Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Our recruitment is the envy of the Premier League.  That is why a middling provincial club like ours can mix it with the juggernauts, yet this team cost over £150m for virtually no return over the last 5 years:

Zieler

Benkovic   Benalouane    Hernandez

Inler   Iborra     Silva      

Ghezzal        Perez       Musa

Slimani

I guess it's not as easy as it looks.

No room for Kapustka?

Negotiate a performance related deal, for every goal or assist he gets over the term of his contract with them we get money. They pay all his wages and we can say goodbye to this dud. Perfect !

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

I swear if we said he's free these fecking Turks would want 500k to take him.

...we would be mad to accept this, even on principle..!!!

So we get something like £1.75m for him and then pay a loyalty bonus as he has not put in a transfer request. The "bonus" would exceed the money we would get for him!!!

Don't sell, let him run his contract down, play him as an overage member of our development squad and see if he decides to:-

Buy up his contract

Puts in a transfer request

Refuses to play as requested by the club and breach his contract.

We cannot be dictated to by a player and perspective buyers looking to fleece us and laughing in our face at the same time.

• Like 2

Not much thought required here

• What are his wages for a year?
  • Do we plan to play him?
  • Are other options viable?

All other thoughts are not business or football related, principles be damned.

3 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Bloody Puel, he pushed this signing through and I hated it from word go. 

Offer a silly big loan with an obligation to buy @ £5mil (if they can't afford it just yet)

It’s small  potatoes alongside the Slimani and Silva fiascos but seems easier to fix than the other 2 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, murphy said:

It is very much business related.  Having set a price, to then have it quartered and cave in to a deal completely on Besiktas' terms it weakens us for future negotiations and our hard won reputation in the transfer market is lost.  

Actually disagree, the concerns that applied to Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell are not at play here. Everyone knows we want rid, it’s just about what is best for us financially, and that needn’t always be about maximising the fee, sometimes it is just about clearing the wages for the deadwood.

There is no message that can be sent with Ghezzal, we just got it wrong on this one 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I still think that he’s technically very good and might have been useful at points last season. 

....I believed it has been posted several times, that he has been described as the most skilful player at the club!!!

He was just unable to bring that level of play to the matchday games and never had the same attitude he has now. Moved from a shrinking violet to a beast, he is clearly now confident in his own skin.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Actually disagree, the concerns that applied to Mahrez, Maguire, Chilwell are not at play here. Everyone knows we want rid, it’s just about what is best for us financially, and that needn’t always be about maximising the fee, sometimes it is just about clearing the wages for the deadwood.

There is no message that can be sent with Ghezzal, we just got it wrong on this one 

Maybe you're right.  Maybe it doesn't compare to deals for high value players but I still think that it sets a dangerous precedent for future deals that involve players we want to get rid of and might come back to bite us.  Personally, I can't live with being bullied by Besiktas.and rolling over for them.  I would have told them where to stick their £2m.

Remember, he's not deadwood to them.  He posted Mahrez-esque numbers for them last year and played a huge part in them winning the league.  They are taking the piss.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, murphy said:

Maybe you're right.  Maybe it doesn't compare to deals for high value players but I still think that it sets a dangerous precedent for future deals that involve players we want to get rid of and might come back to bite us.  Personally, I can't live with being bullied by Besiktas.and rolling over for them.  I would have told them where to stick their £2m.

Remember, he's not deadwood to them.  He posted Mahrez-esque numbers for them last year and played a huge part in them winning the league.  They are taking the piss.

100% they are Not sure we actually give a toss though

48 minutes ago, Gerard said:

What the "get rid of him for free or whatever they offer" brigade fail to understand is the dynamics of negotiation.

Yes we want rid but there are opposite parties who would be prepared to pay a healthy fee for him. The art of negotiation is to get them to pay their top line rather than accept your bottom line. Ghezzal & Beskitas needs something to happen more than Leicester.

Beskitas are also not the only interested parties, I'd happily see us play hardball to the last few hours of the transfer deadline and see if Beskitas blinks or even if they don't see if Ghezzal blinks when other clubs put an offer in for him. Worst case scenario is we play the game again in January.

....the main factor is that Ghezzal does not wish to play for anyone else!!!

Should a team come in and bid £10m then we inform him of the fee and of course stipulate that we would like him to take the deal offered. The problem is Ghezzal does not have to agree, and will turn it down, because it is not where he wants to be.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....the main factor is that Ghezzal does not wish to play for anyone else!!!

Should a team come in and bid £10m then we inform him of the fee and of course stipulate that we would like him to take the deal offered. The problem is Ghezzal does not have to agree, and will turn it down, because it is not where he wants to be.

Let's assume:

Ghezzal wants to play for Beskitas.

Beskitas won't offer more than £2m.

Another team offers £7m.

Lets see Ghezzal's resolve to play for Beskitas with 24 hours of the transfer deadline to go. Does he stay here and not play for another year when he has three or four good seasons left in him or does he think Beskitas have betrayed him and have took advantage of him and left him high and dry by not offering what other clubs are prepared to pay.

I for one would prefer the club to hold tight and call Beskitas and Ghezzal's bluff. We can afford to lose money on Ghezzal, can Ghezzal afford to write off another season of playing time at his age?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Let's assume:

Another team offers £7m.

Lets see Ghezzal's resolve to play for Beskitas with 24 hours of the transfer deadline to go. Does he stay here and not play for another year when he has three or four good seasons left in him or does he think Beskitas have betrayed him and have took advantage of him and left him high and dry by not offering what other clubs are prepared to pay.

I for one would prefer the club to hold tight and call Beskitas and Ghezzal's bluff. We can afford to lose money on Ghezzal, can Ghezzal afford to write off another season of playing time at his age?

.....i agree with you....!!!

I do not see this stance being unilateral as it would have been cooked up by Ghezzal and Besiktas, Ghezzal is not an innocent in this picture.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Let's assume:

Another team offers £7m.

100% agree with this post, Besiktas are trying to bully us into a low low transfer fee, Ghezzal was never good enough for the Premier League and he is suited to the lower standard of football in the Turkish League so it’s best he goes, but  i would love another team from that League to pop up with a £5 million bid and he goes to them… :beer:

Apparently the clubs agreed on a fee of €3m and we wanted it all in one go, Besiktas said they wanted to do it in installments so we said they would have to pay €4m that way lol

https://www.tgrthaber.com.tr/spor/futbol/besiktas-ghezzal-icin-leicester-city-ile-anlasti-2788072

Beşiktaş shook hands with Leicester City for Ghezzal!

According to the last minute transfer news; The black-and-whites, who have been making great efforts to finish Rachid Ghezzal's transfer for a while, are very close to a happy ending... Beşiktaş and English team Leicester City shook hands in the bargaining of Ghezzal, the last snag in the transfer remained in the payment plan.

Black and white players, who do not want to lose their players who had a big share in the double championship last season, continue their transfer efforts intensively. The biggest expectation is that the Valentin Rosier and Rachid Ghezzal line will not be broken.

According to Sabah's report, Kartal, who shook hands with Sporting for Rosier, continues his contacts with Leicester City for Ghezzal. It was stated that the British team accepted a 3 million euro testimonial, but stipulated a cash payment. When Beşiktaş management wanted to pay this amount in installments, the British increased the price. As a counter offer, Leicester City management replied to Beşiktaş, "We would like 4 million Euros in installments".

The talks, conducted by the 29-year-old star's manager, Anouir Fazuli, are expected to continue for a while. The goal is to train the Algerian player to the Spanish camp.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Apparently the clubs agreed on a fee of €3m and we wanted it all in one go, Besiktas said they wanted to do it in installments so we said they would have to pay €4m that way lol

https://www.tgrthaber.com.tr/spor/futbol/besiktas-ghezzal-icin-leicester-city-ile-anlasti-2788072

Beşiktaş shook hands with Leicester City for Ghezzal!

According to the last minute transfer news; The black-and-whites, who have been making great efforts to finish Rachid Ghezzal's transfer for a while, are very close to a happy ending... Beşiktaş and English team Leicester City shook hands in the bargaining of Ghezzal, the last snag in the transfer remained in the payment plan.

Black and white players, who do not want to lose their players who had a big share in the double championship last season, continue their transfer efforts intensively. The biggest expectation is that the Valentin Rosier and Rachid Ghezzal line will not be broken.

According to Sabah's report, Kartal, who shook hands with Sporting for Rosier, continues his contacts with Leicester City for Ghezzal. It was stated that the British team accepted a 3 million euro testimonial, but stipulated a cash payment. When Beşiktaş management wanted to pay this amount in installments, the British increased the price. As a counter offer, Leicester City management replied to Beşiktaş, "We would like 4 million Euros in installments".

The talks, conducted by the 29-year-old star's manager, Anouir Fazuli, are expected to continue for a while. The goal is to train the Algerian player to the Spanish camp.

I would give Besiktas F**k Off tablet if i were the club

• Like 1