Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

On 01/11/2021 at 14:59, Kilworthfox said:

You can't argue with facts, and I see you've made the effort to prove that he is better than Puel, which I agree wholeheartedly. 

We have historically not been a title contender, it is sadly true. This doesn't mean we can not be going forward. Some will think, who do you think we are? I think we are Leicester Fu cking City mate!

I am sure if you look hard enough, you can find incompetence anywhere, and also achievements like the Charity Shield, which is of no significance to me...

I don't believe BR to be incompetent, but I do believe he is underachieving (therefore this warrants serious analysis to see if someone could be doing a better job), also I do not believe him to be humble enough to search within (A major flaw), to see why the team is under performing (that would be a progressive manager), thus, I have my opinion, that I believe it best for LCFC, and possibly himself that we are to end the working agreement.

I see a VERY worrying trends continued from the last 2 seasons.

We create very few goal scoring opportunities from open play! 

We believe we will out pass the opposition defence its becoming cringeworthy, like playing Hey Jude when either of the Scousers come to town.

We are over reliant on our star player to produce a "moment" from nothing to win a game.

We can not defend well any set piece.

We very rarely score from a set piece.

We can punish when we press, but we are passive far too often.

We only start playing when the game is gone, or almost gone.

We are becoming an arrogant team, one that I do not like, this comes from the Manager.

I believe we are sleepwalking into a crisis!!!!!!!!!

Against Arsenal we deserved to lose. We can not defend from a set piece.

Against Brighton we deserved to lose, we punished 2 errors, yet created noting from open play.

Against Brentford we deserved nothing (saved by Tielemans).

Against Spartak we were saved by Daka

Against Man U we deserved to win (Yet they were terrible) Nice to see us press from the front, but have to acknowledge we were allowed too.

Against Palace we crumbled in defence, very very unconvincing...

Against Legia it was a thoroughly disgraceful performance! This is where BR lost me.

Against Burnley we deserved nothing, lucky to escape with a point at home.

Millwall deserved win. (Job done, but it's Millwall in a cup that is no ones priority)

Against Brighton I actually thought we were the better team (but we can not defend set pieces).

Against Napoli we couldn't defend against a physical opponent, threw away 2 goals, see Palace.

Man City are better at being Old Barcelona than we are. No complaints.

Norwich were punished for 2 errors, we created nothing in open play. See Brighton.

Wolves couldn't score, a little like the Brentford game, their attack let us off the hook.

It gave me no joy to write the above. I want us to be the best we can be in all aspects of football. Our club has some wonderful aspects, but I believe these are diminishing with every poor result. That I am unable to Forgive BR for, in this "golden age" as a Leicester fan, because the potential at the club is so high, but the results are so lacking. We all know where our best players will be if we finish mid table, it will not be with a fox on their chests, and the Recruitment department, Academy or both, will have a huge job to do, and do it very well, for us to return to the higher places within this division.

It's been 5 weeks, nothing has changed, time is passing & we are slipping further down the table, & shortly will exit the Europa league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kitchandro said:

So people are finally realising that Rodgers is tactically inept, stubborn and arrogant.

Surprised more people aren’t talking about Iheanacho. If any other manager in the Premier League put their top scorer on the bench as much as he has over the last year they would be getting slaughtered. Rodgers’ treatment of this guy is inexcusable, as it has been since he subbed him against Norwich in December 2019 when the bloke was pulling up trees.

For Brendan it’s less about winning and more about winning his way. I guarantee you, if somebody tells him he should do something different, he would rather lose than accept he was wrong. He cannot think Perez is good enough, passing it backwards at a slow tempo is an attack, that we ‘generally defend well’ or that the zonal marking is working. 

It’s all about his ego blinding him to the obvious: that football is a much more simple game than he makes it look. I swear, people like him think you need to be a genius to be a successful football manager. You don’t, you need basic tactical understanding and leadership skills. He has neither, hence why he needs to use the media to build his own image of the messiah that overachieves with ungrateful clubs.

He has done an outstanding job with the media. EVERY SINGLE WEEK on Soccer Saturday they say what an amazing job he has done and that we have overachieved. It’s nonsense. The league was weak and has been full of inconsistent teams - and the team we have had over the past few seasons should have finished in the top 4. It has been full of talent and capable of being a wonderful attacking side. But Rodgers doesn’t want that, as he highlighted by bollocking the players for being 3-0 up at West Brom. He wants to bore the fans, forgetting that the whole function of the team is to entertain the fans. Meanwhile, we’re now getting the blame from him.

If we had the following basics we’d have been playing Champions League football for two seasons in a row:

1) A consistent style of play built around an attacking, high tempo philosophy 

2) Some determination 

If a manager does not implement a consistent style of play it breeds a lack of confidence from the players - which has been evident in the lack of determination and end of season collapses. When Liverpool face a challenge they have a complete belief in what the manager is asking them to do. Why? Because it’s both common sense and drilled into them every single day.

Klopp’s teams press high and attack because they have quick attacking players. Because the statistical majority of goals are scored within 3 passes (which suggests winning the ball in the opposition half and playing it forward quickly is likely to increase chances of a goal). It’s called playing the percentages. It’s called backing your players. It’s called being proactive instead of reactive. It’s one of the reasons players look better or improve under Klopp. They are being given the confidence to put pressure on the other team. That’s how we won the league with a much inferior squad to the one we have now.

But that’s too simple for Brendan Rodgers. He has to constantly mix things up and do the opposite of the obvious, because he needs to be able to explain to everyone that football is a complex game. That only geniuses like him can work it out, and that is ungrateful fans just need to be patient, sit back and watch his boys pass it round the back for an hour. Inviting pressure. Because a goal means nothing unless your centre back has threaded it through the eye of a needle after 25 passes, right?

The set pieces are bad enough but the worst thing about his team (which has been prevalent since the very start of his reign) is that when the going gets tough they not only completely lose the plot but the tempo and urgency actually drops. Yeh people bang on about us being in the top 4 so much but ignore the shocking runs of form in previous seasons which were punctuated by a complete lack of desire and work rate. 

Because we have such a talented group of players, we have destroyed teams and gone on some unprecedented good runs. The reason we aren’t able to do this consistently is because the manager is tactically clueless. Always has been. We are flat track bullies, a Jekyll and Hyde team who is capable of so much but regularly underperforms. He talks about overachievement  (another example of him deflating the players confidence and protecting himself) but this does not really add up. We just do not have the courage and self-belief to implement the same tactics as when we beat Southampton 9-0 or Man City 5-2. We have thrashed many teams out of sight, and been thrashed ourselves by poor ones. So that doesn’t suggest overachievement, it suggests we are flaky, weak willed, inconsistent. Overachievement would look a lot less extreme, it would include a lot more 1-0 wins and dodgy refereeing decisions.

Basically, Rodgers needs calling out on so many things. I am grateful for the FA Cup, but it papers over the cracks and the real story: that this particular Leicester City squad (the club name is irrelevant to this point) has underachieved and that objectively Brendan Rodgers is not a good football manager. 

The media may laud him but they aren’t desperate to see him at Man Utd because they know his flaws are too significant.

Well. I've nothing to add but that Is absolutely spot on. 

8 minutes ago, mod hero said:

This graphic was before kick off. This is worrying now. I honestly can’t see how he turns it around? 

I really hope he can but it’s the same week after week.

B6DC817C-1B1D-4A8F-8643-D22984CD19EA.jpeg

Which team is worse than us for set piece goals conceded? Jeez they must be awful! :o

He’s a very average manager and I was saying this last season and got pelters from almost on here who couldn’t see the reason why we were going so well.

Hes very poor tactically and has no plan B. He actually is quite pathetic in terms of he has no idea how to fix things that are so clear. How on earth can you continue for nearly half a season and every single game bar none have we looked even remotely solid.

1 clean sheet and that was in a game where the XG would have been expected at least 2/3 as Wolves missed about 3 one and ones and scrambles.

Its embarrassing, it’s amateur like.

Ive said for years but he’s lived off our squad. Tielemens, Fofana are amongst the best in the world. We’ve had a real hard time with some injuries but he has proven he has no clue when it’s not on a plate for him.

Hes a very average manager and despite the media hyping smoke up his a** at every job offer becoming available, theres a reason why Arsenal, Spurs and most recently Man Utd didn’t really show any serious intent.

chairman don’t rate him like the media and see past the narratives.

• Like 3

We haven’t been any good for a while now, and to be honest I don’t see Rodgers looking to change things especially at the back and how we defend set pieces. It is the same every week, hate to say it but maybe his time is running out and we need someone that can get us doing the basics right at the back. We are the laughing stock at the moment. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Corky said:

Those statistics are unsustainable throughout a season. We do not have the attackers to score 3/4 goals a game to win it most weeks. 

Today has actually genuinely made me fear relegation. I thought we'd be ok as between them Vardy, Barnes, Daka and Maddison would score enough goals to make up for a duff defence... but we actually do need 3 goals every game now to get a win! Still think it's unlikely we drop but I'm not at all confident anymore.

Ok. I am now bordering on Out. 

You can have good performances and it not go your way (see Chelsea v West Ham the other day) which is rubbish it but it happens.

I said to my mate today when he asked my prediction - 2-1 Villa (poss 3-1) and they get a set piece goal. 

When we're this predictable... something has to change. 

I want him to be given time to change because it is TOO easy just to sack and move on. I want him to acknowledge and improve. I want him to go "yeah, this isn't working so let's mix it up". Worst thing someone can be is stubborn when things clearly aren't working.

Fun fact - on average, goals are scored in 4% of corners. So what the hell is up with us?

18 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Having watched Evans and the experience he has as a player, he doesn’t strike me as a great organiser? He could be doing a lot more to sort that back line out? Seems to have been muted by the coaching staff?

It's difficult when you have the Captain behind you and you don't have the authority.

This is a big mistake on Brendan's behalf.

Guest Danny Clender

Here is my list of fact based problems facing BR.

Tielemans is peeved that Dennis Praet was loaned out.

Castagne is peeved because Tielemans is peeved. 

Ndidi is peeved because Iheanacho isn't being picked.

Lookman is peeved because Ndidi is peeved. 

Iheancho is peeved because Ndidi and Lookman are peeved.

Schmeichel is peeved because Vestergaard isn't being picked.

Soyuncu is peeved because Under wasn't signed.

Evans is peeved because every other player is peeved at Rodgers.

So, this means we should only have one nationality per signing, we should never ever sign more than one player from an individual country, fact!

Or, sign only from one country, perhaps England to please the nationalists, or even better, sign only players from Leicestershire within a radius of 5 miles from KP and/or Seagrave.