Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

32 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Lots of media speculation that Spurs have now made BR their No1 target.

Will he be tempted to go there?

At the end of the day money talks and he might fancy the challenge (monumental as it will be) to get Spurs some trophies?

Its just a bunch of crap from a shit team with no vision of the future or how to get there. They're years behind us and no manager will make it right. And Levy to boot.

Just look at United. All the money in the world and they still can't get their shit together.

Crap article by a crap paper. Thanks for not posting it.:D

Edited by SO1

12 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....strange, that should a poster on here voice anything along those lines he would be viewed as a moaner and be instructed to take a look at the table!!!

Think Brendan gets a little more kudos than most posters on here.....  :D

On 23/04/2021 at 00:18, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Through my job, I get to speak to lots of different people in football (managers, players, coaches, executives etc) and they all privately speak really positively about Rodgers and our team.

The people who question his and our players ability most are Leicester fans lol

Mad when you think about it.

....a bit like the Southampton supporters that wanted Puel out, when he had got them a top 10 finish and a cup final...what were they thinking, delusional!!!

We got to find out in the end, it did not end well.

45 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....strange, that should a poster on here voice anything along those lines he would be viewed as a moaner and be instructed to take a look at the table!!!

It shows to me that Rodgers have high expectations for this team and for himself and isn't just "happy to be there".  I was really happy with those comments he made. And on reflection even the Iheanacho criticism is fine by me because he expects more than a purple patch from Kel. 

• Like 1

I'd love Rodgers to stay and I don't think Spurs are a big enough club to lure him away. But he did leave Celtic mid season and I appreciate the context by he left but Rodgers is ambitious and he could leave us mid season next season if the Man Utd or Chelsea job became available. Not Spurs though.

• Like 1

I think we could quite easily lose Rodgers if we fail to qualify for the champions league. 

Each year it gets harder to do, even more so with a declining Vardy. This is quite clearly the year to do it if we want to bridge the gap.

Other than champions league, there’s not much between the clubs at the minute but I can see why Spurs could lure him in. 

In terms of clubs of course Spurs are bigger and yes they have a larger turnover. But in terms of wages they don't spend that much more than us, because they have huge liabilities. At some point there is great potential there when they've lowered that, but that's not now. In fact it's the worst time to go there IMO. Kane likely to want out, squad needing an overhaul and probably not much money to do it with, other than whatever they get for Kane (which will probably be next summer anyway).

The one I'm more worried about is Arsenal if they get rid of Arteta, I think they are underperforming far more considering what they've got. Their debt isn't very high, high turnover and I think far more scope to change the squad IMO. Just depends on whether Rodgers fancies the turmoil that seems to have surrounded them for years now. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Some good'uns from TFC this arvo...

898988706_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_44_40.thumb.png.e54c227c1822d2a8521181d43732460a.png

1378434560_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_52_09.thumb.png.3015987ed2231cdbeb6804138bd860bc.png

1297006804_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_50_50.thumb.png.92c15c83b22cd018942b12eee3d43ae6.png

1093304309_Screenshot2021-04-26at13_54_58.thumb.png.ea6235da577752c7ca0eee48f20f2461.png

This is the problem with the media’s “big 6” nonsense, it’s given anyone connected to Spurs some serious delusions about the size of their club, they’re closer to us in size than they are Manchester United and Liverpool, I truly believe that, the term “big 6” makes them and others think all 6 clubs are giants of the game when in truth most of us are baffled by Spurs’ inclusion.

• Like 4

Spuds are in a mess. Gone progressively downhill since they "pushed us all the way" in 2016, shackled by £600m debt and a toilet bowl stadium they cant use.

When Kane and then Son go they'll only reinvest part of that - as Levy will want his cut -  and they'll jiz away the rest like they did when Bale went.

"Spursy" became a defining word for a reason.  

Just now, Yes said:

This is the problem with the media’s “big 6” nonsense, it’s given anyone connected to Spurs some serious delusions about the size of their club, they’re closer to us in size than they are Manchester United and Liverpool, I truly believe that, the term “big 6” makes them and others think all 6 clubs are giants of the game when in truth most of us are baffled by Spurs’ inclusion.

As I posted last week, it's partially a result of the media over the last 10-15 years hyping the 'race for the top 4' and pundits and fans demanding that their clubs spend hundreds of millions to make the Champions League. Those same fans and pundits decried greed in football last week, but these clubs' sense of entitlement is so ingrained in English football they fail to see it in our own league. 

Spurs broke into the CL in 2009/10 and have been more or less challenging for it ever since, which is really the period that the top 4 has become almost as important as actually winning the league.

• Like 1

I suppose after the Mourinho stint we should be a little concerned at the attraction of spending a year dossing about in London then picking up a bumper paycheque to fvck off again.  Honestly though that's the only thing I can come up with and I've been thinking about this for a while over laundry.  Brendan strikes me as someone with a lot more ambition than that though, maybe later in his career for a nice cash-injection to his nest egg.

I’ve always said that Rodgers will leave but it will have to shake the bottler tag before he leaves (or he’s failed). He knows that. It’s very evident in his recent interviews which have been a bit spiky and away from the ‘bigger clubs’ stuff he was coming out at the end of last season. 

He knows he cracks that, the bigger fish come calling. Bigger than Spurs. He can shake the bottler tag here with lesser expectations. Why place yourself in a situation what means a good couple of years work with an expectation of must be top 4? 

• Like 1