Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Fox92

Brendan Rodgers

Why would he want to anywhere else right now?  He will want to go at some point.  But surely , he is Leicester for another season at least.

His team (recruited under several managers) is moving towards their zenith.  The team should kick on next season with the wonderful players we have.

The interest from elsewhere will grow and he can pick his moment.  Right now, he must be loving football because he is Leicester manager.

16 minutes ago, majaco said:

Why would he want to anywhere else right now?  He will want to go at some point.  But surely , he is Leicester for another season at least.

His team (recruited under several managers) is moving towards their zenith.  The team should kick on next season with the wonderful players we have.

The interest from elsewhere will grow and he can pick his moment.  Right now, he must be loving football because he is Leicester manager.

I totally agree. I think it’s also important to note that if we get in the Champions League, we could do some serious business in the transfer market. This summer will be a buyers market. We may be in a position to buy players who wouldn’t previously consider us. 

1 hour ago, majaco said:

He would be an absolute moron to go. I’ve said this countless times before and I’ll say it again, this squad we have is the best squad we’ve ever had and is at the very worst the 5th best squad in the league(I’d argue better than that). We’ve had a ton of injuries all season, yet still in a cup final and a fantastic position in the league.

He would be mad to go to Spurs. If he left us for Real Madrid, Man City or Chelsea one day, I wouldn’t begrudge him, especially if he achieves top 4 this year, he’ll be regarded highly for me. If he left us in this summer for apperantly ‘big’ Spurs...I’d never forgive him. It would be a pathetic decision and 1 that would not be forgiven.

They have a nice stadium and in London..that’s it. Their squad is literally mid table without Kane and they have 2 league cup wins in 30 years!

Weve been in the premier league only half the time Spurs have yet have matched their league cup total and thrown in a league to trump them(at their expense). Winning the FA Cup this year and top 4 would only increase the argument to stay over leaving for a downward step. Money talks but he’s on a fat contract here with a great potential to build a legacy.

There’s no reason we can’t make a real go of it in the CL next year with our current situation. This squad all(bar a few) entering their prime, with our owners backing even more likely if we make the CL money to add quality and depth, it’s no exaggeration to say we’d be outside chances for the CL next year, especially considering the current financial situation of a big portion of the other top 5 leagues elite clubs!

It may look like I have blue tinted glasses on but Spurs!? Do me a favour. 

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Here's an article if anyone fancies a laugh... According to the Sun we are likely to give up not only our manager, but also half our first team to Spurs (presumably on the cheap) 

Cant believe a "journalist" actually got paid to write that up lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14778629/tottenham-lineup-brendan-rodgers-mourinho-tielemans-maddison/

What an absolutely bizarre article, surely someone didn't pay this individual for such a childish peice of writing. After asking why Rodgers would leave potentially a champions league team, better players and good owners, the only answer appears to be that Levy is a long time admirer? Really, is that all they've got to offer. And all those players they're going to sign, Fofana, Iheanacho, Castagne etc, are we having a fire sale or something 🤔

No wonder there's little credibility left in football journalism. 

15 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Here's an article if anyone fancies a laugh... According to the Sun we are likely to give up not only our manager, but also half our first team to Spurs (presumably on the cheap) 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/14778629/tottenham-lineup-brendan-rodgers-mourinho-tielemans-maddison/

Even Brendan wouldn’t dare do that. Like they would all want to follow Brendan to that dump and Top would just let that happen.

Even the biggest Brendan Rodgers Leicester fans would never forgive him if that happened!

If he somehow was stupid enough to leave for Spurs, it wouldn’t suprise me if he tried to knick lots of this squad. I’ve said for a while how, despite him apparently being touted as doing a super human job with us, in reality he’s walked into a dream scenario. It wouldn’t be a huge issue to us if Brendan did leave if it meant we kept our squad together, however if that BS sun article came true, then it would be a disaster for us.

Losing any of our key first teamers is far more crucial than BR.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Dear Tottenham supporter.

Just change your allegiance to Leicester if you want our manager and our team FFS.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-9517349/Brendan-Rodgers-endorsed-Tottenham-managerial-role-Teddy-Sheringham.html

Here's Sheringham saying Spurs should break the Bank for Rodgers...

The Bank's already been broke you moron. Your stadium made sure of that.

That's why you needed the ESL to prop up your finances. I swear some of these divs deserve to end up broke after the end of their careers because their mental level is only fit for working at McDonalds.

Edited by LC/FC
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

He would be an absolute moron to go. I’ve said this countless times before and I’ll say it again, this squad we have is the best squad we’ve ever had and is at the very worst the 5th best squad in the league(I’d argue better than that). We’ve had a ton of injuries all season, yet still in a cup final and a fantastic position in the league.

He would be mad to go to Spurs. If he left us for Real Madrid, Man City or Chelsea one day, I wouldn’t begrudge him, especially if he achieves top 4 this year, he’ll be regarded highly for me. If he left us in this summer for apperantly ‘big’ Spurs...I’d never forgive him. It would be a pathetic decision and 1 that would not be forgiven.

They have a nice stadium and in London..that’s it. Their squad is literally mid table without Kane and they have 2 league cup wins in 30 years!

Weve been in the premier league only half the time Spurs have yet have matched their league cup total and through in a league to trump them(at their expense). Winning the FA Cup this year and top 4 would only increase the argument to stay over leaving for a downward step. Money talks but he’s on a fat contract here with a great potential to build a legacy.

There’s no reason we can’t make a real go of it in the CL next year with our current situation. This squad all(bar a few) entering their prime, with our owners backing even more likely if we make the CL money to add quality and depth, it’s no exaggeration to say we’d be outside chances for the CL next year, especially considering the current financial situation of a big portion of the other top 5 leagues elite clubs!

It may look like I have blue tinted glasses on but Spurs!? Do me a favour. 

Whatever Rodgers may or may not be, he's not stupid when summing up his career options. Spurs will not be an attractive option for a number of decent managers for various reasons, squad rebuild, limited finances and a current squad that have not performed for Pochettino and Mourinho. If they can't get a tune and full cooperation out of them, who'd want to risk their reputation with Spurs and Levy?

24 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

What a pile of shite that is. I am sure spurs wouldn’t pay 80 mil for one of our players never mind 80 mil each for half the team 😂. Some idiots about 

Why would he move from a top 6 club, to a mid table club. That's the reality. We are not a top six club in the eyes of the media, sky sports etc. but I can only see this team developing and be a regular top 6 finisher. Whilst the big 6 might have financial clout, money can't buy everyone success. There is only one Premier League winner every year and we are closet to being that than Spurs are ever likely to be with all their debt.

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whatever Rodgers may or may not be, he's not stupid when summing up his career options. Spurs will not be an attractive option for a number of decent managers for various reasons, squad rebuild, limited finances and a current squad that have not performed for Pochettino and Mourinho. If they can't get a tune and full cooperation out of them, who'd want to risk their reputation with Spurs and Levy?

You’d like to think not but we have no idea really what Rodgers thinks. 1 thing that Spurs have over us is more world wide support and better commercial value.

He may be the ego type of guy who wants to be at a headline club rather than a quiet wallflower club.

Everything else would suggest him to stay so hopefully he does. I’ve not been his biggest fan but if he sees the job through this year and gets top 4 then he’s starting to actually have evidence to suggest the ‘top class manager’ narrative has some substance. To leave at that point would be unforgivable for me.

Moyes for an example got Top 4 for Everton then did a great job for a good 8 years or so afterwards to ‘earn’ a big move, what has football come to where your being sold off so quickly when having 1 or 2 decent seasons?

If Rodgers is a top manager he needs to prove it for at least next year and then he might get to the elite clubs, Spurs would be a joke of a decision for him to make but we’ve seen stranger things in football that make no sense.

Edited by deanolegend1989

33 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I'd think that was pathetic if a 15yo posted it on twitter.

I just love these ex players like Sheringham saying that Spurs should "go and break the bank" to get Rodgers.  A few weeks ago some ex Manure player said they should pay whatever it takes to get Fofana, or Manure should pay whatever it takes to get Kane.   It was only last week that we had 6 English football clubs trying to ring fence all the money for them, because they have broke the bank along with many other clubs.   

I think Brendan is clever enough to know his next job is with a title winner, be that here or abroad.

He's probably well aware Pep only has two years left in him. Two more good seasons with us and he'll walk into the Man City job and be able to sign an absolute dream team.

It's frankly embarrassing that he's being talked about for Spurs, his next move will be to a side that consistently win titles or have done in their past... making Manchester most likely (either of them to be fair!)

Always worries me if a manager comes out and says he’s happy where he is. I’m sure he did the same at Celtic before joining us. 
Within days coaches are  normally appointed where they’ve  been linked with. 
I can’t see him going spurs but would be a lot happier once they appoint someone other than Rodgers. 

1 hour ago, 420Hashish said:

Don't 4th place teams have to go through a round of qualifiers before entering the CL? I remember Spurs and Pool almost losing their qualifiers and people losing their sh1t on social media 

Not any longer no, that's been done away with for a few years now for teams finishing fourth in the bigger leagues.

27 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

what has football come to where your being sold off so quickly when having 1 or 2 decent seasons?

Considering Man U and Chelsea are supposedly after Kels after scoring a few goals and showing a bit of form anything is possible to suggest in the dreamlike world of football media.

1 hour ago, EnderbyFox said:

If I were in the outback and got caught short with the trots and this article was the only piece of paper that I had to clean up with I still wouldn’t insult my arse by using it do so

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

He has a genuine opportunity to have a brian clough story at leicester. Moving to clubs that buy trophies is sooooo boring. 

I think the parallel is closer to Don Revie than Clough. Forest never shook off their provincial tag. 16k crowds. Apart from the early days of Francis and Fashunu, they stuck to the bargain basement for players. And once Clough went they  became lower league nobodies again

Whereas Revie converted Leeds.from.an 11k a week footballing backwater to a big city club. And the legacy carried on. They've reinvented themselves three times since - The Strachan, Speed, Mcallister era to Ferdinand, Kewell, Alan Smith to now the Bielsa era. 

My point being, I think Rodgers and the family aim.to create a regional big (ish) club 

• Like 1