Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

9 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

The issues with the team stem from before Brendan’s time, according to Brendan.

Desperately trying to preserve his fraying reputation and starting to throw anyone he can think of under the bus to do it.

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

Agreed, if he drops Kasper he loses the dressing room

I don't totally agree with that.  He loses the old guard portion of it, but you can bet there are a lot of younger players who quietly resent the amount of authority certain guys exercise.

• Like 2

Is it confirmed that we'd have to pay off Rodgers full contract? Most contracts will include a pay off of a maximum of 12 months. I think only Mike Ashley has been stupid enough to hand a manager a contract where they can earn a full pay off of the remainder of their contract, in recent years. 

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Think it's getting to a stage where a change may be needed eventually but we're still 11th and cannot see us getting relegated.

He deserves a chance to sort it out but he's looking clueless at the moment.

Yeah it's hard to gauge how the owners and board will view this. History suggests he will get a lot lot longer and allowed to get a lot lot worse before they act, but maybe because they have seen what the team is capable of that they will view what's happening as massive under performance and hold him more accountable than managers inferior to him.

The biggest elephant in the room is how much is will cost us to bin him, might depend as well on if the manager they'd want to replace him with is a free agent or not.

• Like 1

I think he has had his head turned by the Manchester United job I don’t think he is staying past the end of the season so is there any motivation to improve us, I just think we are going through the motions whether he leaves now or come the end of the season

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 1

Just had a look at our squad and contracts and the club really do have some big decisions to make over players in the coming months with Amartey and Lookmans contract up in the summer and then Tielemans, Perez, Soyuncu, Ricardo, Bertrand, Mendy, Choudhury, Evans, Vardy, Schmeichel, Benkovic, all up the following summer, making this summer window realistically the last chance we will get to get some money for them.

I think Rodgers deserves the summer to shift the majority from that list and rebuild a fresh hungry team.

People saying if he drops Kasper he loses the dressing room, I was always led to believe Kasper wasn’t that liked within the group anyway, not necessarily disliked just abit distanced, doesn’t get involved with groups or bonding.

That’s not to say he isn’t valued or respected, obviously he’s captain.

I don’t believe he was present at Vardys house when we won the league because he rather did his own thing - his prerogative of course.

Who has he improved as a coach whilst being here? Arguably Barnes although I think that’s more his own natural development as he generally plays more. It’s very worrying as I think we all know this team is massively underperforming. We need a pep/Bielsa/gasperini mould of a manager with a clear philosophy that’ll get the fans off their seats again. We are seriously wasting a good group of players who are low of confidence due to a manager who can’t accept there’s something he’s doing wrong

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

I think he has had his head turned by the Manchester United job I don’t think he is staying past the end of the season so is there any motivation to improve us, I just think we are going through the motions whether he leaves now or come the end of the season

What do you mean? He’s not gonna walk and give up £20M and Man U won’t offer him the job, no chance

I’m not sure the ins and outs of contracts.

Is it possible there would be a lower compensation fee for under performing? (Of which I wouldn’t imagine has been reached, yet)

I’d assume so to protect both parties.

What these stipulations would be is another question on top of the question.

I’d like to think honest and frank (no pun intended before someone replies - Lampard? :rolleyes:) discussions and words are taking place between the powers that be above Rodgers as well as between Rodgers and the players.

A few home truths need to be told between all of them.

Edited by Matt

39 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....odious bloke....no!!!

He'd probably instill some much needed nastiness and ruthlessness in us.

No, I don't want him in, but i'm just making the point and I would like to see the above.

25 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

And wilf

....no, stop using Wilf to support the forward play, it is not his job!!!

Rodgers sees him playing in a way where he is more forward thinking and waiting for Wilf to improve in that respect. Rodgers is very much wasting his time and messing with a players head.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The thing is, whatever else you think of Rodgers, pro or con, our complete inability to defend set pieces is unacceptable beyond any argument.  It's a complete embarrassment.  No manager should allow it to continue for this long, and you can't pass the buck on this to anyone else - he's the man in charge.  Yes, Schmeichel is horrible on corners but if you know you have a keeper that can't command his area, you either design a system to try and cover for his weaknesses or switch keepers.  Simply letting it go on is not an acceptable alternative.

Kasper in goal didn't weaken us in 15-16, so it's clearly a problem that should be fixable.