Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

No player is perfect unless they’re nigh on world class. 

We are not a club that is going to have a team of world class superstars. I mean, I can count on 1 hand the number I’d consider to be world class I believe we’ve had. 

Therefore we have to utilise a system, that best covers the cracks in our team. Kasper is never going to dominate an area from set pieces, therefore we need defenders that will.

10 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....no, stop using Wilf to support the forward play, it is not his job!!!

Rodgers sees him playing in a way where he is more forward thinking and waiting for Wilf to improve in that respect. Rodgers is very much wasting his time and messing with a players head.

It was very much a problem that our midfield was lacking a player when transitioning from defense to attack. Wilf can't sit behind the half way line permanently, but even when I saw him come forward on Sunday, he doesn't run in view behind the player with the ball to act as a pivot, he just seems to walk about in areas he's of no use. His head isn't in the game. If we lose the ball he jogs back and he loses the more than any other player.

He is the best at interceptions and recycling the ball but at what cost, that's the problem.

Wilf has got forward pre Rodgers as well because he's always there for when the ball pops out of the box for him to blast it over the bar.

8 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

He is the best at interceptions and recycling the ball but at what cost, that's the problem.

Wilf has got forward pre Rodgers as well because he's always there for when the ball pops out of the box for him to blast it over the bar.

If we were to move on from Wilf and Kasper surely we’d save a fortune, as our insurance rates would go way down - it’d be a much safer environment for fans in the first 40 rows.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Haha 2

On 06/12/2021 at 08:08, Dusty said:

I don’t get how you can make that assumption tho? Most of these players have reached their peak ability in their career so far under Rodgers. Yet he doesn’t get praise for that, he only gets blamed when it doesn’t work, that doesn’t make sense. Whenever we do well it’s a combination of Rodgers coaching and players performing. Going forward yday you could tell the players had been coached well, they were making good runs into the correct positions. 

As for the defence, you can tell they’re not being coached well enough as none of them have any confidence.

Look at a case where almost all our players were in the form of their lives, when we were on our 8 win streak, ndidi, pereira, vardy, soyuncu, evans were all among the best in the league, yet we get pasted 4-0 by liverpool. Rodgers couldnt ask for a more in-form group of talented players yet we get embarrased. Why? Because when it came down to Rodgers vs Klopp, Rodgers got put out on his arse, and he left TAA, their most creative player, completely unmarked for the entirety of the game and rodgers didnt clock it at all. Against a world class manager you could see the absolute gulf in their tactical systems.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Look at a case where almost all our players were in the form of their lives, when we were on our 8 win streak, ndidi, pereira, vardy, soyuncu, evans were all among the best in the league, yet we get pasted 4-0 by liverpool. Rodgers couldnt ask for a more in-form group of talented players yet we get embarrased. Why? Because when it came down to Rodgers vs Klopp, Rodgers got put out on his arse, and he left TAA, their most creative player, completely unmarked for the entirety of the game and rodgers didnt clock it at all. Against a world class manager you could see the absolute gulf in their tactical systems.

I barely know where to start with this sh*t  lol

We, like any team, have no right to win every game. So instead of enjoying the 8 game winning streak, you focus on the outlier.

Expectant much?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

The main reason we got thumped was more to do with our lightweight players, Liverpool are a physical team . We have tried to address this but it still is a weakness.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The main reason we got thumped was more to do with our lightweight players, Liverpool are a physical team . We have tried to address this but it still is a weakness.

we were light weight - but the manager's tactics were the most significant issue.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

we were light weight - but the manager's tactics were the most significant issue.

Can you highlight why you think this please? Would be interested too know.

I just hope he Sets out the team that will convincingly beat Newcastle on Sunday this is one game Brendan can’t afford to lose, if we lose to the most underperforming team in the league then surely this will go against him with the board losing to a team that has only just got their first win of the season and Fuch hope we don’t hand them their second!

I’ve always backed Brendan but his failings in picking and putting out a team to go out and beat sides is getting rather bewildering, leaving Vardy on the bench against Villa was a huge mistake the chances we had first half we could have easily walked away with all 3 points, yes Daka is amazing but for the Premier League at the momentVardy is more lethal and pundits saying we were saving Vardy for Napoli then the same can be said for Daka who has been more lethal in Europe for us?

So here’s hoping Brendan gets it right Thursday night & Sunday yes we’ve struggled with injuries this season but the Vestergaard & Bertrand were just panic buys and wrong ones at that just wondered if Southampton gave us a discount for taking two of their players or was it a Buy one get one Free scenario ?

Sort your Sh1 t out Brendan show us why you're world class !!

57 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Can you highlight why you think this please? Would be interested too know.

Possession is fine for teams who don't make mistakes... we do.  It is clear that we do not risk possession to create changes - hence why we can play for a half without a single shot at goal.  So, we don't shift the ball quickly and prefer to go sideways or back.

We should put a few early balls over the top so that the opposition defender have to be wary for the whole game.  Vardy is not unconnected to the mids unless nacho plays. Castagne is struggling defensively and look man is not much help on the rhs.

IMO we need more in midfield.

I wonder if our fitness levels are right - against villa we seemed competitive for the first 20 mins but not after

I think Rodgers is beginning to realise he's screwed himself with his signings, perhaps it's not his fault, maybe he thought he could bring top class talent to the club and hes struggled so had to settle with Vestegaard and Bertrand. Its probably another difficult job for a leicester manager having to contend with so many players wanting to move on, something he may not be used to.

7 hours ago, justfoxes said:

I just hope he Sets out the team that will convincingly beat Newcastle on Sunday this is one game Brendan can’t afford to lose, if we lose to the most underperforming team in the league then surely this will go against him with the board losing to a team that has only just got their first win of the season and Fuch hope we don’t hand them their second!

I’ve always backed Brendan but his failings in picking and putting out a team to go out and beat sides is getting rather bewildering, leaving Vardy on the bench against Villa was a huge mistake the chances we had first half we could have easily walked away with all 3 points, yes Daka is amazing but for the Premier League at the momentVardy is more lethal and pundits saying we were saving Vardy for Napoli then the same can be said for Daka who has been more lethal in Europe for us?

So here’s hoping Brendan gets it right Thursday night & Sunday yes we’ve struggled with injuries this season but the Vestergaard & Bertrand were just panic buys and wrong ones at that just wondered if Southampton gave us a discount for taking two of their players or was it a Buy one get one Free scenario ?

You'd have thought last season's top goalscorer might have got a run out too, but hey, let's just keep playing the underperforming Lookman every game to go missing and then substitute him for perennial failure Perez, both stand more chance of getting a goal than Iheanacho, the statistics show that  ... oh they don't? Is Rodgers using the same statistics expert he uses to scrutinise his defence? Perhaps eyes are sometimes better than notepads and statisticians? Just watch a game and don't overthink it. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, justfoxes said:

There are plenty of things to get at Rodgers for but sitting Vardy against Villa during a congested few weeks of fixtures with a huge European game on Thursday is not one of them. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, justfoxes said:

....not too sure who is saying that!!!

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

There are plenty of things to get at Rodgers for but sitting Vardy against Villa during a congested few weeks of fixtures with a huge European game on Thursday is not one of them. 

....was not expecting Vardy to get the full 90 against Legia, I thought he would get the first half and Daka to come in and take his place!!!

That only left Daka to come in for Villa and I felt we could have handled the rotation better.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2021 at 09:45, Dahnsouff said:

I barely know where to start with this sh*t  lol

We, like any team, have no right to win every game. So instead of enjoying the 8 game winning streak, you focus on the outlier.

Expectant much?

That 8 game winstreak was one of the best periods in our history, but we didnt just lose against liverpool, we were thrashed. If we're examining Rodgers as a Manager, then that game and the loss against Man City are the obvious examples of Rodgers getting it horrifically wrong solely on a tactical level, as we didnt have the issues of lack of motivation/confidence as we were currently on a high. Both games in a row he leaves our left flank exposed (using different tactics as well!) and didnt do anything to change it over the course of the game. I'm clearly not still aggravated about these particular losses that happened two years ago but theyre two of the best cases that showcase Rodger's shortcoming when he comes up against good, tactical sides.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yeah really broke him 🤣

Like we've never played well since....

We're just ignoring the end of that post then :D

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hahahahaa we beat every one of the big 6 at least once last season and bar the Arsenal game we thoroughly deserved every one of them. 

We did not deserve that Liverpool win, it was absurd lol As was the Man City game, was it 3 penalties from mental tackles?

We did school Chelsea under Lampard and sh*thouse that final against Tuchel though.

I'm not sure beating Man U and Arsenal recent seasons is all that much of a brag haha.