do get sick and tired of all this claptrap about Rodgers "interested" or being linked to another Club. The whole of football knows he is a successful manager. Leicester City know he is a good manager probably one of the best we've ever had and the day will eventual come when there is a parting of the ways but that is for the future not now.

Remember there are very, very few Clubs across the world who have owners like ours, decent and honest people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I really do get sick and tired of all this claptrap about Rodgers "interested" or being linked to another Club. The whole of football knows he is a successful manager. Leicester City know he is a good manager probably one of the best we've ever had and the day will eventual come when there is a parting of the ways but that is for the future not now.

Remember there are very, very few Clubs across the world who have owners like ours, decent and honest people.

I’d be more concerned if none of the so called bigger clubs would touch him with a barge pole... and that there were no links to other jobs at all..

Edited by MPH

I'd have found it odd that he'd have walked if we qualified for the Champions League. All that effort and the narrative about breaking in to the section and then leaving before giving it a go doesn't seem logical. Getting to a cup final (and hopefully winning it) should give him the taste for more of that.

If Tuchel stays for another year and the Chelsea job becomes available in summer 2022 then that's a more natural move and break point if it occurs.

2 hours ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

There are no CL qualifiers.

Don't 4th place teams have to go through a round of qualifiers before entering the CL? I remember Spurs and Pool almost losing their qualifiers and people losing their sh1t on social media