Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Who are the alternatives then? 

Marcelo Gallardo

Ruben Amorim

Graham Potter

Marco Rose

Thomas Frank

Adi Hutter

Ivan Juric

Oliver Glasner

Jesse Marsch

Scott Parker

Jose Bordalas

Sean Dyche

Paulo Fonseca

Christopher Galtier

Ralph Hasstlehutll

Marcelo Bielsa

Hans Dieter-Flick

Plenty of options.

Are all of them attainable, most likely not. 

Options though.

• Like 1

Rodger’s teams are painful to watch when it’s going wrong. We don’t play with pace or movement off the ball. As proof of this -  KDH, who was by no means the worst player on the pitch today but who’d got the nod after a performance from Soumare at Southampton that was both lethargic and slow, proceeded alongside Ndidi to stroll through a lot of that 2nd half when he was off the ball. He needed to be tenacious, pass and move, make the opponent think and guess but instead he reverted to what he had replaced. Don’t like to single him out as he’s a good lad and as I say he certainly wasn’t the worst player today but his movement (or lack of) is an ongoing problem with this team, we don’t switch positions, move, and try and pull the opponent about. Instead we build slowly and generally make it easier for the opponent. 

Edited by funkyrobot
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

He has this season to be honest and he will not walk so providing we don’t look like relegation candidates he stays. 

Next two games are mega though, Napoli and Newcastle. I don’t fancy the Europa conference and a reward for failure. I don’t think BR will either. 

Question - if the next year we finish mid table will you want the next guy sacked?

2 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok mate. Here’s three to start you off:

Mark Robins - young, up and coming. Proven in the lower leagues. A risk. Whether he’d come mid season is questionable. However, doing enough for our attention.

Unai Emery - expensive but boy does he know how to get teams our size playing. Would he come to England again - ask him.

Ruben Amorim - the next up and coming thing out there - 

Robins would jump at the chance let's be honest but we aren't taking that risk, Emery is doing fairly poorly this season isn't he? I like Amorim although get the feeling he'd be great with us or awful

The problem is we need a rebuild and I just don’t have any confidence in Brendan for that. When we lose a big player, are your really confident he’ll get the replacement right? 

I look at his decline at Liverpool and replacing Suarez with balotelli and it terrifies me. 

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think Rodgers has got two games to save his job, if we were lose to Napoli go out of the europa league and fail to beat Newcastle then I found it difficult the board will want to continue with Brendan. Come next Sunday we could be low as 15th.

There is no way we are beating napoli. No chance. 

2 minutes ago, Sly said:

Marcelo Gallardo

Ruben Amorim

Graham Potter

Marco Rose

Thomas Frank

Adi Hutter

Ivan Juric

Oliver Glasner

Jesse Marsch

Scott Parker

Jose Bordalas

Sean Dyche

Paulo Fonseca

Christopher Galtier

Ralph Hasstlehutll

Marcelo Bielsa

Hans Dieter-Flick

Plenty of options.

Options though.

Thomas Frank ,go in early , before he gets snapped up . Done very well with a small club and budget .  Yep Thomas Frank . Pay the money 

The state of some of you 😂 would rather get rid of a player who's gave everything for us for some twat who's made it clear numerous times he's here for a pay packet and to further his career.

Edited by LcFc_Smiv

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

Marcelo Gallardo

Ruben Amorim

Graham Potter

Marco Rose

Thomas Frank

Adi Hutter

Ivan Juric

Oliver Glasner

Jesse Marsch

Scott Parker

Jose Bordalas

Sean Dyche

Paulo Fonseca

Christopher Galtier

Ralph Hasstlehutll

Marcelo Bielsa

Hans Dieter-Flick

Plenty of options.

Options though.

Looking down that list I'm not sure any of them would be an upgrade 

• Like 1

It's just so frustrating, everyone can see the issues but he seems powerless to fix it or get the players to change. 

The last 2.5 seasons have been amazing, mixing with the top 4, European footy and the FA cup win. I feel bad saying it, but something needs to change and he needs to go. And I feel bad about that as a fan since the 80s, having tollerated such shit for years. 

But as James said, "If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor". 

Edited by Wakeyfox
Spell

"Second half we didn't come out, we have to cope with that."

"To not defend that [second goal] was very frustrating. All the work and all the analysis, we continue to give away poor goals."

Aha, not your fault then, Brendo? That's OK then.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sly said:

Marcelo Gallardo

Ruben Amorim

Graham Potter

Marco Rose

Thomas Frank

Adi Hutter

Ivan Juric

Oliver Glasner

Jesse Marsch

Scott Parker

Jose Bordalas

Sean Dyche

Paulo Fonseca

Christopher Galtier

Ralph Hasstlehutll

Marcelo Bielsa

Hans Dieter-Flick

Plenty of options.

Options though.

You’ve included a fair few there that have absolutely no chance of joining us 

Just now, Daggers said:

"Second half we didn't come out, we have to cope with that."

"To not defend that [second goal] was very frustrating. All the work and all the analysis, we continue to give away poor goals."

Aha, not your fault then, Brendo? That's OK then.

Yes he is in part, but was he in the pitch?

Oh I’d like to add that I’m not some entitled miserable tonk who’s only been following city since 2016, results whilst they matter aren’t always the be all, our performances have been shocking. I get mardy when we lose but I can’t accept bellow par, can’t be arsed performances week in, week out. So, 👋

3 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

The state of some of you 😂 would rather get rid of a player who's gave everything for us for some twat who's made it clear numerous times he's here for a pay packet and to further his career.

Where exactly will that happen? At this point we are the "furthering his career" part IMO.