Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

5 minutes ago, Silver surfer 1 said:

Perhaps his decision to get rid of a dedicated sports psychologist is coming back to haunt him .  It’s clear BR can’t do the geeing up getting upside the head stuff that a sports psychologist could ? 

That was Ranieri unless i'm mistaken.

Perhaps you're thinking of the Phyiso, Rennie.

However, if we haven't got a psychologist back in then I agree we should have one.

Edited by Matt

45 minutes ago, filbertway said:

We're just ignoring the end of that post then :D

We did not deserve that Liverpool win, it was absurd lol As was the Man City game, was it 3 penalties from mental tackles?

We did school Chelsea under Lampard and sh*thouse that final against Tuchel though.

I'm not sure beating Man U and Arsenal recent seasons is all that much of a brag haha.

Yep utter shit 🤣

36 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Most teams go through a 3 year cycle of being brilliant for a couple then flopping a bit for the 3rd.

Maybe it's time we moved on some regulars getting complacent and bring in new blood.

That’s why Ferguson done it with title winners. Hunger and desire and feeling like they have overachieved lesser expectations  set out early in their careers.

2 hours ago, filbertway said:

We're just ignoring the end of that post then :D

We did not deserve that Liverpool win, it was absurd lol As was the Man City game, was it 3 penalties from mental tackles?

We did school Chelsea under Lampard and sh*thouse that final against Tuchel though.

I'm not sure beating Man U and Arsenal recent seasons is all that much of a brag haha.

Liverpool were crap, missed a few chances but was hardly a dominant display and literally as soon as they scored, we were all over them. Had some shocking decisions go against us and then once we equalised and were gifted the 2nd goal, we ought to have got more than the 1 other goal. It was a comfortable win.

Vardy missed a hattrick of chances, as well as have a goal ruled out unfairly prior to Liverpool scoring. 

On 07/12/2021 at 09:45, Dahnsouff said:

I barely know where to start with this sh*t  lol

We, like any team, have no right to win every game. So instead of enjoying the 8 game winning streak, you focus on the outlier.

On 07/12/2021 at 09:54, An Sionnach said:

The main reason we got thumped was more to do with our lightweight players, Liverpool are a physical team . We have tried to address this but it still is a weakness.

Rodgers was found out in those two matches. Both Klopp and Guardiola concentrated on Chilwell as the vulnerable link. Mahrez and Salah were allowed to isolate him - two of the trickiest players in world football and Rodgers did nothing to assist him. 

The eight games beforehand paled into insignificance in terms of the importance to the teams confidence of those two critical matches.

I suspect Klopp and Guardiola (one taking notes from the other's strategy) planned to pin Chilly back and then squeeze him.

Rodgers wanted to go toe-to-toe with two of the most potent teams in the world and had made no provision for the adverse situation that developed. Better to set up a strong defence and lose by the odd goal than to get a thrashing. Confidence is like reputation - takes months to build up and a couple of bad games to lose. 

He got those two games badly wrong. When the team clicks, then they're awesome, as the first half at Villa showed. But the wheels came off at halftime. Was he out strategised by Gerrard? He's done great things for City - I only hope that he has more in him, as a manager, to finally make that step up to matching the likes of Tuchel, Pep and Klopp. 

51 minutes ago, gerblod said:

He got those two games badly wrong. When the team clicks, then they're awesome, as the first half at Villa showed. But the wheels came off at halftime. Was he out strategised by Gerrard? He's done great things for City - I only hope that he has more in him, as a manager, to finally make that step up to matching the likes of Tuchel, Pep and Klopp. 

.....I do not believe it will ever happen, he struggles in Europe and seems to fail to learn anything!!!

For someone who has managed for so long he is poor tactically and struggles to adjust in games when things are going wrong. Too many glaring problems, which I do not believe he sees, and has no idea how to deal with them, when brought to his attention.

We have a game tomorrow and we have players who have not travelled due to Covid. Rodgers tends to achieve better results when his squad is depleted as it forces him to adjust the way he plays, and he sets up according to our opponents, which is what he should be doing in the main.

• Like 2

On 05/12/2021 at 22:57, mod hero said:

This graphic was before kick off. This is worrying now. I honestly can’t see how he turns it around? 

I really hope he can but it’s the same week after week.

B6DC817C-1B1D-4A8F-8643-D22984CD19EA.jpeg

So my opinion we relegation level defensively is now proven by statistics.  :/

19 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That is shocking. 

Yes - but the only way is up..... providing there are radical changes to the defensive coaching methods/coaches.

46 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Yes - but the only way is up..... providing there are radical changes to the defensive coaching methods/coaches.

We've been saying this for months, maybe even longer though, would a manager with his experience radically make these changes to his methods? I can't see it. I genuinely can't see how we'll ever get back to the team we were 2 years ago.

37 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We've been saying this for months, maybe even longer though, would a manager with his experience radically make these changes to his methods? I can't see it. I genuinely can't see how we'll ever get back to the team we were 2 years ago.

If BR does not change things, his managerial creditability will sink like the Titanic.   Surely he will not standby and let his Defensive and Goal-keeping coaches ruin his stock??

On 07/12/2021 at 10:50, justfoxes said:

I just hope he Sets out the team that will convincingly beat Newcastle on Sunday this is one game Brendan can’t afford to lose, if we lose to the most underperforming team in the league then surely this will go against him with the board losing to a team that has only just got their first win of the season and Fuch hope we don’t hand them their second!

I’ve always backed Brendan but his failings in picking and putting out a team to go out and beat sides is getting rather bewildering, leaving Vardy on the bench against Villa was a huge mistake the chances we had first half we could have easily walked away with all 3 points, yes Daka is amazing but for the Premier League at the momentVardy is more lethal and pundits saying we were saving Vardy for Napoli then the same can be said for Daka who has been more lethal in Europe for us?

So here’s hoping Brendan gets it right Thursday night & Sunday yes we’ve struggled with injuries this season but the Vestergaard & Bertrand were just panic buys and wrong ones at that just wondered if Southampton gave us a discount for taking two of their players or was it a Buy one get one Free scenario ?

Sort your Sh1 t out Brendan show us why you're world class !!

Well Bertrand was on a free transfer so yeh I suppose you could say it was buy one get one free. 

2 hours ago, mozartfox said:

If BR does not change things, his managerial creditability will sink like the Titanic.   Surely he will not standby and let his Defensive and Goal-keeping coaches ruin his stock??

He's desperate for vindication. He wants to be known as the man that stuck to his principles and turned it around. The fluff pieces he imagines they'll write about him must live in his head rent free daily. 

Its all conjecture of course but I doubt its a million miles away from the truth.

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

He's desperate for vindication. He wants to be known as the man that stuck to his principles and turned it around. The fluff pieces he imagines they'll write about him must live in his head rent free daily. 

Its all conjecture of course but I doubt its a million miles away from the truth.

I think that's pure invention, I'm afraid. 

• Like 2