Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
happy85

Ghezzal

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

So as well as Besiktas being cheap with us, turns out Ghezzal/his agent are messing them around with his demands, and threatening with the interest of Galatasaray...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/leicester-exit-danger-collapsing-agent-player-keep-changing-demands-manager-left-annoyed/

Leicester exit in danger of collapsing as agent and player keep changing demands – Manager left ‘annoyed’

Leicester City outcast Rachid Ghezzal’s move to Besiktas is in danger of collapse over his increasing wage demands.

That’s according to Hurriyet, who cover the situation today and explain why the move hasn’t been finalised yet.

Ghezzal was the star of the show while on loan at Besiktas last season, playing a key role in their title success.

He is keen to return to the club, and they would like to have him, with negotiations underway between themselves and Leicester for months.

The Foxes are happy to let Ghezzal go and even lowered their demands to make a move happen, but as of yet, a deal hasn’t been completed, and it seems that is because of the player’s changing demands, something which has not gone down well with Besiktas.

Hurriyet explain that Besiktas have ‘suspended’ talks with Ghezzal and his agent after they continued to increase their demands during negotiations.

At first, they were demanding €2.8m, but this was increased to €3.2m, with his agent Anouir Fazuli then asking for a four-year contract and a ‘testimonial’.

The two parties met two days ago to discuss a deal, and at this point, it’s claimed Fazuli warned Besiktas that they also had an offer from Galatasaray.

He made it clear that Ghezzal wants to stay at Besiktas, but the €2.8m offered was not enough, and that would have to be increased.

In reply, president Ahmet Nur Chebi responded that while Ghezzal is ‘valuable’ to them, they have already offered €3.2m, and that is already an increase from the €1.8m he earns at Leicester.

Sounds like Besiktas are trying to move the attention away from them being tight arses on the fee and to blaming the player...

2 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

This will go on until towards the end of the window unless someone else comes in with a serious bid. Bestikas will hope to either get him at the price they want or just take him on loan again because they know we don't want him. 

Just get rid ,take 3 mill and get him off our wage bill 

Signing for Galatasaray according to what I can make out from Turkish media on Twitter. Gets a 3+1 year contract and €50k a week - can't see any indication of what the fee is but think it will be about €3.5m as reported earlier in the week.

The last proper piece of deadwood gone, arguably.

55 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Signing for Galatasaray according to what I can make out from Turkish media on Twitter. Gets a 3+1 year contract and €50k a week - can't see any indication of what the fee is but think it will be about €3.5m as reported earlier in the week.

Ooh Jeff, there’s always deadwood!

I don’t think of either that way, but we have two squad members who play RW who some on here can’t wait to see out the door

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

He'll be popular at Besiktas then if he signs for their arch rivals.

Maybe he should take Souness as his minder. lol

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Another player we can include in the worst City line up since the year 2000.

Would honestly love to talk to the club official who made the decision to sign him and establish his or her reasons why we did. 

He hasn’t been great that’s for sure. but considering some of the players we had between 2003 to 2007. I don’t think he’d make the worst players team IMO.

Momo sylla and josh Lowe would be my wingers in that team.

• Like 3