Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I don't know what Rodgers release clause is exactly but it won't be small, definitely will be in excess of 25m given the enormous contract we're paying. They're saying Naglesman is 25m euros and a record fee. The club are fairly well protected on him to be honest.

It's whatever it costs to buy out his contract. Multiply whatever he is on per week by the amount of weeks left on his deal. Won't be cheap.

3 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

It's whatever it costs to buy out his contract. Multiply whatever he is on per week by the amount of weeks left on his deal. Won't be cheap.

£40million

£10million a year with 4 years left

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Did no-one see this?

Brendan Rodgers says Tottenham a 'fantastic, huge club' but he's very happy at Leicester as he dismisses links and pays tribute to 'world class' Jose Mourinho after sacking (talksport.com)

Edit: I know its TalkSport, but they say something I like, so...

Edited by Dahnsouff
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think Rodgers really believes he can achieve a lot here and honestly sees himself at somewhere bigger in the future than Spurs. We would have finished above Spurs in 3 of last 5 seasons, plus we have won the title, they aren’t all that and not worth leaving a club on the up to one that has gone backwards. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think Rodgers really believes he can achieve a lot here and honestly sees himself at somewhere bigger in the future than Spurs 

I think Brendan believes he can put himself in a big European window with Leicester when looking towards his next job

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I think Brendan believes he can put himself in a big European window with Leicester when looking towards his next job

People might not be able to take it in, but it is a sideways step and I’m sure people that aren’t involved with either club would agree. They don’t offer massive wages or pay out big transfer fees especially with the stadium. The honest truth is this, Rodgers is more likely to win something with us than at Spurs 

• Like 2

Anyone who thinks that the Spurs job wouldn’t be massively tempting is deluding themselves. It’s a big club. It’s a big city - a millionaires playground. It’s a club unfamiliar with success in recent years, which helps manage the expectations. There are a ton of reasons to accept, if offered. There are also a ton of excellent reasons to stay here, too. Wonder if the appalling nature of the ESL scandal might be an influencing factor? Would he really want to be associated with a club that operates so brazenly without a moral compass? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Spurs will try hard to get Brendan and he'll obviously be temped but I think we'll move heaven and earth to keep him and match Spurs offer.

If we get champions league it should be enough to keep him.  

They couldn't justify the buyout clause. There is zero resale value. If he has a bad spell and was sacked? They are out both the 7 figure payout to lcfc and whatever personal payout he would be owed.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Anyone who thinks that the Spurs job wouldn’t be massively tempting is deluding themselves. It’s a big club. It’s a big city - a millionaires playground. It’s a club unfamiliar with success in recent years, which helps manage the expectations. There are a ton of reasons to accept, if offered. There are also a ton of excellent reasons to stay here, too. Wonder if the appalling nature of the ESL scandal might be an influencing factor? Would he really want to be associated with a club that operates so brazenly without a moral compass? 

They also have high expectations, that can’t be met... with levy unwilling to fund what is needed for them to get close to the top six.. sorry but a title win and likely to finish above them for 3/5 seasons, I’m not blinded by the media hype around them. The stadium investment like with arsenal leaves them in a weird position 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Lets put it this way, come the summer we might the a champions league team and an FA Cup winner. How much further could he go? I'd like to think he'd see next year out and really try and establish us. 

I reckon he would like a Chance of couple of Cracks at CL....with Leicester...

Plus hoping they would be a couple of Covid -free ( or with more fans in the stadium) seasons.

No point living in fear of what might happen. If Rodgers wants to go and there's an offer we have a decision to make. Until then it is all speculation. We've no idea what he'll be offered here or elsewhere.

I'm sure he's fully focused on the next 7 matches.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Corky said:

No point living in fear of what might happen. If Rodgers wants to go and there's an offer we have a decision to make. Until then it is all speculation. We've no idea what he'll be offered here or elsewhere.

I'm sure he's fully focused on the next 7 matches.

I feel our club is always thinking in the future, so probably have a short list drawn up already 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

Its a shame Nagelsmann has decided to join Bayern as I thought he would be a good fit for Spurs.

I think as a football man who has managed Celtic and especially Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers will look at his squad, expansion plans for the stadium, new training grounds and our owners and stay put. He cant possibly look at there squad and think he has better tools to work with than we have. The only way he goes is for the reported 15m a year salary but I think with all these young players of quality we have that he goes nowhere. 

Personally I do not think he would go even if Levy has the purse to tempt him however, if BR chose to go then we move on.

He would be stupid as we have the potential to be a Top 4 challenger for the next 5-10 years and he will get a Top club coming in for him if he really wishes to move in the next 3-5 years.

IF he chose to leave I trust our owners 100% to get it right and would not lose any sleep - our club is one of the best run in Europe and we only want someone leading our fantastic club who wants to be here!!!

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

They will attempt to go for Rodgers, I’m sure of that and I’m confident he stays. I think they will end up getting Steven Gerrard.

I reckon Ten Hag or Sarri.

Gerrard probably fine at Rangers until the Liverpool job comes up.

I don’t know who they can go for in all honesty. They can’t afford to go with an unproven manager incase it goes badly wrong, on the other hand I can’t see many top managers wanting to go there. Squad is a mid table side apart from Son and Kane. They will need about 7 signings to drag them into top 4 contention. 

Just now, StanSP said:

I reckon Ten Hag or Sarri.

Gerrard probably fine at Rangers until the Liverpool job comes up.

Sure it’s not improbable for either, it’s just a feeling I get that they start getting knocked back by relatively big names. They could end up going for Gerrard.

20 minutes ago, Analysethis said:

Its a shame Nagelsmann has decided to join Bayern as I thought he would be a good fit for Spurs.

I think as a football man who has managed Celtic and especially Liverpool, Brendan Rodgers will look at his squad, expansion plans for the stadium, new training grounds and our owners and stay put. He cant possibly look at there squad and think he has better tools to work with than we have. The only way he goes is for the reported 15m a year salary but I think with all these young players of quality we have that he goes nowhere. 

Thats a dream job for Nagelsmann. No shame in that. Spurs are a bad joke compared to Bayern.

Hate putting them together in the same sentence.:)