Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yes, I had. 

But for all we know Man Utd were already talking to him about the role? 

Do you think the club are talking to someone about the job? 

It still doesn't answer my question by the way. 

But did you see that Man Utd manager decision coming? So what's your answer then? Keep the manager, doing the same thing, week in week out? I dont know what the answer is, and dont necessarily want BR Gone but he ain't addressing defensive issues, but there comes a point when keeping someone because there isn't anyone else makes things worse! Are we at that point only the owners can answer that.

He has this season to be honest and he will not walk so providing we don’t look like relegation candidates he stays. 

Next two games are mega though, Napoli and Newcastle. I don’t fancy the Europa conference and a reward for failure. I don’t think BR will either. 

11 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

We are on a slippery slope now. And I don't know if he will stop it. Strange decision, after strange decision.

Lost the plot and dressing room?

We are on a slope this season that’s Brendan has engineered since Wesley injury, each strange decision is a poke to make his boss fire him and get a pay out , then he’ll end up knocking about on the bbc next to his pal savage and jump on the next chance he’s given for his supposed elite level persona he has worked hard for , persona . I say , let’s leave Brendan Rodgers in a let the world see he is a fraud .  He will not willing step down, he hasn’t got the back bone , and this team is reflective of that .  Let’s keep him in , it’s such hard situation .  If money wasn’t involved , he’d be gone by now .

5 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

We wouldn't get a better manager than him in my opinion. Unless we pick out an inspired European appointment. Things are a bit stale though and defensively we look awful.

Yep. There is one and his name is 

Christophe Galtier.

We should get him on board at all coast.  ( will still costs way too cheaper then BR)

Edited by kiwiturk

1 minute ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

We are on a slope this season that’s Brendan has engineered since Wesley injury, each strange decision is a poke to make his boss fire him and get a pay out , then he’ll end up knocking about on the bbc next to his pal savage and jump on the next chance he’s given for his supposed elite level persona he has worked hard for , persona . I say , let’s leave Brendan Rodgers in a let the world see he is a fraud .  He will not willing step down, he hasn’t got the back bone , and this team is reflective of that .  Let’s keep him in , it’s such hard situation .  If money wasn’t involved , he’d be gone by now .

If anyone wants crack the code on what this guy is trying to tell me, please let me know.

10 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Thanks, but that doesn't answer my question. 

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Its way more than being ambitious. We'd need someone who is able to continue driving us forward.

Ruben Amorim would be an interesting one that interests me.

In truth, this version of Rodgers is about 40-50% the level of peak Rodgers. Id fancy big sam to get a better tune out if the squad than Rodgers atm

In terms of driving us forward I see that as something shared between club and manager. Right now under Rodgers were regressing and beginning to build up a catalogue of very average players that nobody wants

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

We wouldn't get a better manager than him in my opinion. Unless we pick out an inspired European appointment. Things are a bit stale though and defensively we look awful.

Define 'better'. 

Rodgers has an impressive CV and carries himself like the model modern day manager. 

Some rough fvcker from the national league would probably get more of a tune out of us in the short term, though. 

Of course we need more than a short term shot in the arm, and in that example our quality of football would inevitably drop. 

I am sure we could find someone, anyone with a half decent coaching background to continue what Rodgers has instilled from a style of football perspective, who could blend that with a will to win and an ability to address and solve basic issues.

7 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

He’s lucky Youri scored one of the greatest goals in FA cup history & Kasper produced a super human save in that final. 

He’d be long gone by now if it weren’t for that. 

So just ignoring the fact he managed us to the final in the first place? As usual people going way over the top after a loss.

Also the people calling him a **** are a disgrace. 

• Like 1

His era at the club has run its course, I am not going to get irate because he’s delivered some wonderful memories but either we sack him now or part way come the end of the season. 

But the way we are going we are not going to qualify for Europe and that’s not acceptable. I have no doubts some of our better players will be off as well in the summer so it’s a rebuilding job.

Edited by Happy Fox

Rodgers is a good manager but has a ceiling. Celtic and us in 5th is basically it. Put him on a real top money club and i still think he wouldnt win the league given his interesting lineups and subs.

Having said that, It might be tough to find a decent replacement who may or may not do better . 

Perhaps we  just get used to our reality? Top 10 and any season where we hit top 4 or 5 considered great?

My mind is all over the place. 

Need a release without getting banned apparently :ph34r:. Lol i joke mods! Chill!

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Happy for you to name some from that list! I'm genuinely just curious as to who people think comes in should the club axe Rodgers. 

Happy to debate it, hence the question :)

Ok mate. Here’s three to start you off:

Mark Robins - young, up and coming. Proven in the lower leagues. A risk. Whether he’d come mid season is questionable. However, doing enough for our attention.

Unai Emery - expensive but boy does he know how to get teams our size playing. Would he come to England again - ask him.

Ruben Amorim - the next up and coming thing out there - 

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

Define 'better'. 

Rodgers has an impressive CV and carries himself like the model modern day manager. 

Some rough fvcker from the national league would probably get more of a tune out of us in the short term, though. 

Of course we need more than a short term shot in the arm, and in that example our quality of football would inevitably drop. 

I am sure we could find someone, anyone with a half decent coaching background to continue what Rodgers has instilled from a style of football perspective, who could blend that with a will to win and an ability to address and solve basic issues.

I reckon it would be Potter or Lampard. I don't think either is better.

I'll always be grateful to him for the FA cup, that was massive for me. The two 5th placed finishes I'm torn on. On the one hand it's a very good finishing position but the nature of both of them muddy the waters a little. 

I don't see him turning things around here which is sad but sometimes that's just the way it goes

Same problems have occurred all season, he hasn’t rectified any of them.

You knew he had lost the plot when he said set pieces weren’t a problem after the Arsenal game.

His organisation skills are absolutely non existent, from defence to midfield we continue to be a shambles, even in the games we’ve won recently, we have been far too open at times.

Soft, naive, reckless, that’s how we’ve been under Rodgers for the majority of 2021.

• Like 2

Can someone suggest some alternatives that will improve us.?

I am fed up with our displays recently but don’t want to be in a position that spurs were in last year.

I don’t think he will have long if the team continue to perform like this.

I just don’t have a clue who we would appoint. I would love him to turn it round but we seem in a deep rut.