Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

21 minutes ago, Benji said:

I’m almost disappointed in myself but I’m verging on time for him to go.  This set piece tragedy has gone on too long and we’re failing to beat really average teams.  

Lookman and Thomas are out of their depth I’m afraid.

Can't agree about Thomas, he was having to play left back and centre back at times today. It's Soyuncu that needs to spend a month or two on the bench getting angry.

• Like 1

I can't believe people can watch that post-match interview and feel he's our best option. It's astonishing, he's so blind to it all, "we did well", "it's young players finding their level" and after 10 goals conceded from set pieces he's only just acknowledging the issue it's a joke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Be careful we what wish for eh... otherwise this man could walk through the Leicester dressing room :(

I had to go to Limerick to find a job and work my way through the leagues  to get to where I am now'

He’d probably be ok at organising a set piece tbf, which is arguably a significant upgrade on where we are right now. At least we wouldn’t turn up to every game 2 goals down before we even start.  

You can't keep blaming young players Brendan - they are professionals and paid a hefty amount to do a job. Easy way out saying that.

"Detailed work on set pieces" everyone must have been asleep during that session 😳

"We do a lot of work on set pieces" 😳😳

3 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Be careful we what wish for eh... otherwise this man could walk through the Leicester dressing room :(

I had to go to Limerick to find a job and work my way through the leagues  to get to where I am now'

He'd stop us conceding from set pieces at least. But other than that the thought is frightening. 

If they really are doing a lot of work on set pieces then this is a lot more serious than we think and he needs to go and take his back room staff with him ASAP. Frightening. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxesWalk said:

He’d probably be ok at organising a set piece tbf, which is arguably a significant upgrade on where we are right now. At least we wouldn’t turn up to every game 2 goals down before we even start.  

Was about to post the exact same! We defo wouldn’t be conceding 2 a game under Big Sam. 

2 minutes ago, Jattdogg said:

Where exactly will that happen? At this point we are the "furthering his career" part IMO.

I think you missed my point, I'm a firm believer that Scottish prem is his level, and his success there only came from the fact the only other team who can compete with Celtic was rebuilding at the time.

It's ironic that I heard it was Brendan and Kasper who were going ballistic in the Southampton HT dressing room when in it's these two who really need to sit down in the cold light of day and realise that they are the problem. 

Rodgers needs to focus on nothing other than defending set peices in training. Kasper needs to be pulled out of GK training and they need to play ball after ball after ball into the box getting used to a man marking system. 

I'm certain this utter horror show, that i can't remember being this bad even in the dark days, is now seriously impacting the rest of the players and their confidence is shot. They are not bad players, they are far from it but they're stuck with a GK who's weakness is being magnified by coaching methods that are just perplexing. 

Brendan, it's not a weakness to admit you've got something wrong, it's a sign of strength and good leadership. Even if you believe your current way -  that is conceding goal after goal - is the right way, you need to make a drastic change to release the pressure valve for us all. The players and fans need to see something different as it simply cannot continue like this. 

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

I think you missed my point, I'm a firm believer that Scottish prem is his level, and his success there only came from the fact the only other team who can compete with Celtic was rebuilding at the time.

I agree to a point with this hence the celtic comment as well. :)

1 minute ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

This is spot on.

Time for a change!Time for a new goalie ad well

22 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Jesus.....

I bet your a thrill at party's 😏

And you seem like a stubborn difficult individual who can't answer a question. Bet you're an absolute laugh to be around...

20 minutes ago, Vazman said:

But did you see that Man Utd manager decision coming? So what's your answer then? Keep the manager, doing the same thing, week in week out? I dont know what the answer is, and dont necessarily want BR Gone but he ain't addressing defensive issues, but there comes a point when keeping someone because there isn't anyone else makes things worse! Are we at that point only the owners can answer that.

Nope, didn't see it coming. My answer would be to keep him and my wish is he sorts out the defence. Far easier said than done and happy to admit it. Also happy to admit it's unlikely because Rodgers is probably as stubborn as the poster I've quoted above.

16 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Ruben Amorim would be an interesting one that interests me.

In truth, this version of Rodgers is about 40-50% the level of peak Rodgers. Id fancy big sam to get a better tune out if the squad than Rodgers atm

In terms of driving us forward I see that as something shared between club and manager. Right now under Rodgers were regressing and beginning to build up a catalogue of very average players that nobody wants

Fair. Amorim also interests me, too. If it was conceivable and 'guaranteed' we'd get him, then perhaps it's worth a punt.

Funny about the Big Sam/Dyche shouts though - yeah they'd sort out defence out from set pieces but every other piece of play would be fvcking horrid. We'd regress further with them...

15 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Ok mate. Here’s three to start you off:

Mark Robins - young, up and coming. Proven in the lower leagues. A risk. Whether he’d come mid season is questionable. However, doing enough for our attention.

Unai Emery - expensive but boy does he know how to get teams our size playing. Would he come to England again - ask him.

Ruben Amorim - the next up and coming thing out there - 

Fair, again. At least there's names :D 

Robins - too much of a risk for sure, and not one I'd want us to gamble on at the moment.

Emery - not a bad shout, don't think the football would be that attractive however like you say, organised and has the experience on how to get clubs successful (ironically this is what attracted us to Rodgers when he first came in!)

Amorim - see above :) 

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

Who are the alternatives then? 

Marcelo Gallardo

Ruben Amorim

Graham Potter

Marco Rose

Thomas Frank

Adi Hutter

Ivan Juric

Oliver Glasner

Jesse Marsch

Scott Parker

Jose Bordalas

Sean Dyche

Paulo Fonseca

Christopher Galtier

Ralph Hasstlehutll

Marcelo Bielsa

Hans Dieter-Flick

Plenty of options.

Are all of them attainable, most likely not. 

Options though.

A LIST OF NAMES! FINALLY SOMEONE CAN DO IT! 

Know a lot more about them some of the others (as in managers, not posters lol). Having said that, I wouldn't be touching Dyche, Parker or Potter in our situation. 

Rose wouldn't leave Dortmund for us. Galtier just signed for Nice in summer. While some of them are more attainable than others, there's some that are more attracted to perhaps the kind of manager we want, too...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Hales said:

"Detailed work on set pieces" everyone must have been asleep during that session 😳

"We do a lot of work on set pieces" 😳😳

The fact he says we're working on set pieces and we're STILL doing zonal is terrifying. At one point I saw Thomas marking Mings.

• Like 1

Just now, dayday said:

Graeme Souness:  For me Leicester’s big problem is not just set pieces but they lack aggression, spot on Mr Souness

Exactly what I’ve thought for a long time. 

If that’s dictated or not by the manager, I’d expect players to stand up for themselves 

• Like 3

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly what I’ve thought for a long time. 

If that’s dictated or not by the manager, I’d expect players to stand up for themselves 

Its 100% dictated by the manager. He likes his teams to be measured, patient and in control. 

Problem is that style of play only works in the Premier League if you have 1 billion pounds worth of world class players.

He’d be a better manager in Spain or Italy. He’s no longer up to scratch in the Premier League and refuses to adapt.

It's Project Brendan. We aren't going to change from his ideals. We'll play the same way because it's what he believes in. He'll get enough points to be comfortable in the league but not pushing towards Europe.

We'll be told he's an elite coach whilst we concede the same ****ing soft goal every week (six out of the last seven from set-pieces in the league). 13 times we've conceded 2 goals or more in a game in all competitions- yes, we may be overachieving but really, Brendan, do you think your defence is that bad?

Everyone needs a massive kick up the arse. Or take a pay cut and reflect the league position and the performances.

• Like 1