Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Here is my list of fact based problems facing BR.

Tielemans is peeved that Dennis Praet was loaned out.

Castagne is peeved because Tielemans is peeved. 

Ndidi is peeved because Iheanacho isn't being picked.

Lookman is peeved because Ndidi is peeved. 

Iheancho is peeved because Ndidi and Lookman are peeved.

Schmeichel is peeved because Vestergaard isn't being picked.

Soyuncu is peeved because Under wasn't signed.

Evans is peeved because every other player is peeved at Rodgers.

So, this means we should only have one nationality per signing, we should never ever sign more than one player from an individual country, fact!

Or, sign only from one country, perhaps England to please the nationalists, or even better, sign only players from Leicestershire within a radius of 5 miles from KP and/or Seagrave. 

Is Rodgers peeved? 

10 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

So, this means we should only have one nationality per signing, we should never ever sign more than one player from an individual country, fact!

Or, sign only from one country, perhaps England to please the nationalists, or even better, sign only players from Leicestershire within a radius of 5 miles from KP and/or Seagrave. 

To be fair you probably are not wrong! 😆

Edited by Hales

8 hours ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Wow there is a team worse than us at conceding set pieces… 

8 hours ago, hejammy said:

Which team is worse than us for set piece goals conceded? Jeez they must be awful! :o

Palace. 

4 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Whit??

The only parts of that, that we actually KNOW to be true is that Praet was loaned out. Under wasn't signed and Nacho and Vestegaard aren't starting games. Everything else is guess work on your part. Both the reasons why people are unhappy or even that they ARE unhappy. 

Hardly the basis to implement a whole new recruitment strategy on. 

Guest Danny Clender
Just now, Scotch said:

Whit??

The only parts of that, that we actually KNOW to be true is that Praet was loaned out. Under wasn't signed and Nacho and Vestegaard aren't starting games. Everything else is guess work on your part. Both the reasons why people are unhappy or even that they ARE unhappy. 

My Cousin lives in Scotland...I'm peeved at you right now!!

Guest Danny Clender
2 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Whit??

I'm trying to draw irony and parody and put to bed that quite a few fans believe in these theories, sorry, for the dry confusion. 

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

I'm trying to draw irony and parody and put to bed that quite a few fans believe in these theories, sorry, for the dry confusion. 

My applies for not picking up on your sarcasm. 

Also.... I think I know your cousin.... is he the one that bothers all the sheep? 

Guest Danny Clender
Just now, Scotch said:

My applies for not picking up on your sarcasm. 

Also.... I think I know your cousin.... is he the one that bothers all the sheep? 

That's him...yes. 

I have to tell you this too, he wears no underwear :doh:

I remember in our first season with Rodgers and we went on that amazing run, we didnt look that great tactically, we werent creating that many chances most games but Vardy was somehow scoring from half a chance every single game. I think the debate of whether it was players or tactics that got us 5th place 2 seasons in a row and an FA cup is over, it was clearly mostly due to ability of the squad we have as we've had too many tailspins with Rodgers being clueless as how to fix them. Rodgers is a bit like Ranieri, made the right decisions at the right time for us to win a trophy, but when you take players of exceptional quality out of the equation (such as kante), you realise that both managers are, ability wise, not Europe quality.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Ricey said:

It’s likely we’ll have a few players leave over the next couple of seasons due to the contract situation and what worries me is how poor a lot of the signings have been under Rodgers. Fofana and Daka are the only two that you could say have been successes and it’s still early days for Daka.

”Transfers start and finish with me” he told me a few weeks back, so he does have the final say on who comes in.

Our best players throughout Rodgers time here have been players that were already here.

When did you speak to him?

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I remember in our first season with Rodgers and we went on that amazing run, we didnt look that great tactically, we werent creating that many chances most games but Vardy was somehow scoring from half a chance every single game. I think the debate of whether it was players or tactics that got us 5th place 2 seasons in a row and an FA cup is over, it was clearly mostly due to ability of the squad we have as we've had too many tailspins with Rodgers being clueless as how to fix them. Rodgers is a bit like Ranieri, made the right decisions at the right time for us to win a trophy, but when you take players of exceptional quality out of the equation (such as kante), you realise that both managers are, ability wise, not Europe quality.

I don’t get how you can make that assumption tho? Most of these players have reached their peak ability in their career so far under Rodgers. Yet he doesn’t get praise for that, he only gets blamed when it doesn’t work, that doesn’t make sense. Whenever we do well it’s a combination of Rodgers coaching and players performing. Going forward yday you could tell the players had been coached well, they were making good runs into the correct positions. 

As for the defence, you can tell they’re not being coached well enough as none of them have any confidence.

8 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

Ok. I am now bordering on Out. 

You can have good performances and it not go your way (see Chelsea v West Ham the other day) which is rubbish it but it happens.

I said to my mate today when he asked my prediction - 2-1 Villa (poss 3-1) and they get a set piece goal. 

When we're this predictable... something has to change. 

I want him to be given time to change because it is TOO easy just to sack and move on. I want him to acknowledge and improve. I want him to go "yeah, this isn't working so let's mix it up". Worst thing someone can be is stubborn when things clearly aren't working.

Fun fact - on average, goals are scored in 4% of corners. So what the hell is up with us?

The problem for me is how does Rodgers, if he's to remain manager, turn it round from here?

Either he changes his ways and philosophy in order to try and get the best out of the players he has (including defending set peices) or, we buy in the players in that Rodgers wants to fit the system he wants to play.

I just can't really see the former happening. Personally though, neithrr do I have any faith whatsoever in Rodger's ability to pick a player and I genuinely think that to allow him to do so will lead to the ruination of our club for several years to come. Neither do I share his vision regarding how the game should be played. He's yesterday's man at a young age. 

It's one thing to rebuild squads if you've got Sir Alex Ferguson at the helm but in Rodgers, there's nothing in his career thus far that suggests that he is capable of doing this. On the contrary, his tenure here seems to be following previous form.

These are more worrying times than some people think i feel. Financially it would also effect us for quite some time to sack him with no obvious candidate on the horizon. I think our best bet is probably to hang on until summer to see who's available then but in the meantime, no more money for Rodgers. 

Haven't had the mental capacity to read through much of the gloom but when does his contract expire? I think I recall it's 2025 and, if so, that's going to cost about as much as the new East Stand (joking) to relieve him of his duties. 

I'm still Brendan in currently but the situation has a nasty whiff about it of which I've smelt a few over the past five decades. 

The thing is, whatever else you think of Rodgers, pro or con, our complete inability to defend set pieces is unacceptable beyond any argument.  It's a complete embarrassment.  No manager should allow it to continue for this long, and you can't pass the buck on this to anyone else - he's the man in charge.  Yes, Schmeichel is horrible on corners but if you know you have a keeper that can't command his area, you either design a system to try and cover for his weaknesses or switch keepers.  Simply letting it go on is not an acceptable alternative.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 3

Just now, Deeg67 said:

The thing is, whatever else you think of Rodgers, pro or con, out complete inability to defend set pieces is unacceptable beyond any argument.  It's a complete embarrassment.  No manager should allow it to continue for this long, and you can't pass the buck on this to anyone else - he's the man in charge.  Yes, Schmeichel is horrible on corners but if you know you have a keeper that can't command his area, you either design a system to try and cover for his weaknesses or switch keepers.  Simply letting it go on is not an acceptable alternative.

I truely believe that he thinks he has done that and at this point it's the players fault. 

We're a treat for other teams because they know how we'll line up from corners and all they have to do is keep their strongest headers of the ball from the width of the goal and the 6 yard box. So work on attacking the near or far post and you'll have a very good chance of scoring.

Just now, foxinsocks said:

Rodgers needs to be bold.  Drop cags and kasper.   That will send a message

I think we're still basically in a player power system here where certain guys are undroppable, and Kasper is one of them.

• Like 2